Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1356
    I found the latest Three Lane Highway post (on the Steam news feed for Dota) about useless things very entertaining. Especially the bit about people asking for commedations when they've won and camped your fountain for five minutes. I always sigh in irritation when I see that.

On another note, Summer Sale is here. Might have to finally buy a treasure at those prices. The only thing is that there is hardly anything in them I want besides taunts.

Before you go buying the discounted treasures, make sure to check the market prices. If you want a specific item, you might find it lower there instead of spending 49 cents for a chance of not getting it.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 20-06-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    I didn't know the summer sale applied to Dota 2, that's cool.

The new Dota 2 update (or some recent one I guess) I think lets you really zoom out now, without using console command.

Just using mouse wheel scrolling.

It scales out far enough that it shows the age of my PC. :\

I've been resisting the urge to upgrade since ... well, I don't know when. The guts of my PC are 2007 tech with the addition of a 2010 GPU and 2012 SSD. The "Everything I play runs fine" excuse runs thin when Dota 2 is essentially all I've played in the past year and a half. (with a little bit of Dungeon Defenders, random shooters, Hammerwatch and occasional Skyrim)

Nah it's fine, it's a bit that the game might not even be designed to run like that :P

Cuts me down to the same frames I get in ARMA 3 (35 to 45) on my laptop, so it's nothing to worry about if that zoom-out slows you down a pinch.

So dotabuff has been continually updating what stats it tracks and it's now added an overall column. And so our long-standing suspicion that we get put on dire a lot is actually right (1236 to 622). I suspect that dire's overall lower winrate is used to balance out 5-stacks or something because the people we have who solo queue a lot more have a lot closer to parity.

still, weird.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    If Dota 2 implements HoN's shopping and courier (And no uphill miss on wards) mechanics, this will be damn near my perfect moba style game (And i've been playing these maps since 2003).

Valve are slowly taking care of all my pet peeves with Dota 2. I've been screaming for scrolling zoom in replays + spectators forever.
    Last edited by khaz; 23-06-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Network Hub
    I've been trying to curb my rage in Dota the past couple of weeks but jeez people make it hard sometimes, the enemy gather up and 5 man dotes... I'm the only one defending any of the towers, 5 towers later one of the guys I'm playing with says "how do they have so many more items than us?!", I felt a hulk moment coming on big time then.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy horse View Post
    On another note, Summer Sale is here. Might have to finally buy a treasure at those prices. The only thing is that there is hardly anything in them I want besides taunts.
    I can give you an example of my earlier recommendation on the chest sales. The one that expires today is currently 49 cents. Only one item in it was of any interest to me. Instead of taking a .49 gamble to take a 1-in-10 chance to get it, I bought it on the market for .27. I even bought a few other items to go with it and only ended up paying a few cents more than the chest would have been.

Additionally, if you wait until the daily chest deal has almost expired, the prices for the included items tends to be lower. This is because valve's sale is reducing the rarity of said items, and the market price drops as a result. So, if you see something you want from an old chest, get it the smart way.

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    If Dota 2 implements HoN's shopping and courier (And no uphill miss on wards) mechanics, this will be damn near my perfect moba style game (And i've been playing these maps since 2003).
    How does HoN's shop/courier differ? I'm okay with the miss chance on wards. It may annoy me to miss a few times in a row, but not enough to say it should go.

I'm pretty sure I played the original dota once in my WC3 days, but I had no idea what it was (or why people were raging at me). "How do you get lumber?"

Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    I've been trying to curb my rage in Dota the past couple of weeks but jeez people make it hard sometimes, the enemy gather up and 5 man dotes... I'm the only one defending any of the towers, 5 towers later one of the guys I'm playing with says "how do they have so many more items than us?!", I felt a hulk moment coming on big time then.
    Only when I'm most brave do I even play solo anymore.....

I find it annoying too.... especially when people wonder why they start losing every fight after a 10 death peformance in the first 15 minutes, or yea.... not having any towers....

It's like 250 gold to every opponent hero, that adds up! :P

And key recommendation.... if you're in LPQ (or a teammate is in LPQ) when you gather a team, try to avoid almost at all costs any randoms to join your team.... had a recent game that a 5 v 4 (we were up a man) was entirely ruined by a crying 1 - 15 QoP ..... lol.

Though I think there is a problem here now... because I think if you don't solo it doesn't count your games as a LPQ game.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    "How do you get lumber?"
    Press Alt+F4 for more lumber!

Quote Originally Posted by DenieD View Post
    Press Alt+F4 for more lumber!
    Alt-Q-Q was better because it worked more often XD

Also Leafittome 9999

http://classic.battle.net/war3/cheatcodes.shtml

SomebodySetUpUsTheBomb - Instant defeat
    Lol, classic Blizz is the best
    Last edited by rockman29; 23-06-2014 at 04:10 PM.

ESL One, Alliance vs Cloud 9 2nd game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iGt5nqDPEE

Quite a match. I was extremely surprised by C9 skipping the barracks to kill t4 towers and hit the Ancient.

Some tips for trading player cards. First, don't do it today! The market is very busy due to the Steam sale ending and the trading interface may error out while you're working on a big trade.

In the Steam trade interface, there's a search box that will filter items by name and description text, which is handy for finding specific cards. There are filters for tags like player cards and tools, but many cards are missing the tags. Filtering your Steam inventory by "2014" turns up all the player cards + the compendium HUD.

In your Dota 2 armory, filtering by item type "player cards" turns up nothing at all. Instead you can use "Name matches sub-string 2014" to find them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    In your Dota 2 armory, filtering by item type "player cards" turns up nothing at all. Instead you can use "Name matches sub-string 2014" to find them there.
    That's helpful -- thanks!

I've only completed two or three teams, but am pretty close on a few others. My card pack drop rate seems to have dried up lately.

Network Hub
    Gutted about Fnatic

Wish them all the best... the news really surprised me, I've been a Fnatic fan for a long time now

Looks like I need 22 more cards to stamp everyone once. I'm 1 card away on two teams, 2 cards away on 4, and have a few teams I'm not close at all on. Steamep.com has helped a lot, though, just like last year.

So, the Fnatic thing... They basically can't compete unless they use Era, and they don't think he's capable?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post

So, the Fnatic thing... They basically can't compete unless they use Era, and they don't think he's capable?
    Pretty much, he's getting anxiety attacks when abroad and stuff and his Dr has told him to compete could be a very bad idea.

I don't really understand why they don't invite a stand-in instead, Valve "explained" why they wouldn't and how its not like the "Fear" situation but I don't get the difference still tbh. I thought it must be to do with Fnatic said they'd still give Era some of the winnings if they got any, thing is... they won't get any, without 5 people that have practised together properly you aren't getting money at the international.

Apparently CIS has been having visa approval issues, too.

Thanks to steamep, I'm down to only needing 3 cards. (as opposed to 22 five hours ago)
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 30-06-2014 at 09:37 PM.