Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    4 Elements is a nice relaxing game to play through. A nice casual game reminiscent of the stuff Popcap put out. Good fun, lovely presentation and very highly polished.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    they are evolving
    They have families and everything now. This is their job, they need the money to feed their children, and we're banning them.

WE WERE THE TRUE MONSTERS ALL ALONG

The Polynomial.

It's a wonderful little game if you just fancy sitting back with a couple of beers and relaxing.

Edit: Doh, Basilicus got there first. Second time I've done that this week.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

relaxing games is a bit different for each of us. Normally I don't play games when I want some relaxing, but here's the game that relax me while playing game

Waking Mars is pretty nice. I slowly look around at the game, watching the plants (or zoa, whatever) do their own thing, and plant more of them. Then I just watch everything happen.

You can get Christmas mod for skyrim, along with people in skyrim singing Christmas song. Haven't try it but looks pretty charming in the video. Or you could just walk around outside whiterun, there's some gentle giant and mammoth there. Also, wandering wolf, wizard and bandits.

It's been awhile since I play GTA game, but I remember just driving around in San Andreas. Being a model citizen.

Proteus is a game made almost entirely for the purpose of relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    The Polynomial.

It's a wonderful little game if you just fancy sitting back with a couple of beers and relaxing.

Edit: Doh, Basilicus got there first. Second time I've done that this week.
    But now it's 75% off on Steam. Good timing! I might get it, looks really great.
    Last edited by LTK; 29-12-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I usually play Mass Effect 2 or Borderlands to relax. Or Diablo 2.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Kinda happy with this necro, the ZB2 exchange is hilarious. See? even spambots have their uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Yes, weird. I think I made the mistake of only looking at the first page or so of comments before posting, and wasn't awake enough when I started to look at the dates. Apologies.
    I only realized it about two or three pages in, when I saw a post by Anthile and said to myself "oh look he's back ...oh wait". I miss his concerns for the safety of bats in games.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

The Lego games!

Anthile posted on the "what are you playing" thread a couple of days ago - I don't think he's gone far. Haven't had a discussion on bats with him, though - I guess this means no Castlevania for him?
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Anthile posted on the "what are you playing" thread a couple of days ago - I don't think he's gone far. Haven't had a discussion on bats with him, though - I guess this means no Castlevania for him?
    Good news, I must have missed that post. Since this worked out so well, I'll take the chance to complain about Althea's prolonged absence, too!

And now bats, of course.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Wow, thanks for the incredibly cute bat picture.

Althea's not so easily re-conjured, but she's around on the Gaslamp forums / fora, so she's still alive and kicking (down doors).
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I usually find GTA like games quite relaxing. And I mean not really playing the game, but just driving around lazy. Just Cause 2 is good for that, since is soo beatiful, and if you set the game to easy nothing really disturb you much (theres also mods to unlock all vehicles and fly). GTA Vice City is also good for this, since the 80's music.. and I relaxing to drive around with that kind of music.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    If the robots only bump quality threads, I welcome them with gladness.

Relaxing: Scribblenauts Unlimited! It is a game of accidentally putting legs in your beard and watching it hop away.

Not Relaxing (but very good): King of Dragon Pass! It is a game of listening to Vikings whine/die because of your reckless string of uninformed decisions.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I would recommend GTA 4,it seriously relax me,i can put out all bad energy and feel better after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    I usually find GTA like games quite relaxing. And I mean not really playing the game, but just driving around lazy. Just Cause 2 is good for that, since is soo beatiful, and if you set the game to easy nothing really disturb you much (theres also mods to unlock all vehicles and fly). GTA Vice City is also good for this, since the 80's music.. and I relaxing to drive around with that kind of music.
    Damn, now I want to go buy the complete package on Steam

...must ...resist!

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    I find the games of the Anno series to be quite relaxing. At least up to the point when my whole infrastructure collapses completely ...

Stalker: find a group of people at a campfire and listen to some awesome guitar music

Dwarf fortress, just don't try not to lose. When shit goes bad, it goes, can't do anything about it. Just listen to the music until you get the announcement that "your settlement has crumbled to its end".

Defcon, same as dwarf fortress. Don't speed the game up and don't panic when the whole soviet union unleashes its atomic arsenal at you.

Scribblenauts to stay relaxed. Super Hexagon to gradually relax.

Quote Originally Posted by mizzu View Post
    Stalker: find a group of people at a campfire and listen to some awesome guitar music
    That, until group of bandits start firing at you
    Use the Complete Mod for some nice improvement

Obscure Node
    mod skyrim to the max and just go explore the wonderful scenery