Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1356
    http://dotabuff.com/players/93087937/heroes
    Invo is my most played by miles, even though I haven't good a very good winrate. (I usually feel like blaming my team for that but then who doesn't :P)

All in all, I suck.
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:
    "By ignorance the truth is known" -Henry Suso

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    I've been playing Dota since it came out, and I still can't even play Invoker... so that's pretty impressive anyway.

I don't even want to try. Too much effort to learn him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyhx View Post
    http://dotabuff.com/players/93087937/heroes
    Invo is my most played by miles, even though I haven't good a very good winrate. (I usually feel like blaming my team for that but then who doesn't :P)

All in all, I suck.
    Pfft, you're fine. In fact, seeing that makes me feel better, as I'm finally a significant number of games in the red. (something like 117 - 127)

Invoker is one of those heroes I think I'd enjoy learning, but never get around to it. I was pretty good at Magicka back in the day, to the point where people in PvP would cry hax, but was total crap upon loading it up the other month. Spamming spell combos efficiently takes a lot of muscle memory, and it is a perishable skill.

Network Hub
    I was looking at a 1v1 tourni for a laugh the other day (a guy in our team was running it but it was full by the time I'd responded to his invite ). Anyway its mirrored heroes and people were using Invoker alot because even seasoned players of the game don't have a grasp on Invoker, its just a "you play this guy" or "you don't play this guy" type of hero.

Since then I've put a bit of effort into learning his 1v1 mid play, I get flustered if I need a fast invoke though (thankfully 1v1 he rarely does).

Network Hub
    I'm learning solo offlane quas wex invoker and so far it's been fun. My win rate is pretty horrific with him though.

It's much easier than mid invoker and the combinations are very effective early game and easy to use - typically tornado > emp > cold snap.
    I struggle massively once the game hits the 20 minute mark and EMP / cold snap start to fade off. Typically at this point I won't have more than a couple of points in exort and only 4-5 useful spells. It's not until around lvl 16 that I'll have 4 points in exort which is enough to use the full range of spells effectively and by this point my contribution to the game has fallen off significantly.

Getting an aghanims with this build does feel amazing. Chuck an EMP into the middle of your combo and you're never going to run out of mana.
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Never understood why people are so "Omg don't touch invo unless you're InternationalPROHax player".

For a new player it might not be the simplest kit, but just learn few useful spells to use fast (simple cold snap and deafening blast is useful), and with Quas he doesn't get shoved out of lane as easy as most others (i see so many new players lack in regen and survival stats. Invoker with 3 Quas has tremendous hp regen compared to most).

Sure you may not remember invis fast enough and such but eh, if you're not good, being a batrider that never gets blink dagger farmed ain't going to be that great either.

Network Hub
    Never underestimate how much a maxed out EMP does to a str char... Tide, WraithKing, EarthShaker... tonnes of problems if your initiating a team fight and they can't rely on their spells.

BTW Soup, need a word tonight; you likely to be around in about 90 mins? (18:00 ish)

I've started leaning towards exort-invoker lately. Quas-wex is strong if you're forced into laning, but he still shines mid and quas-exort just gives riduculous damage potential. Forge spirits hit like trucks early on once you get deafening blast and meatball teamfighting gets scary. BoT's are a requirement though, otherwise you're just too slow for too long.
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Invoker scares me, as he requires learning. See also: all heroes with any form of micro.

On an unrelated note, I think this is the easiest experience of my life to date. Solo offlane medusa. Solo. Offlane. Medusa.
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/471672968

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Invoker scares me, as he requires learning. See also: all heroes with any form of micro.

On an unrelated note, I think this is the easiest experience of my life to date. Solo offlane medusa. Solo. Offlane. Medusa.
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/471672968

Those storm spirit / anti mage builds are amazing

I used to think micro in Dota was hard, then I gave Protoss a shot and realised I was crying about nothing.

Once you learn your control groups it's more about reactions and positioning and a lot of chopping your fingers off trying to select the right control group to stun that clinkz that is massacring your team but all you are doing is throwing satyr orbs at him and accidentally sending your centaur back to base.
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSoup View Post
    Those storm spirit / anti mage builds are amazing

I used to think micro in Dota was hard, then I gave Protoss a shot and realised I was crying about nothing.

