Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1356
    Network Hub
    Good news everybody! I've rekindled my love affair with Timbersaw (get it, kindle... timbersaw... oh I give up). Anyway, me and him had a falling out until last night when we hugged and made up over a game of Dota (the best type of hugs!).

http://dotabuff.com/matches/537641673

I got overly confident a few times near the end but I was basically taking everything they had to kill me so meh... I die and it means my team can walk through their base unhindered

P.S. In other news do not solo lane DK vs Timbersaw with a low hp sack of gold... I mean Axe in the jungle beside him, them two were easy money.

I like Timber a lot, too. After Bloodstone, what order did you build the rest in? Shiva's > BKB > HoT > BoT?
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 25-02-2014 at 06:42 PM.

last night played first invoker game (had couple practice bot matches beforehand). what seemed like really intimidating hero is turning out to be extremely fun hero as well. orb combos aren't really difficult to learn at all, 30min of practice in invokergame.com and wtf mode and they're memorized easily. real difficulty comes with using the right combo at right moment or planing/queuing up the right spells just before you need em. hit at least 3 sunstrikes, (1 just before enemy reached fountain) so my map awareness aint too bad for playing qe invoker.
    orb switching for stat gain at the right moment when laning etc. shouldnt be underestimated. extra regen with quas orbs saved me so many times from dying.
    overall i think ill be playing this hero a lot, plus at my level i dont see it played that often, which can be an advantage.

also offering rewards have been given out, for ~10 common duplicates i had and some chests i received rare cthulu face-mask for void and rare spiderling for broodmother.
    Last edited by grasskit; 26-02-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    I like Timber a lot, too. After Bloodstone, what order did you build the rest in? Shiva's > BKB > HoT > BoT?
    I do the following on timber:

-Rush arcane boots asap.

-Buy all the bits for Bloodstone other than the arcane orb then dissassemble arcanes and use the arcane orb in your bloodstone, use brown boots, you now have free access to Timberchain to make up for the 5 move speed you drop from arcanes :P

-BoT's as soon as you can get the recipe, you can freely spam spells with the 8 charges on Bloodstone (well almost anyway), drop a few waves of creeps plus some of their jungle, you'll easily have enough. If for whatever reason your really struggling to get the BoT's save them for next time you get some cash. The BoT's are great for your first death with Bloodstone, you should have them by then and if you can instantly tp back into the middle of a team fight and clean up you will make alot of your charges back and generally turn the tide (If you die that is... your timbersaw, I'm surprised they even bothered to animate his death :P).

-BKB next if you need it, I did in that game Mirana DK and Invoker were too annoying to not warrant it.

-Shiva's, if they don't have the lock down and they have a carry coming online this should be prioritised over the BKB, basically BKB is for if they have alot of magic dmg or lock down (Timber isn't big on the whole magic dmg absorbing thing) where as Shiva's is a nice bit of offensive capability plus it makes you all but immune to right click dmg but its real thing is that if your in range of their carry you reduce their attack speed alot, it effectively makes your team tankier in that respect (well, last longer not tankier per ce).

Now you have to stop and think, do you need to add more CC to your team and pick up a sheep stick? Do you need to be neigh on unkillable and pick up a heart? Is there anything you can do that counters someone, i.e. get a Gem or something? (TBH if they have a Riki or something I'd pick up the Gem before this as his smoke cloud is a PITA).

Also worth noting that BKB counters you hard, if they start getting them prioritise other people in fights til the BKB drops or bait it out, let your team know this, your literally useless to a BKB.

I like your Mek pick up btw, not sure when I'd squeeze it in my build but Mek on a mobile hero with no mana issues is always very nice.

If you do the Bloodstone from Arcanes trick you can get the Bloodstone up really early, mine was up at 14 mins, BoT's up in 16 mins in that game.

It feels really dumb to admit this, but I never thought about disassembling my Arcanes to finish the Bloodstone. That'll certainly help speed things up next time. Thanks for the input.

Network Hub
    It feels really dumb to admit this, but I never thought about disassembling my Arcanes to finish the Bloodstone. That'll certainly help speed things up next time. Thanks for the input.
    NP, its a giantly awesome thing Also once you have a Bloodstone you really don't need them arcanes.

Right. It makes so much sense that it hurts. Dota seems full of those moments.

I caught a game with four other RPSers yesterday, but I feel my recent 4-win day was our demise. (matchmaking inevitably strikes a balance!) Why? We were placed against an extremely coordinated group of clanmates. Their Magnus never missed an RP and their Void was the most patient one I've ever seen. He waited for the perfect moment to sphere, and we had nothing to answer their combo with. But hey... I think it had more to do with them playing extremely well together than us playing particularly badly. We simply got outplayed, and they deserved a win. My only gripe is that they fountain farmed for the last 6-7 minutes of the game, and it was completely unnecessary.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 26-02-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Network Hub
    Right. It makes so much sense that it hurts. Dota seems full of those moments.

I caught a game with four other RPSers yesterday, but I feel my recent 4-win day was our demise. (matchmaking inevitably strikes a balance!) Why? We were placed against an extremely coordinated group of clanmates. Their Magnus never missed an RP and their Void was the most patient one I've ever seen. He waited for the perfect moment to sphere, and we had nothing to answer their combo with. But hey... I think it had more to do with them playing extremely well together than us playing particularly badly. We simply got outplayed, and they deserved a win. My only gripe is that they fountain farmed for the last 6-7 minutes of the game, and it was completely unnecessary.

