Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1290
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    My instant reaction to your team's items - aside from the lack of pipe - is; where is the shiva's? Although it looks like veno and you were both on your way to one?

I know veil is a good damage boost but its an item I find spectacularly useless otherwise as it offers no utility. It is a grossly overrated item. Your lineup is actually pretty damn good though but the itemisation is lacking.

There's a gross lack of utility on the team. In addition to no shiva's and no pipe, there's only 1 force staff and one euls. Both on the same hero.

A bkb on your ES instead of veil would have been a MUCH better idea. Or a ghost sceptre considering how much physical damage they also output if you lasted past their magic output. Hell, get both. Even a shadow blade would have been great. The goal is to get past that "ult and die" phase. Heck, you should have got the pipe instead of the veil as you would always be diving into the middle of them every fight.

Ahh, I just noticed the bfury on the alchemist as well. Fuck that! 21/9 KD tells me he ran around just cleaning up kills rather than actually contributing to team fights properly with BKB and/or Mjolnir. This might be prejudice speaking as I have a serious dislike for the item outside of PA, Juggernaut and Anti-Fun.

You seem to be making progress though. Now is where getting better at the game gets even harder.

You can tell I haven't played in ages because i'm talking so much.

/curses his work place

Network Hub
    BFury Alch... not my favourite item but its not terrible, things I notice from the scoreboard:

1:21 game, you have 67 LH's, 7 of which are heroes... so you had 1 creep kill every 2 minutes, I know your a support here and your doing well by getting the carry farm but when you get chance later on it doesn't hurt if you can find a little farm; I'd of expected maybe double that. Your building a Shiva's, smart choice; really good item.

Depending on the timing of that Veil it could well have been a good item pickup, if they all had their BKB's by the time you picked it up I probably wouldn't bother though, however with your line up that will be responsible for truck loads of extra dmg if they don't BKB it.

It looks like Veno was also going for Shiva's, I think at that point in his build I'd prefer to see him with Force Staff or Blink though.

AA is remarkably fat, judging by his LH's and KDA I'm assuming he wasn't warding much past the 10 min mark and that was left to you and Veno? I'd suggest the 5 slot in that line up goes to the AA, all he really needs is that Aghs and he's at just about peak viability (hell some pro teams have even just sent AA's to the top corner of the map to ensure ulti's hit recently when it gets late late game).

I wouldn't say you were lacking in late game DPS that much, Alchemist (although not a great build) and LC can put out ALOT of dmg late game, both teams look fairly even; although I think Titan in this game made a bad choice, Semi carry Titan is fine but I wouldn't have in this game, between Slark SF and Enchantress he'd have been better dropping into a Refresher caster Titan role imo.

Looks like it was a fun game though, well done

This was the closest game I've had recently:
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/576063600

It wasn't that long but we really struggled with that monster of a TBlade, we were at the point where I was pretty sure we were screwed when we managed to pick off the TB in a bad position - kill him and then kill him again only losing me in the process, at that point we base rushed them and won from a very "screwed" position (if I remember right we were 2 lanes of rax down at that point).

You guys are right that a Shiva's or BKB probably should've been in order. The veil seemed like a good idea with Veno & AA there, though someone else could have been carrying it. Alch kept doing dumb stuff like farming the jungle instead of the early lane, and also showing up to teamfights he had no business bothering with. (to die underfarmed, mostly)

After a few losses today, I got fed up and picked the same cheese that we had lost to. I already knew this, but Sniper is stupid easy to play when your enemy doesn't gank with dust. The problem was that I was the only damage we really had, so we had to slowly turn the game around as I farmed to six slots. If their SB had just carried dust, we'd have lost in 35 mins instead of pulling out a win.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 28-03-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Network Hub
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/587872869

Things to take from this game:

As void, don't build Mask of Madness vs Zeus if your going mid... He rushed it meaning he had 600 hp and a MoM, everytime he considered using it I could take 2/3rds of his HP off him with 1 nuke. He was also the luckiest Void player I've ever seen... he rewound two nukes that would of killed him, then jumped on me with chrono and got out of the fight after killing me on 10 hp, I bought back ulti'd and he rewound that, I tp'd to lane and he rewound another nuke... Anddddd he had 1 lvl in backtrack at this point, great.

Anyway it was fun cos he started doing that pro void player thing of trash talking, only he did it from lvl 6 which is wayyyy to early to be successful We tore him a new one after that, he kept chrono'ing our Gyro and I kept nuking him down before he could hit Gyro. I should have built a force staff really but I was up on lvls and farm enough that my aghs lvl2 ulti was nearly killing most of their team and we had a rampaging Chen Viper and Gyro, not to mention CM actually she was blink ulti'ing most of their team in half.

Thingd to take from that game:

Don't try to manfight Viper one at a time when you're a Trilane.

DenieD - I was hoping that was the Phoenix drive-by game. :P

Network Hub
    No lol, Drive by Phx was funny though. Things to take from the Drive by Phx game:

When Alche is on 5 hp and has more move speed than you and your OOM your not gonna kill him... Full map Benny Hill scene is go!

