Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1325
    Lesser Hivemind Node

Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    First a guy on our team afks for 25 minutes (Lich), the only guy not from our 4 stack.
    he used a jedi mind trick on me so i didn't report him, something along the lines of 'sorry, the police were here'

and then dildo pulled out too fast and threw the game, dat dildo

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Each week I find myself with nowhere near enough reports for all the utter scumbags that play this game. I'm back down to 3, and I ran out of them all on Sunday evening. I've wanted to use 5 or 6 since. The worst part is that I keep getting surprised at how horrible people are. If there's one thing that's constantly pushing me away from the game, it's the player base, that seems to mostly comprise human garbage. It's a shame a game as good as this is plagued in such a way.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gridreign741 View Post
    he used a jedi mind trick on me so i didn't report him, something along the lines of 'sorry, the police were here'

and then dildo pulled out too fast and threw the game, dat dildo
    Lmao the puns never stop :P

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Each week I find myself with nowhere near enough reports for all the utter scumbags that play this game. I'm back down to 3, and I ran out of them all on Sunday evening. I've wanted to use 5 or 6 since. The worst part is that I keep getting surprised at how horrible people are. If there's one thing that's constantly pushing me away from the game, it's the player base, that seems to mostly comprise human garbage. It's a shame a game as good as this is plagued in such a way.
    Right now I'm in a bit of a rut, 4 game loss streak. But I can't say I'm not a big part of it.... played very poorly myself those games lol.

Nothing makes me curse like a DOTA loss! XD

Valve have made matches a lot more volatile with the compendium 10 hero picks and now the daily hero pick.
    All pick has gotten a lot more messy, it took me 7 games with bounty to get a win, and I honestly can say, as solo in a 5 man team, we were outplayed in only 1 game, the others were due to someone either abandoning or feeding horribly because of bad picks no doubt down to the quests. I had veno as my daily last night and took 3 goes due to 2 abandons before the games even started, even though I was on the winning side, abandons anytime during the game fails the quest

I only have ~400 games, but I'd like to think 90% of the players I've met have been okay. The real jerks are the ones we remember, though... especially when they flame over mic.

I don't even consider 4 losses a slump anymore, because it just happens. It's to the point where I get worried every time I get a few wins in a row, because it inevitably swings the opposite way (and farther). My real frustration is repeating a negative sum, like winning 1 out of every 4 games. That was me the other week, and it was not a good feeling. It's led me to just ignore my dotabuff win%, because it doesn't even match in in-game record anyway.

We had a good game the other night, curry/rock. Don't worry about it. You weren't comfortable playing Chen, but didn't feed. I'd call that a victory. Grid balled as PA and I got some lucky echo slams in there. (which was pretty satisfying, considering I gave up first blood)

Singsing may be kind of a punk, but I learned something valuable from watching his stream. Have fun. He may jokingly say stuff like "I f---ing hate this game" when he dies, but he genuinely seems to have fun while playing it.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 06-06-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Network Hub
    I were (Again ) unable to sleep last night, so thought i'd check if there's anything to watch in net and noticed Fnatic was playing DK with a new stand-in on fnatic side so thought i'd watch.

Can recommend, it's pretty interesting match in the middle-end game =)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That excalibur kid? Yup.

He went utter ham on DK. Pure ownage.

Network Hub
    spoilahs! Though got to say it was pretty big mistake to just let him do complete free farm.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...mit_finals_82/

82 heroes picked during the Summit Lan. :O

The only unpicked heroes:
    Lifestealer (wtf), Death Prophet, Keeper of the Light, Spectre, Crystal Maiden (wtf), Skywrath Mage, Slardar, Huskar, Troll Warlord, Zeus, Sniper, Phantom Lancer, Lina, Warlock, Pudge, Necrophos, Medusa, Sven, Omniknight, Spirit Breaker

So, Meepo was picked twice? Interesting.

Network Hub
    'tis a shame that Skywrath and Sven! never see play. I'd like to see those 2 get some game.

I got reported by a 1-10 CM and 5-9 Riki. Apparently getting Refresher and Aghanim's Scepter is bad when you are Zeus? And that is hindering the team.... apparently.... the entire game I was being cursed at for... I have no idea... playing better than my team? I mean... trying to win the game is bad now? Lol.... Oh... random matchmaking....