Fountain farming really sucks, I only do it when the enemy keep coming out to stop us attacking their buildings as a "get back in your fountain and stop prolonging this thing" or if they have been abusive trolls.

So far my go to counter to void has been a support with a Euls or a Bane Elemental, but yeh Magnus Void.... ouch.

Activated Node

Walk softly and carry a big totem

I've been playing two matches with Earthshaker recently and begun to really like that hero. Something about being able to support with only boots/wand while still being able to make a lot of stuff happen once you get your blink dagger, i guess.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/540102382
    Having both an Undying's Tombstone and Terrorblade's illusions in the last game might have helped a bit
    Mistakes were made in drafting and the early game, but it all worked out in the end.

Anyone got some thoughts on the hero?
    Blink+Arcane into Shiva's/Hearth/Pipe/Forcestaff/BKB seems to be the most sensible path to me (+Wards, etc.)

Network Hub
    I rarely play ES but when I do I usually play with:

Arcanes+Blink then if I'm getting rich go for Aghs and Veil of Discord, then if I have even more gold Refresher. I can see how your build would be good though Something worth doing at least once btw if you get early blink through lane dominance is pick up a daedalus, so funny to see ES enchant totem then just make someone explode.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/541390608

Holy shit what a game. We were ahead the entire match on kills, but they took a lot of early towers and sniper got pretty fed.
    We managed to get back in (dp took some towers while were were distracting) and then managed to get mid rax. However their sand king had been entirely on point with all his stuff the entire match, and kept screwing us over to the point were we couldn't kill razor for 20 minutes. In the end we finally managed to force staff sheep him, and then they had nothing.

On a sidenote, anyone have ideas what to go for on Invoker in the really late game? After I finish scepter and hex I never know what to get. I started skadi as a troll item cause I didn't think I'd be able to finish it, but I still had around 2.5k at the end of the match. Crit maybe?
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:
    "By ignorance the truth is known" -Henry Suso

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Ask Merre, pro Invoker if I ever saw one.

Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    Ask Merre, pro Invoker if I ever saw one.
    I've got him on my friends lis, I'll try and remember next time. Recently found out we're both Belgian
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:
    "By ignorance the truth is known" -Henry Suso

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyhx View Post
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/541390608

Holy shit what a game. We were ahead the entire match on kills, but they took a lot of early towers and sniper got pretty fed.
    We managed to get back in (dp took some towers while were were distracting) and then managed to get mid rax. However their sand king had been entirely on point with all his stuff the entire match, and kept screwing us over to the point were we couldn't kill razor for 20 minutes. In the end we finally managed to force staff sheep him, and then they had nothing.

On a sidenote, anyone have ideas what to go for on Invoker in the really late game? After I finish scepter and hex I never know what to get. I started skadi as a troll item cause I didn't think I'd be able to finish it, but I still had around 2.5k at the end of the match. Crit maybe?
    Necro 3 is fun. Alacrity on the melee creep is dirty.

I've seen people go Skadi before though. Linkens is also a nice pickup.
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    I rarely play ES but when I do I usually play with:

Arcanes+Blink then if I'm getting rich go for Aghs and Veil of Discord, then if I have even more gold Refresher. I can see how your build would be good though Something worth doing at least once btw if you get early blink through lane dominance is pick up a daedalus, so funny to see ES enchant totem then just make someone explode.
    I'm not amazing, but EShaker is in my top 3 and that's usually what I build. Being in range to cast the Veil debuff without making them wary of a blink+ult seems awkward, though. It lasts 25 seconds, so... maybe do it early, then back off? I think Veil should probably come before Aghs if your team has lots of magic damage. Otherwise, the Aghs buff is pretty amazing against illusions or a good creep & 4+ hero group.

Shivas can be good, but it requires some pretty pricey components. (namely the int item) With the recent Veil buff, I'd probably consider Shiva's a luxury.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 28-02-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Had a strange urge to play Tinker after a long long time. After an hour of ratting with Nature's Prophet, I can now safely say that I no longer have an urge to play him. Fun hero though, especially when you can get a double kill on middle when a bounty hunter appears to gank you with Kunkka. The few value points in march early on instead of leveling laser are invaluable.

Dotabuff link for those interested:
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/542880294

Activated Node
    Scepter and Veil sound like good pickups, I'll try to keep them in mind for ES.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I feel Veil overall is slightly underrater item.

Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    I feel Veil overall is slightly underrater item.
    On Earthshaker I'd probably go with Scepter instead of Veil, but with shift-queueing blink + veil + echo should be no problem, since items have instant casts as well as Echo Slam. On Sand King though Veil is a must.

Network Hub
    You just have to remember the veil isn't completely for you, your the initiator to a giant stun lock which does alot of dmg, if your team can follow up with any magic dmg then the veil is doing its job. It also makes you significantly tankier on the sly.

If its a stand off I like to veil people before the fight and initiate onto it later on, sometimes even instantly but more often than not I'll blink, ulti, veil, totem, fissure, smack someone, totem again. Fun times if you can get a refresher though