Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    One-year-old-scrub? I haven't even got that yet. Also, BEAR HUGS.
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:
    "By ignorance the truth is known" -Henry Suso

Lesser Hivemind Node
    While watching a try on new lone druid meta, i were also doing pretty bad on TA and i don't think anyone really had a great game there so not like you woulda cost the game alone

Was fun to have a nice "no need to worry these people would go ballistic and rage quit" group to play with and talk on mumble.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    ^Yea those were ggs man, was very fun playing.

Btw if you want to quickly check game stats without going into the game itself, check out Dota buff: http://dotabuff.com/players/60388461

That's my profile.

You need to enable an in-game setting to allow Dotabuff to track stats though. It's pretty schweet. Just remembered about it now.

I got my first truly horrible match yesterday. Our draft was superior, and halfway through we had a huge lead, but we had a trash talking teammate who everyone mutes, someone hiding items off the courier, and when we destroyed 2 lanes of rax and half the ancient, they go fountain diving instead of killing the ancient or the third lane. We lost several minutes messing with the courier and searching for our items, and the fountain feeding gave Drow, LS, and PA enough kills to teamwipe us repeatedly. They came back to win with a 24k gold and 18 level lead, and I dearly wish there were harsher penalties than muting or LPP.

I did learn one important thing: the stash has only 6 slots, and if you try to buy more item than 6 items that would deposit there, they'll drop in the fountain!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    I had a 23 min butterfly in one of my last matches, with a yasha and boots, and our team still lost. I was very sad by that. I was having a lot of fun playing spectre, I rarely used her in the past. Was like 8-1 or something at the start.

Late game is so dominated by carries it's kind of crazy. You can win the entire match and then just lose at the end because they have a bash carry plus one other high dps carry... in this case it was Nevermore I believe with Jak/Troll. As the only carry on the team, the last fight I couldn't do much. Edit - nevermind... they had an invincible and fed clockwerk + Axe... who both somehow were leveled ahead of me despite my 8-1 ratio to start the game... so somewhere my team fucked up I think early game.

Also Nyx on our team totally bailed on us in one teamfight... missing a chance to kill two carries and reverse our team's mid game fuck ups.... but no... he decided the game was "over" at that point. Despite playing the rest of the game after that point normally..... just had to screw that part up by creeping in the forest while they 5 man pushed on the bottom lane lol.

That said my friends in the game weren't really helping me out with their 5-10-ish K/D ratios lol. So the enemy dark seer and disruptor kind of got fed and AOE'd the shit out of us. My team didn't know how to spread out enough... very annoying... >.>

To be fair one of my mates was in Singapore and he was probably tired, since they are 12 hours or so ahead of us in time... I think it was like 5 am for him.... lmao.
    Last edited by rockman29; 10-11-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Network Hub
    Since the latest patch i've won 45 and lost 36 which is a nice change from the usual 50/50 I guess.

I'm really liking Lone Druid right now. Even with a difficult lane the increase in passive gold gain and the ability to farm with bear makes it easier to get an early radiance and start snowballing. I'm still struggling to get a sub 5 minute midas with alchemist and I'm beginning to think it might not even be worth it since the new ult + building armlet lets you fight much earlier.

Interestingly, Dendi had 5 bad games in a row and then hasn't played in 18 days http://dotabuff.com/players/70388657. Didn't stop him destroying S4 though.
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Based Dendi.

Network Hub
    More lone druid! http://dotabuff.com/matches/380155117 solo offlane this time

I think i'm in love with the hero
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Have had few amusing games lately as been trying to show friends who are starting to dabble in doto some carries (softer and harder ones). Phantom Lancer was quite popular (wasn't a stomp or anything, but once you get that Diffu-Heart-Manta combo and just start shoving illusions to 2 lanes it gets ridiculolus when you accidentally kill a support with them as they attack move).
    I did get wrecked as Natures Prophet and Doom, NP was ofc still being useful as it's just the whole "Oh you won teamfight. Meanwhile on other lane, i just took your rax.". Viper win i can count on the whole "If you're a QoP or other guy with dot, Do NOT use it on a Corrosive Skin leveling viper. Just don't do it, it does not end well for you".

http://dotabuff.com/matches/380268927
    Aghs-Refresher Razor was about as ridiculous as any non-6 item hyper carry can be, or even more so as you don't even really need to auto-attack, you just run along their whole team and everything dies. Epilepsy warning, if you've never seen it. Was wondering if to pick OD or Razor and enemy took OD so went mid counter him with the Static Link&Unstable Current rush.

If enemies ever pick OD against you and you're worried what to pick mid against him, take Razor if you in any way can fit him into your team.

Razor mid is ridiculous
    And if you get a shadow blade to go along with the scepter/refresher combo, that's even more ridiculous (is that correct grammar?I have no idea). Suddenly your hp melts out of nowhere.
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah, shadow blade could be fun (mostly for the move speed tbh for me), but i rather wanted to tank up so bought heart and butterfly and had aegis for last push. If i lost aegis i woulda prob gone for BKB (boring) S&Y (neeeeed for speed) or another butterfly. Would be fun to try that evasion stacking, though i guess it'd be more suitable for FV or something.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I strongly urge everyone to watch the navi alliance bo5 weplay grand final vods on youtube. Xboct and kuroky at their best. And puppey goes all out in the drafts in both won and loss games.

New house, but still no internet. Doh.

I did play a bot game on my laptop at lunch yesterday, though... and sucked. Tiny keys, smaller mouse, many mis-clicks. Fun fun. I'm hoping I can get service before the belated Diretide update rolls around.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 13-11-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Storm went to the gym...
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Wyhx View Post
    Storm went to the gym...
    I won't be able to look at Reeves the same way again.

Had an intense 90min game that we somehow managed to win despite enemy having megas at somewhere like 40min mark. Ended up with three of us defending while Morph and TA go for a baserace. http://dotabuff.com/matches/383469782

I need a smoke now.

@Kaira: Holy... Dota at it's best.

Aldo, does anyone want to play a spirit team with me? Vengeful, Storm, Earth, Ember and Spacecow. Completely useless team by the looks of it, but it could be fun

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota...pi_ally_07.mp3
    Last edited by Wyhx; 15-11-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da6yefKFutE

And another one from Jim's house of fine film.

On an unrelated note: Visage familiars. I randomed him yesterday and was so terrified of the micro involved that I never skilled the familiars up, and fortunately the other team was bad enough that it didn't matter. How do people use 'em?

ERRYBODY BUY THAT SET
    I'm fairly sure it's gonna turn Immortal
    Last edited by starmatt; 28-11-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Steam

What is that set...
    Kind of looks like shit to me. And I don't really care about the item trading anyway.
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote: