Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Had a good game with Dota Chums guys a couple of days ago, was good stuff, don't remember who exactly but was a fun game, we stomped them pretty bad

Believe it was this game: http://dotabuff.com/matches/401795082

You won with team no-carry against team carry. I still have to achieve that, congrats!
    Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by starmatt View Post
    You won with team no-carry against team carry. I still have to achieve that, congrats!
    The odds are actually in your favor according to match data mining. 5-carry has the least win % of compositions. 4-supp has the highest.

I'm pretty sure you were in that game.... weren't you clock?

If you enable the option to allow the data to be seen by third party websites, you can see your name in there, pretty sure that clock was "Matt"

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    The odds are actually in your favor according to match data mining. 5-carry has the least win % of compositions. 4-supp has the highest.
    A lot of disables and stuns with just enough DPS should technically win the game over the whole 45 to 60 min, compared to anything else.

I think we had 2 sheepsticks in that game, with another one in the pipeline but wasn't finished.

The game really should've been finished 15 min prior to the end... lol. Too much farming and not enough pushing on the part of our team lolz.
    Last edited by rockman29; 29-11-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Lolno I'd never build deadlus on clock. Also my name would show on dotabuff.
    Steam

Ah OK I thought it was you :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    A lot of disables and stuns with just enough DPS should technically win the game over the whole 45 to 60 min, compared to anything else.

I think we had 2 sheepsticks in that game, with another one in the pipeline but wasn't finished.

The game really should've been finished 15 min prior to the end... lol. Too much farming and not enough pushing on the part of our team lolz.
    It doesn't need to be disables. Get 3 healers on the team, a couple of mana boots/rings, an earlygame strong carry like Naix or NightStalker and push. My favorite combo is Omni, Lookatitgo and Abbadon.
    Last edited by pakoito; 29-11-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Lookatitgo
    That line makes me laugh without fail. I'm laughing now.

ERRYBODY BUY THAT SET
    I'm fairly sure it's gonna turn Immortal
    That set is awful and ugly, but it's funny if you think about Luna getting a new mount model. Nova.

Someone has made a way to (sort of) put a (mostly meaningless) metric on your recent performance. I have no idea how they measure such things, but it's probably magic.

http://mydotaskill.com/

• Beginner < 20
    • Copper > 20
    • Bronze > 100
    • Silver > 200
    • Gold > 400
    • Platinum > 600
    • Emerald > 800
    • Pro > 1000
    • Jadeite > 1300
    • Mithril > 1500
    The queue may take up to a day to process your profile, but it eventually goes through. I got a Gold score, though, so its accuracy may be in question. If nothing else, it's a fun way to justify feeling better than whoever fed in your last match. I kid.

Player number 40416215 DSR is: 617

This player has a Platinum DSR score (top 5%).

This is what it said about me.
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

This webpage is not available
    This is what it says about me.

Also.
    Last edited by starmatt; 05-12-2013 at 10:09 AM.
    Steam

Yeah, I wouldn't bet my life on its accuracy. It says I'm a handful of points from platinum, but I know most of you guys have more comprehensive dota skills from more games/years played. Regardless of its accuracy, I have to assume he's keeping his methods private so no one else can capitalize on them.

In a game that seems to go out of its way to keep us at a ~50% win rate, though, it can be hard to get perspective on how one's skill is progressing. :\ In that sense, I actually like those stat-tracking/ranking features. Being able to point at how you used to play, then comparing that to the present... It's constructive, but it's also really satisfying. It's just the people who become stat whores or bracket snobs that give the systems a bad rep. I have to assume Valve is keeping their rating methods private in an attempt to keep the player base from unfairly discriminating.

I have an emerald rating; top 1% of players.

...and last night I played my 50th game ever of DOTA ;-)
    So! I guess there are a few wrinkles to work out of the system yet.

But I saw this as an opportunity to ask: are there many in the RPS guild who are similarly new to the game? I often find myself wanting to look for party members, then scanning the folks in the RPS guild and finding profiles with daunting games-played counts.

Even though I have been "playing" Dota 2 for a year now, the first six months' time was almost exclusively co-op vs bots. Yeah, yeah, I know... but it was fun with friends.

Anyway, I just lost my 100th game today. So, that's ... something. Give it another few games and I might even win my 100th. That may be a difference of ~150 total matches played betweeen us, but compared to lots of other RPSers, that means we're both still relatively new.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ranked matchmakng is on its way.

About godamn time.

Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    ..., but compared to lots of other RPSers, that means we're both still relatively new.
    Absolutely. I go by "field_studies". If anyone's looking for a teammate in the ~0-200 games played experience level, hit me up :-)

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Ranked matchmakng is on its way.
    About godamn time.
    So aside from the satisfaction of getting to see your rating, is this anticipated to have any effect on the actual quality of the matchmaking?

It probably won't. But if it does, I'll be happy. Not holding my breath. Trying to just play with RPS Dota Chums now anyway. Had one game I played not so stellar, and two good games, was a good day today for Dota

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by field_studies View Post
    So aside from the satisfaction of getting to see your rating, is this anticipated to have any effect on the actual quality of the matchmaking?
    This being Valve I have no doubt there will be an option to hide rating completely. Otherwise only your friends can see it. Ranked mm is entirely seperate from normal mm. Your normal mm rating does not affect your ranked performance.

And while I seem to be in the minority with this opinion in the RPS forum, dota 2 is a competitive game. An objective rating system which tracks specific data is a proven way of improving because you know which areas need working on. I'm aware that there are probably several ways of interpreting the data Valve will be tracking but using your play style as a filter is always a good way to personally do it.

I have no doubt that Valve will also find an effective wrapper for ranked mm.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    Someone has made a way to (sort of) put a (mostly meaningless) metric on your recent performance. I have no idea how they measure such things, but it's probably magic.

http://mydotaskill.com/

The queue may take up to a day to process your profile, but it eventually goes through. I got a Gold score, though, so its accuracy may be in question. If nothing else, it's a fun way to justify feeling better than whoever fed in your last match. I kid.

I'm completely horseshit at the game so I have to question a system where I'm apparently in the top 25% of players but my co-worker with a months experience, 40% win ratio and 95% of his games played as Riki ranks higher.

The website is down now after the creator accidentally leaked admin credentials for the website but it was a fun experiment and probably has something to do with Valve's announcement regarding Ranked Matchmaking.

It'll be good to have a way to separate those 2AM, slightly drunk games where I play what I feel like and the ones where I tryhard to cover up my pathetic lack of skill.
    I'll Sproink you out m8