Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1329
  1. #921
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSoup View Post
    I'm completely horseshit at the game so I have to question a system where I'm apparently in the top 25% of players but my co-worker with a months experience, 40% win ratio and 95% of his games played as Riki ranks higher.

    The website is down now after the creator accidentally leaked admin credentials for the website but it was a fun experiment and probably has something to do with Valve's announcement regarding Ranked Matchmaking.

    It'll be good to have a way to separate those 2AM, slightly drunk games where I play what I feel like and the ones where I tryhard to cover up my pathetic lack of skill.
    Until the scoring system gives a full breakdown of what points I'm dropping and where I don't believe it anyway, I scored like 600 and something but theres people I know I'm better than and have proven it multiple times who I have half their score. I also have half the score of the most selfish player I know in DotA so tbh, I'm calling rubbish. Plus its in beta, the weighting of scoring could be well off.

  2. #922
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,533
    I have experience since 2004 with Dota and my rating is 373, so yea it's kind of BS haha, most I've not played is maybe a few months at a time.

    Keep in mind a bad team can drag your points down, or an uncooperative team, or just a plain stupid team. I've play a lot of single person into random games.

  3. #923
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bradistan
    Posts
    98
    my dota skill has jumped from 200 and odd (silver) to 900 (emerald) in a few days which apparently makes me better than DenieD.

    This is of course a load of bull but I'm going to rub it in anyway at every possible opportunity.
    I'll Sproink you out m8

  4. #924
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSoup View Post
    my dota skill has jumped from 200 and odd (silver) to 900 (emerald) in a few days which apparently makes me better than DenieD.

    This is of course a load of bull but I'm going to rub it in anyway at every possible opportunity.

    After playing that puck game last night where we won and I thought I was ok.... I've took a dive to the heady heights of the 100's... I'm wondering if it just randomly generates numbers now

    11/6/36 shouldn't drop you down by 500 points :'(

    (I'm wondering if it just back processed the 25 hours marathon gaming test I did with Oshid the other day... worst dota of my life! And its happening again in a couple of weeks lol).

    Shameless link to charity gaming session donation page! - http://www.justgiving.com/marathongaming/

    Might make a proper post about it later if I don't get too much hate

  5. #925
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bradistan
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    After playing that puck game last night where we won and I thought I was ok.... I've took a dive to the heady heights of the 100's... I'm wondering if it just randomly generates numbers now

    11/6/36 shouldn't drop you down by 500 points :'(

    (I'm wondering if it just back processed the 25 hours marathon gaming test I did with Oshid the other day... worst dota of my life! And its happening again in a couple of weeks lol).

    Shameless link to charity gaming session donation page! - http://www.justgiving.com/marathongaming/

    Might make a proper post about it later if I don't get too much hate
    190 seems to be some bugged number that some people get. I checked a couple of my friends and they had randomly dropped to 190 for no reason.

    If you're doing the marathon on a weekend invite me... and it's for charity so you can't complain when I play support morphling!

    I'll send in a donation too.
    Last edited by SpecialSoup; 10-12-2013 at 01:06 PM.
    I'll Sproink you out m8

  6. #926
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSoup View Post
    190 seems to be some bugged number that some people get. I checked a couple of my friends and they had randomly dropped to 190 for no reason.

    If you're doing the marathon on a weekend invite me... and it's for charity so you can't complain when I play support morphling!

    I'll send in a donation too.

    It's Saturday 21/12/2013, your welcome to play along :P Support Morphling.... I'll allow it for one game since you are doing the donation lol, other than that I still get to complain Seriously though, I'm going to curb my "OMG DONT DO THAT YOU IDIOT!" screaming for this... its gonna be hard if your on Morph :P

    Oh and btw your blackholes last night were awesome (all apart from the late one at Rosh) but yeh... we won that largely because of them I think.

  7. #927
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bradistan
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    It's Saturday 21/12/2013, your welcome to play along :P Support Morphling.... I'll allow it for one game since you are doing the donation lol, other than that I still get to complain Seriously though, I'm going to curb my "OMG DONT DO THAT YOU IDIOT!" screaming for this... its gonna be hard if your on Morph :P

    Oh and btw your blackholes last night were awesome (all apart from the late one at Rosh) but yeh... we won that largely because of them I think.
    I'm not sure I can play 24 hours of dota (presuming it will be mostly dota) without some ridiculous strats. Support anti-mage here we come...

    I think a lot of the black holes came down to the blink Puck / Ursa holding the team in place so I could just BKB and walk in. It made my life a lot easier than having to initiate on 5 people + tons of illusions with a 4 second BKB while march of the machines is up (I really got screwed over if I got hit by March of the machines late on as I had to BKB to ignore it and by the time my blink was on cooldown the BKB had almost wore off)

    After a while it will probably come down to instapicking alchemist every game so I can play any role without too much thought.
    I'll Sproink you out m8

  8. #928
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSoup View Post
    I'm not sure I can play 24 hours of dota (presuming it will be mostly dota) without some ridiculous strats. Support anti-mage here we come...

