Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Would this sunday evening make sense for a first rps NS2 session ?

Sounds good to me.

We'll try and use Mumble for our communication. I do like Steam voice chat but the lack of an overlay means it's hard to tell who is speaking.

So, Mumble. If you don't have it installed, there are detailed instructions here. PLEASE install and connect to Mumble, even if you don't have a microphone. It keeps the group together.

An extra installation step not mentioned on that page is adding NS2.exe to the overlay whitelist. To do this go to:

Configure > Settings > Overlay > Overlay Exceptions > Whitelist, then click 'Add'.

Find NS2.exe (usually at Steam\steamapps\common\natural selection 2\ns2.exe) and add it.

I also had an idea about how we can start. I'll host a private, passworded game on my machine and everyone should join that initially via the steam chat group. Latency might be high, but it won't matter too much since it will just be RPS folk in the server. We can practice stuff there, and people can ask questions about the game mechanics and things.

From there we can move into a public server and play a proper game, if needs be.
    Last edited by airtekh; 28-12-2012 at 01:36 PM.

So glad i check the forums and found out theres an rps group of N2 players, just picked up the game in the sale, adding myself to group, hope to catch a game with you guys and girls sometime
    Where you can find some of my mischief: http://karandraz.wordpress.com/

So we had our first RPS event. Great success! We had about 6 or 7 at one point and held at about 4 or 5 for a good hour.

Lots of skulks were shot, and marines savaged, and there were many insults made about the enemy team over Mumble. We also stumbled upon a team of would-be clanners and emerged victorious.

So when do we want the next event? Do we want to make this a weekly thing?

Yay, tonight was great indeed :)
    Hopefully next week will see even more people !

I actually like the sunday evening slot for a weekly session. Sure it's right before the week starts, so no gaming session until 2am, but it's pretty convenient as sunday evening is often spent at home mourning over the weekend being over.
    Any opinions ?

Sundays are fine for me.

By the way I just created a new discussion thread for us, I thought the title of this one is misleading since it doesn't mention the name of the game.

Also, all the useful links are at the start of thread, rather than in the middle.

Please use that thread for discussion instead.
    Last edited by airtekh; 31-12-2012 at 12:43 PM.