Once you learn your control groups it's more about reactions and positioning and a lot of chopping your fingers off trying to select the right control group to stun that clinkz that is massacring your team but all you are doing is throwing satyr orbs at him and accidentally sending your centaur back to base.
    Or not realising you accidentally left meepo number 3 in the ancient camp.
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Network Hub
    I'm quite happy with 1 hero and maybe if necessary a necronomicon... And I'll fire and forget them little tykes too most likely

That said I like enchantress but thats more cos I can tab her minions.

You can tab all units you control
    Goes for druid, meepo, Chen, beast, enigma and so on
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyhx View Post
    You can tab all units you control
    Goes for druid, meepo, Chen, beast, enigma and so on
    Yeh but tabbing anything more than 2 units usually ends up with me getting everything killed. Enigma isn't to bad as if they die I don't really care and their usually used for Jungle / Tower pushes and I can just click each one and micro it that way. Lone Druid I just end up getting my main hero in stupid situations while I flounder about on the keys and... well its a no, I just wasn't designed to Micro.

Practice makes perfect. I need a lot of practice.

On the Invoker discussion:http://dotabuff.com/matches/475973255. This match could't have gone much better in a pub with randoms. Mid vs sniper is an Invoker's dream, lot's of earlygame squishies for forge spirits and sunstrikes, snowball away. Couple stupid deaths but hey
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Network Hub
    I got drafted into that tourni I was on about (1v1 mid) as a replacement for a forfeit; meaning I started in the losers bracket and it was either, win every match or go out.

Won the first match I played 2/1, realistically should have been 2/0 but I did the most rediculously stupid thing. Anyway, match up was:

Game 1 - Windrunner vs Windrunner (my pick), dominated the early game then took a tower, later got a DD; skillshot a shackle from a creep to the enemy WR and ulti'd her... got her to low hp when she windrun off and I managed to chase with my own WR JUST getting in the 3 hits needed before his shackle hit me to make good his escape.

Game 2 - QoP vs QoP (his pick), started badly but brought it back to my favour, didn't realise just how much so made a desperation play and dived her tower... stupidly had called my courier too so lost the courier and then in the heat of the moment made another bad choice and died with blink on cd... doh.

Game 3 - SFiend vs SFiend (all 3rd games are)... Got an early game last hit / deny advantage, no coming back from that in an SF vs SF game... took a Haste rune top and as I did it respawned as an Invis rune... Ran in invis, stood on top of him and then Q... auto attack x2 and W... winner

Next round I drew a really good player I'm fairly surprised was in the losers brackets in the first place:

Game 1 - Tiny vs Tiny (my choice), went with it on an outside bet he couldn't play Tiny judging by his Dotabuff, sadly proved wrong, got him down to about 50 hp but he had a DD and took my 2nd tower for the win first.

Game 2 - Invoker vs Invoker (his choice)... my invoker... not great lol. I realised after the game that with Q and E I can make forge spirits, who'd have thought!

Did my first captaining yesterday. Removed mirana, got my supports, decided we were going to get clockwerk on the offlane, then banned him by mistake >_>

Fortunately they'd left bristleback so it all worked out <_<

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Did my first captaining yesterday. Removed mirana, got my supports, decided we were going to get clockwerk on the offlane, then banned him by mistake >_>

Fortunately they'd left bristleback so it all worked out <_<
    Done that a few times before... think everyone does that lol. I imagine Puppeh has some choice anecdotes about that :P

The captain in my game yesterday accidentally picked a hero by accident, then disconnected and missed a ban before he reconnected. Somehow, our draft was still decent and Slark snowballed us to a <30min victory. It was nice to have a team that didn't feel in competent, which led to less frustration and better play for all. It seems like modes like CM make more of a difference than whether or not the game is ranked.

Hi guys, I am very new to the game having played around 20 or so games. Mostly as Lich, but I have started the A-Z challenge to at least become familiar with all the heroes.

I'd love the chance to play with others in a group - having only played on my own so far. What do I need to do? Just I jump on Mumble?