Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    ...Didn't realize my hero last game was named Cacodemon, was some extra fun now afterwards

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeh View Post
    That's a really unpleasant thing to say about me DenieD.

(I don't think it's me, but I couldn't resist.)
    Lol nah not you, I call you a troll not selfish

And according to my score I'm about 1/20th as good as you so :P

Everyone is still better than me
    The website refuses to process me, that's how much I suck.
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:
    "By ignorance the truth is known" -Henry Suso

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Wraith-Night, NG+++, round 4. I have seen it. I have experienced it. It took 173 minutes getting there, but jeez. JEEZ. Team composition - WD, TA, WR, Axe, Omni. The power of team-work!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

WR OP volvo nerf pls
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/447309147

Best game in weeks. Slark took an early lead and was untouchable for the first 20 minutes or so and they were taking towers like crazy. Our only hope was getting enough farm on me (AM), which meant stalling with half a rax in two lanes. Somehow the team managed to take enough 4v5's to get me a manta, from there it was snowball city. Then we lost a fight, they took bot rax completely and were pushing mid back. Magnus got a 3-man RP, comboed with AM cleave and mana void, and that was it.

What I meant to say with that garbled mess of words was that it was really fun and tense
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Haha slark dagon.
    Steam

Yeah, that kind of won us the game
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

ah yes its always nice to have those games where no one bothers to buy a courier. followed right after a game where i buy courier and rubick buys another one then proceeds to complain rest of game how he is dragged down by his team, while also being the biggest feeder.
    at least mute option keeps my sanity intact.
    Last edited by grasskit; 06-01-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by grasskit View Post
    ah yes its always nice to have those games where no one bothers to buy a courier. followed right after a game where i buy courier and rubick buys another one then proceeds to complain rest of game how he is dragged down by his team, while also being the biggest feeder.
    at least mute option keeps my sanity intact.

In a ranked match the other day I had a guy claim the captain in the team instantly then forget he was captain and random 3 of our 5 heroes... Safe to say my solo offlane Void didn't go that well, sad to say I was about the most useful person on the team and nearly got a positive score...

Obscure Node
    I had a random draft game this weekend where our teams 1st pick was a wisp.
    At level 6 they began proceeding to tether tp anyone near him to the other teams fountain.
    Needless to say we lost.

Just played All Pick for the first time in a long while. It looked pretty bad at first with Tusk/Visage top, Ember Spirit mid, Doom jungling bottom and me going solo safe lane Earthshaker against a dire tri-lane, but maybe that shows my ignorance of AP. Many thanks to our Tusk, who was balling out of control. Even if no one communicated for picks and I had to default to being a 5 position, it worked out pretty well.

So, I was 3/4 through my final team matchmaking game and some toolbag DDoSed Steam. We rejoined, but only 3 of us got back in and no stats were recorded. Thanks a lot, jerk.

Here's hoping my replacement 10th goes as well.

Network Hub
    I had 2 games of ranked team MMR, good games.

Game 1: I got to be a fat clockwork offlaner, got my Aghs nice and early and just went hunting the enemy Razor / Rubick on any lane they appeared That got us far enough in that our supports randomly started carrying really hard, Lina with Aghs and Blink could 1 shot Rubick whenever she felt like it which was funny, Carry Maiden grabbed a shadow blade cos she found herself flush with gold and used it to annialate them a few times with the ulti. The enemy did a really good job kiting our LifeStealer + I managed to cogs him out of a couple of fights (oops) which made it a tighter game than it should have been but we won convincingly.

Game 2: I was playing a Witch Doc as the only support, the enemy had gone a super aggressive push heavy team (no carries, full on push), it was working well and they took our T1's with little effort but we really dug in and defended the T2's, they got 2 of them down but we defended both of them 2 towers about 3 times wiping them (or almost wiping them) on each attempt, our Gyro was dropping some clutch Ultimates and I would just sit channelling my ulti at the back while Pudge picked off something Squishy and Weaver would pop around the back of them and mop up any runners, at that point it started swinging in our favour, once gyro had life steal and BKB they got him solo (naga net through BKB) but they couldn't dmg him while his bkb was on and he solo killed 4 of them, which was all he needed to get his MKB and we pushed to victory.

That got me my MMR rating which is way higher than I expected, I'd lost alot of my matches so it just shows it goes off how you play as well as wins and losses which is nice

Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    That got me my MMR rating which is way higher than I expected, I'd lost alot of my matches so it just shows it goes off how you play as well as wins and losses which is nice
    Well, that's good. Or scary. Guess I'll find out when I replay my #10, as I don't have a solo score yet to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    Well, that's good. Or scary. Guess I'll find out when I replay my #10, as I don't have a solo score yet to compare.
    Well, you don't have to fear those calibration games, since they don't change your rating all too much. You already had a rating before, it just wasn't shown to you. It's more of a confirmation kind, rather then the sole point of information for your ranking.

That said, I also have no clue what my rating actually is and I also normally don't play ranked games, since I prefer to play sd and rd. I only had four ranked games so far, all of them 5-stacks with RPS players, so they were at least fun and we could play cd, which is better than ap imo and the fact that you can communicate with your teammates is way better than relying on your random teammates. So I guess it could take me some time until I get to know where I am actually standing.
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

I think it also helps your rating a lot if you prefer to play supports. For my 10 warm up matches I played support for about 7 or 8 of them, and I got a rating that is higher than I expected honestly.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirbelwurm View Post
    Well, you don't have to fear those calibration games, since they don't change your rating all too much. You already had a rating before, it just wasn't shown to you. It's more of a confirmation kind, rather then the sole point of information for your ranking.

That said, I also have no clue what my rating actually is and I also normally don't play ranked games, since I prefer to play sd and rd. I only had four ranked games so far, all of them 5-stacks with RPS players, so they were at least fun and we could play cd, which is better than ap imo and the fact that you can communicate with your teammates is way better than relying on your random teammates. So I guess it could take me some time until I get to know where I am actually standing.
    You have a preset MMR when you start with an area of uncertainty and the calibration matches decide where you lie along that uncertainty number.

When you could see your MMR with a console command I had 3000 MMR with 600 uncertainty after 2 matches and I went on to win 8/10 and it moved me up to 3300 so it seems to work pretty well.

Captains draft is a lot of fun, i've been the captain in about 60% of mine and it's a cool challenge to work out a strategy from the heroes you have available. Normally I'll go for the push strat whenever it's possible with heroes like Death Prophet / Chen / Pugna / Lone Druid, pub teams tend to fall apart pretty fast and start picking scapegoats when they lose all their outer towers in the first 20 mins.
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Network Hub
    When people speak of "Rating i expected", what kinda numbers we talking here? 2k 3k 4k 5k?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    When people speak of "Rating i expected", what kinda numbers we talking here? 2k 3k 4k 5k?
    Well I was thinking I might end up mid 4k's judging by other peoples but then I had TERRRRRIBLE MMR placing games, not even just loses but some I played terrible so I was expecting low 2k's, it came out at very high 3k's nearly 4k's so I'm really happy with that, I think its been a bit generous but maybe I had a high hidden MMR in the first place :S