Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1391
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    What is this summer insanity?

Dreamhack, ESL, MLG and TI4 within four weeks of each other?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    What is this summer insanity?

Dreamhack, ESL, MLG and TI4 within four weeks of each other?
    Well I planned on watching ESL live... and TI4 live... and most of Dreamhack live (live as in streamed, not as in person... I wish). So I guess I'm busy around June-August.

Any word on Valve doing another Compendium? I miss that sweet, sweet xp boost. Between that and its other functionality, it was the best micro-transaction I've ever made.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 04-03-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    Any word on Valve doing another Compendium? I miss that sweet, sweet xp boost. Between that and its other functionality, it was the best micro-transaction I've ever made.
    There's one coming out asap for dreamleague
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Network Hub
    http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplaysdoto welcome to the future

so far luna has two stout shields, has created a courier train, managed 8 last hits in 40 minutes aaaand now they're stuck controlling a courier
    Last edited by SpecialSoup; 05-03-2014 at 11:40 AM.
    I'll Sproink you out m8

I'm pretty sure my last game is one of those where n0tail's "when the game goes full retard, you have to go with it" quote applies. My buddy and I got paired with a Peruano 3stack, and it was 1h3mins of trying to translate what the guy with the open mic was saying. It was ridiculous, intense, and a game that we had no business winning. In the end, though, it's one I'll never forget.

PS - I wish there was a counter for "tower healing," because I brought 3 or 4 towers (and our ancient) back from the brink.

Network Hub
    PS - I wish there was a counter for "tower healing," because I brought 3 or 4 towers (and our ancient) back from the brink.
    There kinda is, its not great but its a counter.... kill the tower outright and it can't be healed

Most ridiculous recent game I've seen is +Hunters vs Dog's Team in the bedlam tourni, game 3 it's 1-1 and match point for both teams, Dog's Team double rax +hunters at around the 28 minute mark, they then get the last T3 tower and ranged rax, leaving the only standing rax on half hp, between Visage familiars and Druids bear they burn that rax down to 1/4 hp left twice (it regenning naturally between attempts). Dog's Team at this point start losing the team fights to Luna and Doom, Drow on Dog's team is the epitome of a glass cannon (and I think that was more sugar glass than reinforced bullet proof glass) having built a Mask of Madness - at one point OD insta gibbed her with his ulti when he used it on someone else and clipped her by accident). Luna picks up a Divine and proceeds to hand them their arses. Game over while Mega Creeps can't beat the Luna Doom base rush.

Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    There kinda is, its not great but its a counter.... kill the tower outright and it can't be healed
    I guess I could have worded that better. I wish dotabuff counted the amount of tower healing performed.

That game sounds crazy, though. Honestly, we should have lost ours. The enemy had us down to a 1/4hp Ancient at one point before we pulled through.

Network Hub
    I guess I could have worded that better. I wish dotabuff counted the amount of tower healing performed.
    Ah I get you now sorry lol

Wow. If any relatively new players want to see how far they've come, try playing a match on an alternate account. Invisible cheese heroes dominate, people don't understand terms or how lanes work, and nobody responds to defend towers. As someone who'd never touched the genre until Dota 2, it's hilariously awful and encouraging at the same time. It's like when I first started and Drow seemed like an unstoppable killing machine.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Welcome to the i'm not shit anymore tier.

Now you're in the oh jeebus there's 10 sub-sets of the i'm not shit tier.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    This Starladder 9 ticket.

Worth its weight in gold.

Network Hub
    I present to you a "Trench" tier game casted by Purge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqKrn...VC9blj_wBkbo-g

I guess now I know why Russians and Peruvians are known to go for carries. If I had played someone other than Warlock, we might have won my first alt/trench game. When you're stuck in that kind of situation, you're either going to have to carry or hope your team right-clicks its way to victory.

The enemy BH was pretty freaked out by my sentry placement, so that was satisfying. Too bad Zeus and Sven insisted on going 3 to a lane until they abandoned. Oh well, that's what that account is for. No sense complaining about newbs in that tier.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 19-03-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Network Hub
    Well I got the Treasure of the Dire Arms last night... the new chest system is awesome!

No duplicates, and I got a full set for Naix + Wallpaper of the set from the chest

Lesser Hivemind Node
    People, seriously.

All of you need to get a Starladder 9 ticket. I don't know what it is about this series but all the teams are going great guns in the qualifiers. Best tourney i've seen yet since TI3. And its international finals are soon, the regional qualifiers are almost done.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Sta...eries/Season_9
    Last edited by khaz; 21-03-2014 at 05:16 AM.

So I did some Tinkering yesterday for the first time and by God do I panic when there's a lot of buttons involved. Every fight would go through this sequence of
    1: Turn hero into pig
    2: Laser a creep by mistake
    3: Partially re-arm but cancel too early
    4: sip from bottle
    5: Rearm properly
    6: Maintain pig status
    7: Laser a creep again

and so on until I died

Ended up being a 100% rat game as me and lycan kept the lanes pushed in for a full hour until we eventually chipped the rax down.

ENSURING NOBODY ELSE COULD HAVE FUN, MWUHAHAHA.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    So I did some Tinkering yesterday for the first time and by God do I panic when there's a lot of buttons involved. Every fight would go through this sequence of
    1: Turn hero into pig
    2: Laser a creep by mistake
    3: Partially re-arm but cancel too early
    4: sip from bottle
    5: Rearm properly
    6: Maintain pig status
    7: Laser a creep again

and so on until I died

Ended up being a 100% rat game as me and lycan kept the lanes pushed in for a full hour until we eventually chipped the rax down.

ENSURING NOBODY ELSE COULD HAVE FUN, MWUHAHAHA.

Lol sounds like my Tinkering...

bah all you need is marchofmachines-rearm-marchofmachines-BoT to fountain-rearm-BoT to lane- marchofmachines-rearm-marchofmachines repeat ad nauseam

I had a new longest game yesterday, clocking in at around 81 minutes.

We were Veno, AA, Alch, LC and EShaker (me) versus SF, SK, ET, Slark and Enchantress. It was RD, and our last guy probably shouldn't have picked AA. He ended up having a fairly high impact, numbers-wise, but I feel like a beefier hero (i.e., we don't need a 3rd magic damage hero) would have kept this from being such a long game. By the time 4 of the enemies had BKBs, all I could really do was blink in, ult, and die. My deaths skyrocketed after that. It was also my highest assist (with 44) and deaths (15). LC died in nearly every second half teamfight, just like me, and their ET had a build I'd never seen before.

Amazingly, the enemy never bought a pipe. (and neither did our AA, even though he said he would...ehh) They had us dead to rights two or three times, and it's ridiculous that we managed to win. Gotta love dem throws. I think it was also the most Roshan kills I've seen, too. (4?) By the end, a gg was had by all.