Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrill View Post
    Let's measure my root duration: six seconds from Flurry, plus one second Shield Bash, two seconds from Bull's Charge, apply Hamstring, change to hammer, two seconds Backbreaker, one-ish from Earthshaker, six from Bolas, apply slow from Hammer Shock. Add four idle seconds in the chain so all abilities are more-or-less refreshed when the chain starts again

1. I read somewhere that until lvl 40 you can only put a max of 10 trait points in any line. I suppose you can put up to 20 until lvl 60?
    2. Can you equip the same weapons in both slots? Like say I want to run sword/pistol and sword/torch. What happens to sword cds?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    1. I read somewhere that until lvl 40 you can only put a max of 10 trait points in any line. I suppose you can put up to 20 until lvl 60?
    Yep - see here. Although at level 40 you will only have 30 trait points anyway, so 10 per line with 5 lines is not so restrictive.

2. Can you equip the same weapons in both slots? Like say I want to run sword/pistol and sword/torch. What happens to sword cds?
    If you want to use the same weapon in both weapon sets, then leave the corresponding "hand" in your other set empty. For example if you have a Sword/Focus and a BLANK/Torch, switching to the torch set will keep the sword in your main hand.

I don't know off the top of my head if the cooldowns reset or not, though.

Cool-down is on the skill and doesn't reset on weapon swap, so any skill on recharge in one weapon set would still be unavailable in the other. (source, also confirmed in beta)
    Last edited by Kismet; 07-08-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    No stone left unturned. No tree left unpruned.

It makes sense not to have cooldowns reset on weapon swap, you'd be able to do staff/staff for example and use the skills twice per cd which would surely unbalance things.

@screwie That limitation is not bad, although it prevents you from going into the juicier major traits even if you have the points to do so... or even to specialize.

Bah, now I have to plan 3 different trait builds for leveling

That combo tool site is brilliant sendmark. Been getting a good idea of how it all works now between classes.

Smoke Bomb + Blast Finisher (mass stealth) looks like it'll get some use.

Does anyone fancy making an Elementalist build thread by the way? (I would, but there's a restriction due to my post count and I don't want to make posts for the sake of it ).

Network Hub
    Now while I cannot confirm this I'm pretty sure this is real.
    When using a channeling ability you're supposedly able to use instant-cast abilities without breaking channel.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    Now while I cannot confirm this I'm pretty sure this is real.
    When using a channeling ability you're supposedly able to use instant-cast abilities without breaking channel.
    Depends on the spell, but things like warrior shouts do work with this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Saw this linked elsewhere, very in-depth guide to crafting
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    Thanks for posting this, Jockie. Will work my way through that guide during the next evenings.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    The guide doesn't say this, but don't pick cooking as your first crafting skill.

It will fill up your inventory with miniscule buffs and items that may or may not be useful in future recipes, and then leave you sad and penniless.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    The guide doesn't say this, but don't pick cooking as your first crafting skill.

It will fill up your inventory with miniscule buffs and items that may or may not be useful in future recipes, and then leave you sad and penniless.
    ...and in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post

*Goes to check the pantry* Good lord, you're right!

No danger there, I'm going to be polishing little shiny stones, my precioussss.

But the cookery profession looks too interesting to pass up! I am quite ruthless with my inventory, so I'm willing to give it a try anyway.

I'll spend my gold on bigger bags asap, of course.

Network Hub
    Why'd you have to go and link that? Up until I clicked that link, I was under the happy impression that GW2 crafting was basically just like any other MMO and I could just safely ignore it.

Now I'm going to have to, in addition to everything else I wanted to do in this game, train 2 crafting professions as I level. CURSE YOU ARENANET FOR MAKING TOO MANY FUN THINGS TO DO!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritashi View Post
    Why'd you have to go and link that? Up until I clicked that link, I was under the happy impression that GW2 crafting was basically just like any other MMO and I could just safely ignore it.

Now I'm going to have to, in addition to everything else I wanted to do in this game, train 2 crafting professions as I level. CURSE YOU ARENANET FOR MAKING TOO MANY FUN THINGS TO DO!
    The plus side is that both gathering and crafting gives you quite a lot of XP, which helps to smooth out the levelling process (which can otherwise see you not gaining enough XP in a single area to keep with the curve). So, you're welcome!
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

The plus side is that both gathering and crafting gives you quite a lot of XP, which helps to smooth out the levelling process (which can otherwise see you not gaining enough XP in a single area to keep with the curve). So, you're welcome!
    One must point out that only happens if you skip events and just do renown hearts, which kind of defeats the point of PVE.

But yes, crafting is p. awesome

There is an online GW2 manual on the official website!

So cool! Quite in-depth too. Very nice of ANet to put that together.

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I thought that it would be a good idea to remind everyone to represent the guild as soon as you are accepted into our ranks. We only gain influence for event participation and other activities if you represent the guild.

Influence is the resource which allows guilds to improve and extend their upgrades like guild vaults, research related bonuses, and other features and is earned by each and every guild member as they play the game (so even passively) with the guild tag out.

Since we'd like to quickly upgrade some key features of the guild, it would be best if we didn't miss out any influence that is available.
    Last edited by Squiz; 24-08-2012 at 01:41 PM.