That man fight Viper 1v1 after having just took a Zeus ulti was awesome though, I made so much from assists

Lesser Hivemind Node
    All of you really need to see the BO5 semi-finals in the XMG tournament between Fnatic and Alliance. The games were of the highest quality. Support Meepo, mid Ogre, support Wraith King, QoP carry and level 1 Roshan bait are in attendance.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DotaCinemaVODS/videos

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    All of you really need to see the BO5 semi-finals in the XMG tournament between Fnatic and Alliance. The games were of the highest quality. Support Meepo, mid Ogre, support Wraith King, QoP carry and level 1 Roshan bait are in attendance.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DotaCinemaVODS/videos

Really awesome games and I'd recommend their Na'Vi Fnatic games too.

I've been a Fnatic fan for ages and its great to see them playing so well

Played my first in-house lobby with some RPSers yesterday. We got stomped, but it was still a good time.

The rare times that actually happens, it's good. Excessively agressive ganks, lots of manly diving and allchat spam
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:
    "By ignorance the truth is known" -Henry Suso

Activated Node
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/598196948

it's nice when your team bails you out... I thought the game was going badly when I gave meepo a free kill on bot (tip: Don't stand near 2 full waves of creeps when your enemy has 4 seconds of disable) but then I had 4 deaths in the first 10 minutes.

my team managed to work miracles and pull the game back, it helped that Witch doctor called an offensive gg after 10 mins then decided to walk into a warded rosh pit with meepo to give us 2 kills and a free rosh, he got a fair bit of stick for that at the end of the game.

Once i had fed my arse off decided to jungle my phase boots, so good when playing from behind against that kind of team. Makes ganking / escaping so much easier on Furion.
    I'll Sproink you out m8

Network Hub
    Nice game there Soup, Oshid has been talking about it this morning

Me and Ludo had this game at the weekend:
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/597375013

Which was mental, I don't think most people enjoyed it but it was a "put 1 foot wrong and lose the game" situation from about 40 mins in so I was happy we managed to play pretty semi flawlessly for so long.

Also this weekend I investigated Ember Spirit (as Soup can attest to)... guy needs a nerf, he's rediculous.

Ember so versatile, so chic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    I don't like when I don't get Mirana and the other team does, especially when our own group doesn't pick her and just allows the other team to get her, mang. I dunno if he posts on here, but I'm looking at you infty! <.<

Lol. I think she has become my favourite hero(in).

Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    Nice game there Soup, Oshid has been talking about it this morning

Me and Ludo had this game at the weekend:
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/597375013

Which was mental, I don't think most people enjoyed it but it was a "put 1 foot wrong and lose the game" situation from about 40 mins in so I was happy we managed to play pretty semi flawlessly for so long.

Also this weekend I investigated Ember Spirit (as Soup can attest to)... guy needs a nerf, he's rediculous.
    Yea Ember is a major pain in the bumhole. I try to ban him if I can.

As of two nights ago, I have a new closest game.

We were outplayed for 3/4 of the hour-long match, had every (!) single one of our towers destroyed, and the ancient was down to 1/4 hp. Thanks to our farmed Medusa with a clinch rapier (and some key defensive team fights), our team rallied to an unlikely victory. I still can't believe we won.

They had better lane play, better team composition and picked smarter fights. The only good things we had going for us were 1) Tiny's cleanup; 2) Medusa's endgame potential; 3) Good communication; and 4) Their TB died too much to be scary. Their Lich had some great ults until we got a pipe, and Bristle... well, he was being Bristle.

Every time they took our towers or rax, we killed enough of them to stop the advance. So, while most of the game felt like delaying inevitable loss, we eventually turned the tide. They even had us as close as 4/5 dead, Medusa nearly so, and megas destroying the ancient. I bought back, ice pathed their LC and helped 'dusa scare them out of the base. They tried to rat in a few more times, killing a few of us in the process, but we eked out a victory in the face of superior play.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 09-04-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Dudes,

Is the in game chat channel ever active? When ever I'm online it's dead as a dodo. How would one go about getting some games organized with you folks? I'm sick of playing alone 24/7 :=[

Obscure Node
    Get in the Guild and get on Mumble! There are many people active and playing most nights. Just pipe up in the channel for an invite if you are not in guild and sit in the looking for group channel on the mumble server also.

I am in the guild, that's the in-game channel I was talking about. I'll try see how it goes with the mumble thing...

Depending on when you play, it may not be much better. As a U.S. East person, most of the action seems to be either 1) while I'm at work; or 2) the same few people who party together and don't need an extra person. (which is okay--some people are in teams) That happens, though, so I'm just glad to get RPS matches when I can.

When I played old dota I had people to play with, when I switched to hon I had people, when I then tried Lol for 2 years I had plenty of people that I met, I then switched to dota 2 and now I'm about 600h in, still playing alone.

Booo