Seriously, MM should be based on seniority in Dota.... the CM was yelling at me "why are you casting W all the time!" every time I was dewarding.... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Only did 20.5k dmg to opposing team heroes... I don't even know why I try to go into the matchmaking....

I would suppose when people feed a sniper... they would realize why they lose... but no, that's just too obvious.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/712559195

None of them have enabled third party stat tracking... telling enough as well.
    Last edited by rockman29; 11-06-2014 at 04:47 AM.

That is one seriously fed sniper. I can only hope my game with him goes well enough to check him off my 10 hero challenge. He's a pub beast if you can win the lane and the enemy doesn't have any gap-closers to punch you in the face.

Matchmaking is always a roll of the dice. Sometimes, I get ragers and jerks who seem to prioritize blame-throwing over teamwork. Other times, it's a magical land where everyone is nice and willing to cooperate. During my lunch break game, I tend to have a higher chance of spanish-speakers, so I get to play not-quite-conversational translator for my other teammates.

I kind of want to say that players with stat tracking are generally higher skill than those without, but that's just anecdota(l).

Network Hub
    Never heard of this third party stat tracking. I always assumed that stuff was a bannable offense. What's that sound, did I just trigger the noob alert? Light the pitchforks and sharpen the torches.

Yea, I'll check it out and see what it does.

Enable the "expose public match data" setting in Dota 2 and dotabuff will track it automagically.

It's a good way to compare your stats/wins with different heroes, see what builds/items are popular, etc. (tho some dumb stuff is popular, so take it with a grain of salt) I've actually started ignoring DB's listed win rates, though, because they don't match up with my in-game profile. It says mine is ~46%, when it's really more like 52%. (209 wins out of 399 games) So, wow.. I guess I'm about to play my 400th game. I can only imagine it would be more like 600 if I hadn't played coop bots for so long.

Paying too much attention to stats can actually be detrimental to your playing mood. The same goes for MMR.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    Paying too much attention to stats can actually be detrimental to your playing mood. The same goes for MMR.
    I know the feeling. Sometimes I'll play a slew of games with a certain hero to learn it and then be quite be pleased with the results. Until I click on the winrate screen, that is, and see how many games I actually won vs lost and then I'm all sad emoticon.

Game 1 today: Slith mid carry abandons at 10 minutes and we lose...

http://dotabuff.com/matches/715813256

Game 2 today: maintenance guys for internet finally decide to come today.... making me lose net for 20 min.... at least my net is fixed, but d/c at 7-2 luna and lose game

When I came back.... it was 45 min in the game... and I had no items or money :S

The funny thing is, we should've won... only that the tank clock left during my absence. By the time I came back... drow was mega-farmed and we had all raxes left... and we took two of their raxes before they even got even a single of our T3. Sad game.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/715855949

Game 3 today: How to play Leshrac, a primer, 527 gold per minute

http://dotabuff.com/matches/715980685

My new favourite hero

Quote Originally Posted by crazy horse View Post
    I know the feeling. Sometimes I'll play a slew of games with a certain hero to learn it and then be quite be pleased with the results. Until I click on the winrate screen, that is, and see how many games I actually won vs lost and then I'm all sad emoticon.
    Played 6 ranked games.... due to the above problems.... right in the same place I started lmao. 3 wins, 3 losses.

Oddly enough... all wins with Leshrac. In fact.... all my last 4 wins are with Lesh lmao.
    Last edited by rockman29; 12-06-2014 at 09:26 PM.

The RL friend I usually play with is super critical of my actions and usually gives input in ways that feel insulting. It's not super helpful. (tho I know part of it is just his self-admittedly tactless personality) Anyone else have that issue?

While he has an extra ~100 games more than me and is a little better, it's not like he plays perfectly. I rarely criticize what he does, because I think he usually sees what he is doing wrong. If not, I try to point it out in a "Hey, try this instead" way instead of "Your decision-making is terrible." He's like "That crap works because you play trash tier. You're never going to get any better like that." My response is that I already spend too much time on this game, so... yeah.

On the upside, his advice while I was playing as DP yesterday was actually helpful and given in an encouraging manner.

Yea it's good to find people to play with who will communicate but also in a helpful way, that try to make it a team effort.

RPS dota are a pretty understanding bunch definitely