Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Network Hub
    Rush is a good little chill out game

I'm very much into more 'kinetic' games like most FPSes, but I've found point n click games, especially Sam n Max and the Strongbad games (from Telltale I think) relaxing and amusing. Sure, the characters are very out there and wacky so maybe it is just the change in gameplay pace that relaxes me.

Failing that, from the looks of other posts, a combination of Audiosurf and whalesong from www.meditainment.com might do the trick.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Basilicus View Post
    Two words: The Polynomial. You fly around a 'space' environment created by fractals that pulse to whatever music you put in (or a rad accompanying soundtrack), shoot at blacklight-and-neon pacmen, and save jellyfish. If you die, you respawn instantly. It's a beautiful experience, not too complex, and it zens you into some satisfying-but-not-too-consequential action. It helped me relax at the end of the day during some very, very rough times last year.

There's a highscore that tracks your last 1, 5, 20, and 60 minutes of playtime, but I prefer to simply enjoy my pacmen-shooting and intergalactic jellyfish-saving. There's also a free-fly mode wherein you can remove the enemies, and in whatever mode, if you ever have enough of one particular environment, you can just wormhole over to the next. Watch the trailer and you'll see what I mean. Ooh, and it's also $3.40 during the sale right now. Highly, highly, highly recommended.

Thx for the recommendation. I just picked it up for $3.49 on steam sale.

Obscure Node
    New game with no competitive elements and its free to download for both windows and mac

Obscure Node
    Just relax when you are playing games because games are adventure which we can take at home and take cold drinks ,juices and chill out during the play.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    I'm looking for games to just chill out with, not a specific genre or style, just things that aren't stressful or require complex problem solving. It's easy to just say "casual games" but I'm looking for something a bit more involved than Peggle here.

So, any tips for games to play when you come home after a tiring day and want to just curl up with a blanket on the armchair with a cup of cocoa and relax for a bit?
    Feeding Frenzy, have you tried it yet ;) Or just go for Pop Cap games, they know how to relax us lol!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    X3: Terran Conflict.

Sins of a Solar Empire.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    i play a nice game of lol when i want to relax.

Network Hub
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent. No stressful combat to worry about, its more like a point-and-click adventure crossed with a real-time hide and seek simulator. I once got so relaxed playing this game that I literally soiled myself, thats how relaxing it is.

Not a PC game but Flower for PS3 is very good for chilling out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    I used to play the Settlers and the similar but not as good Cultures 2 for relaxing. You can just sit back and watch your villagers go about their day. Very calming.

Also, EVE. Not the angry internet men shouting on Teamspeak PvP stuff, but just floating through pretty asteroid fields with the game music turned up. Dull? Yes. But relaxing.
    --

Amnesia: the dark descent, most relaxing game ever!

In seriousness, something like Wind Waker is really relaxing, but if you don't have that already, getting it now would be a bitch. (unless you have a wii and don't mind ordering second hand games off amazon.)

Obscure Node
    So my husband wants to go away for a while (week max) once his grandmother passes to regroup and relax together. Does anyone have any suggestions? Our big thing is not a lot of people...we're both outdoorsy but still want somewhere relaxing and quiet...

Botanicula is graphically beautiful with very nice music, and most of the puzzles are fairly easy. Most of the fun in the game comes from clicking on things to see what happens, more or less.

Waking Mars is very relaxing until you get to the point where you're trying to get a perfect score, at which point it's a bit frustrating, but that's probably several hours in.

I found Blackwell: Deception to be quite relaxing, but as has already been said, this depends on how tolerant of point-and-click puzzles you are. To The Moon is kind of a point-and-click minus most of the puzzles, so that could fit the bill.

I used to love Sim Life as relaxation - like most of the early Maxis games, you can go into experimental mode and turn off as many hazards as you want - but it hasn't wound up on GoG yet, so I don't know how hard it is to find.

Desktop Dungeons is good, as it's a puzzle game dressed up as a roguelike, and the levels are very small, so if you mess up you don't usually feel as if you've wasted a lot of effort.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Bot did a nice thread necro there :)
    Read more here (On hold) or on Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Yes, weird. I think I made the mistake of only looking at the first page or so of comments before posting, and wasn't awake enough when I started to look at the dates. Apologies.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

I find flight games relaxing

Aerofly FS
    and
    Lunar Flight

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cswitch11 View Post
    So my husband wants to go away for a while (week max) once his grandmother passes to regroup and relax together. Does anyone have any suggestions? Our big thing is not a lot of people...we're both outdoorsy but still want somewhere relaxing and quiet...
    they are evolving