    I think a lot of the black holes came down to the blink Puck / Ursa holding the team in place so I could just BKB and walk in. It made my life a lot easier than having to initiate on 5 people + tons of illusions with a 4 second BKB while march of the machines is up (I really got screwed over if I got hit by March of the machines late on as I had to BKB to ignore it and by the time my blink was on cooldown the BKB had almost wore off)

    After a while it will probably come down to instapicking alchemist every game so I can play any role without too much thought.

    Lol yeh I had the same issue in one fight where I took a stray robot from the march and was like... "great, walking in with puck here we go" (I'd already used my orb and it had a few seconds of CD but they had initiated on Spirit Breaker mid).

    It's going to be like 99% dota2, convincing Oshid to do anything else is proving impossible.

  9. #929
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bradistan
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    Lol yeh I had the same issue in one fight where I took a stray robot from the march and was like... "great, walking in with puck here we go" (I'd already used my orb and it had a few seconds of CD but they had initiated on Spirit Breaker mid).

    It's going to be like 99% dota2, convincing Oshid to do anything else is proving impossible.
    so we don't get to play Football manager 2014 and Euro truck simulator...
    I'll Sproink you out m8

  10. #930
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSoup View Post
    so we don't get to play Football manager 2014 and Euro truck simulator...
    Sure you do :P We'll play awesomenauts while you do


    Couple of strats I want to try if we can:

    1-1-1 with 2 roamers (Clock offlane, DP mid, SkeleKing + Wisp jungle (wisp starts on lane for a level til they are ready to get ganky), Naix or Alche safe lane).

    It's a bit light on the range but theres alot of stun and dmg and gank in that lot. Me and shafteh tried out the Wisp SK thing, we got it down, its pretty brutal.

  11. #931
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bradistan
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    Sure you do :P We'll play awesomenauts while you do


    Couple of strats I want to try if we can:

    1-1-1 with 2 roamers (Clock offlane, DP mid, SkeleKing + Wisp jungle (wisp starts on lane for a level til they are ready to get ganky), Naix or Alche safe lane).

    It's a bit light on the range but theres alot of stun and dmg and gank in that lot. Me and shafteh tried out the Wisp SK thing, we got it down, its pretty brutal.
    It helps when Skeleton King is in the game...
    I'll Sproink you out m8

  12. #932
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSoup View Post
    It helps when Skeleton King is in the game...
    Why not just use the more stable and stronger Chaos Knight?

    Plus, Chaos Knight has a pseudo blink that automatically puts the enemy into Wisp Tether.

  13. #933
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by fenghuang View Post
    Why not just use the more stable and stronger Chaos Knight?

    Plus, Chaos Knight has a pseudo blink that automatically puts the enemy into Wisp Tether.
    The point of the strat is Skeleking is your offcarry and sits in the jungle between ganks getting fat CK cant jungle as hes got a sweet spot for mud golemns (bloody mud golemn sympathiser!).

  14. #934
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8
    I can't see that strat working too well. Two heroes in the jungle would take too long to get to level 6 which you will need for at least Io to start ganking.

    It would be better to just have a solo jungler and put SK and Io in lane as then there is more farm and exp available, while also going for early hero kills if they over extend or the jungler comes in for a gank.

  15. #935
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTon View Post
    I can't see that strat working too well. Two heroes in the jungle would take too long to get to level 6 which you will need for at least Io to start ganking.

    It would be better to just have a solo jungler and put SK and Io in lane as then there is more farm and exp available, while also going for early hero kills if they over extend or the jungler comes in for a gank.

    SK starts jungle with aura and gets lvl 2 while Wisp helps the safe lane and doesn't take any XP from SK, Wisp harasses a bit (any dmg coming back from the harass is ok cos wisp is abouts to heal it).

    Wisp then backs off, goes to SK as he hits lvl 2, heals up with a tango giving tether and hp to skele king. If SK isnt quite 2 they can take a camp together. Then they gank, at that point you just roam and gank, you don't need to farm a lane at any time but you can and Wisp can go do other things.

  16. #936

  17. #937
    Network Hub grasskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    440
    well done well done chap

  18. #938
    Network Hub starmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    166
    This one made me shiver.
    Steam

  19. #939
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    456
    Made me laugh... alot

    Love the children's story styling.

  20. #940
    Obscure Node Shockeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    I also have half the score of the most selfish player I know in DotA so tbh, I'm calling rubbish.
    That's a really unpleasant thing to say about me DenieD.

    (I don't think it's me, but I couldn't resist.)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •