Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1345
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    I don't particularly care about the player cards. List what you guys need and if I have them, they're all yours.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    I wish I could sell the stupid player cards.... zzzzz...

And yea if you need I'll be glad to send them to whomever.

The qualifier matches for the International have been the first tourney games I've seen. Just starting to follow the pro scene now but still know little of it. I wouldn't mind seeing Mousesports do well after seeing Pajkatt's Mirana and Slark in action - that was awesome to watch.

What teams do you think have the strongest shot at winning the International? Or even what teams would you just be happiest to see win?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Toughest to call this year. EG, IG, DK, Alliance, Newbee all with an equal shot i'd say. I want to add Navi to this list but unless they bring some of their play from early in the year, I don't see it happening. They've been really out of sorts the last few months.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Toughest to call this year. EG, IG, DK, Alliance, Newbee all with an equal shot i'd say. I want to add Navi to this list but unless they bring some of their play from early in the year, I don't see it happening. They've been really out of sorts the last few months.
    Yeh Navi are weird, they do this every year... they get sloppy just before The International and then bootcamp quite hard and come out playing well. I think Navi are basically the equivalent of Brasil in Football, they are always going to be a threat even though they might not always be playing amazing / be the favourites you still wouldn't want your favourite team playing them in a knock-out.

Honestly with the way they have been performing together I fancied Fnatic for an outside bet this year but alas its not to be... :'(

I think EG are favourites for me this year, unless someone brings out a meta-shatterer of a tactic.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    After IG's utter manhandling of them in the ESL finals i'm not so sure. EG had a draft they're comfortable with in the second game and got wiped. They went for broke with their draft in the final game which blew up in their faces spectacularly.

And the group phase round robin at TI4 means there's going to be pressure straight from round one and teams that ride BO1 momentum waves (Liquid last year) won't have a chance. It'll sort the men from the boys.

Network Hub
    After IG's utter manhandling of them in the ESL finals i'm not so sure. EG had a draft they're comfortable with in the second game and got wiped. They went for broke with their draft in the final game which blew up in their faces spectacularly.

And the group phase round robin at TI4 means there's going to be pressure straight from round one and teams that ride BO1 momentum waves (Liquid last year) won't have a chance. It'll sort the men from the boys.
    Yeh but its so difficult to make predictions at this point based on previous form as all the boot camping that happens mixes it up so much.

I don't particularly care about the player cards. List what you guys need and if I have them, they're all yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    I wish I could sell the stupid player cards.... zzzzz...

And yea if you need I'll be glad to send them to whomever.
    I need LGD Yao, VP Illidan and Liquid Wayto to complete the rest of my card stamps.

FWIW, I think last year's reward for completing all teams was better than this year. (unique courier vs 500 compendium points) It was completely effort-based, and there was no way you could cheese it. (as far as I know) This year, the unique courier is based solely on compendium level 50+, which means it can simply be bought.

So, yeah... I'm probably never going to stop using my bright pink, crab-riding smeevil from TI3. It's unique, I like it better than most couriers, and was earned by actually doing stuff.

/////

As for predictions, I'm kind of stumped, too. I only got 4/100 for the qualifier predictions, but I hope that basing my prelim predictions on those will help out. The meta hasn't changed too much since then, right? I know there were small buffs and nerfs to some of the popular heroes, but nothing that would turn the world upside down.

Feel free to advise or correct me, though, if anyone has more insight on that.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 01-07-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Cheynio pointed me to this Dota 2 player card trading bot, and I filled most of my book using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    Cheynio pointed me to this Dota 2 player card trading bot, and I filled most of my book using it.
    Nice! It doesn't appear to have any of the 3 cards I need at the moment.

Steamep progress has, uh... lost some steam due to my 'want' list being so small. It can be hard to finish one's list when the trade options narrow.

Yao, Illidan, Wayto, pls stop.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 01-07-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    As for predictions, I'm kind of stumped, too. I only got 4/100 for the qualifier predictions, but I hope that basing my prelim predictions on those will help out. The meta hasn't changed too much since then, right? I know there were small buffs and nerfs to some of the popular heroes, but nothing that would turn the world upside down.
    The meta has had a pretty big swing of big carries mid (like PA and Void), not concrete like but it happens alot more now.

I keep telling people in my games that they are not Arteezy, and that going mid as PA may not be the best idea. It's hard to say in pubs, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Deadly and I and some other Dota RPSers had a fun "anti-void" game with Mirana a day ago I think :P

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    I keep telling people in my games that they are not Arteezy, and that going mid as PA may not be the best idea. It's hard to say in pubs, though.
    I've found shes quite devastating vs Invoker if you can get an ally to drop off a set of sentries.

Had an Enigma game last night where our main carry was Void... oh man that is just not a fair combo at times. 5 Man Black Hole into 5 man Chrono... that Void was the fattest thing by the end.

I guess I could see that working.

Also, it seems the cards for Yao, Wayto, IllidanSTR and some kid from Arrow have a much lower drop rate than the rest of them. I just need Yao now.

I have three Yao's. You can have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I have three Yao's. You can have one.
    Great -- I really appreciate it. I looked you up on the guild roster and sent a friend request.

/edit/

Aaand complete, thanks to Boris.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 03-07-2014 at 03:26 PM.

I still need Yao and Xiangzaiii. Edit: all done.

This made me laugh very very hard today: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=275621474
    Last edited by Bobtree; 03-07-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    I still need Yao and Xiangzaiii.
    Yeah, a good RL friend of mine still needs Xiangzaii, too.

This made me laugh very very hard today: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=275621474
    Synergizes very well with Gyrotractor.

Network Hub
    So I must have watched about 8 ESL One games and I have to say this tournament has provided some seriously amazing and entertaining matches.

Also, this is a cool perspective on the players https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8F2...NrxW2&index=12

The way BigDaddy waves his finger around like a school teacher
    Last edited by Easy; 07-07-2014 at 07:39 PM.
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam