Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the suggestion. Never heard of that brand, hmm... Will have to have a look into it.
    --
    -- V. Don Quixote. Tyler Durden. Donnie Darko. Martin Sillenas. Maynard. Rorschach. You. Me.

Inferno appears to have issues with working in Windows 7. Bad drivers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Neither had I and until I looked at those Amazon reviews on it I thought it was probably gone out of business, but for that price I don't think you can go wrong.

It's probably missing something, or has a slower something that the "pro" mice of the world, but I'm a home gamer, not a pro. I don't need to spend 100e on a mouse just because it has a 1000Hz feedback rate etc etc, because honestly I'll never notice it

Network Hub
    Ah, the MX518, my stalwart companion in gaming for 10 years, it's worn, the feet are gone, the logo broke off but not a single technical fault. They don't make mice like this anymore.

I hear the Logitech G400 is essentially the new version, but I cannot comment otherwise.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I don't know what your feelings on thumb-driven trackball mice are, but the Logitech m570 ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...F8&me=&seller= ) is my favorite thing ever. Very nice, responsive, easy to use on uneven surfaces :P and tends to last for at least Several years.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Lol, no way i could game with this thing :D
    --
    -- V. Don Quixote. Tyler Durden. Donnie Darko. Martin Sillenas. Maynard. Rorschach. You. Me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Anyone try Mionix mice? Looks like reviews from numerous places are favorable.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826580002

I am on a G5 Logitech now. Before I had the old wireless version. Good feel, change dpi on the fly, enough buttons.

Aye, that Mionix looks seriously awesome, i read a bit about it before. It seems uber comfortable too, but it's super expensive in europe (about 80-90 euros) :S
    --

Ordered the CM Sentinel 2, will have it in a month... Will try to report back with some feedback later
    --

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    I'm absolutely smitten with Mad Catz's Cybrog RAT 7.

Its big selling point is it's completely modular - you can adjust and replace pieces of it to fit your personal taste. Only thing is it's expensive.

I've had a G500, it developed a kink in the wire and eventually a knackered connection. Decent mouse though.
    Had a RAT 5 for a good few months now and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it that I can find - except it was a bit pricey.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Razer makes decent mice.

Logitech mice have really atrocious build quality.. My g9x feels like (and is) a second rate plastic toy in comparison to my lachesis.

The cord on razer mice of of much higher quality, as are the scroll wheel (both the clicky feeling and the scrolling) and the teflon pads work way better on wooden desks than the cheap plastic shit that logitech uses.

My g9x feels like I'm trying to rub a wet sponge on a stone surface, so much friction it's not even funny.
    The lachesis feels like it's on a waxed mirror.

I've never in my entire life owned a logitech product that felt like anything other than a poor build quality overpriced toy.
    That includes 2 expensive headsets, a g15 keyboard, an old ps/2 connection logitech keyboard, an expensive webcam and a pair of stereo speakers.

All if it was of inferior quality compared to other brands I owned at the same price range.
    Last edited by Finicky; 19-08-2012 at 06:16 PM.

I ended up picking the Cooler Master Storm Sentinel Advanced II (the longer the name, the more AWESOME the product is, right?). So far so good, it went through some extensive testing with DOTA2, some Diablo 3, World of Tanks, Blacklight Retribution... Haven't tried it with 3DSMAX yet, but so far the ingame and OS/Other Software performance is satisfactory.

Points of interest:

* It is longer than the Ikari but also a bit thinner, especially on the right side - there's practically no ring and little finger support, just a small curve but really not large enough to rest your fingers on. Your ring and little finger have to be on the pad.

* As others have said on the internet, the buttons are somewhat harder to press than most other mice, especially the 2 thumb buttons. To be honest the first day my index fingered felt a bit tired after some serious DOTA play. Then you get used to it and it's ok, except the thumb buttons that still remain a bit hard to press for my liking.

* The software IS amazing. I am using about 1/4 of it, the DPI controls to be prices, and just a quick setup of all the bling bling lights and shit. I haven't reconfigured the buttons since i see no need to (that's why i picked a mouse with the bare minimum of buttons) nor the macros and scripts. They are there though and i could use them if i ever needed to.

* The sensor is great, haven't had any problems so far. I am not pushing to the max (8k dpi or so) since it's just retarded, i have however set up 4 sensitivity levels and i switch them on the fly for different games and uses. Haven't really bothered to configure full profiles for each game or shit, don't really see a point in all that.

* The 1.5mm lift distance might be true, but the pointer does jump a little bit if you pick the mouse up and then drop it on the desk. It happens when you put it down though, so i suppose it actually comes from your hand moving a little bit since you aren't a robot that has a perfect vertical movement. I tend to play with higher sensitivity and not pick up the mouse, i use a very small tefflon pad too, the mouse performs very well for me. I am not sure if it will be that good for people who are "pro" and play on very low sensitivity with big arm movements and HUGE pads.

* The overall feel is good, not too plastic or too rubbery, kinda in between. It doesn't have a "cheap" feeling either but still compared to my Ikari or a Razer it looks somewhat lower grade. Not too much, nothing to fuss about, it's more like a ... feeling, dunno. All in all i am happy so far, here's to hoping (is that like jumping or the verb form of hope?) that it will last at least 2 years.
    --