Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Network Hub

lead role workshop - WED AT 20:00 UK

We have been struggling a bit recently to get people to fill FTL, SL and CO roles on TTs and FS which has lead me to wonder if anyone would like the chance to have a bit of a practise/active discussion to find out what the roles entail and maybe to learn a bit about how they work?

If you think a session focussed at helping you with getting to grips with a lead role and realising that you won't have a negative impact on other peoples enjoyment, would be beneficial then post below.
    Last edited by Bodge; 08-08-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Obscure Node
    As a separate session? If so, what would it entail?

I'm always too chicken to take on a lead role, so I may well be interested.

Network Hub
    I _always_ feel like I'm doing it wrong. Always! So, yes. I wouldn't mind this.

Obscure Node
    I'd be down for this.

In yesterday's session I was SL twice (The second time around I ended up becoming the CO after he died, which wasn't great as there was very little left to gather up and we were all being wiped out! - Feruzablues mission)

It's hard stuff!

Network Hub
    I will draft up an itinerary of sorts. It will probably be broken up into three sections, one for each role. Quite how we run things depends on the number of people that turn up.

I would like to partake in this. I am never to sure about taking any role that is higher than FTL!

Never took a higher role than FTL in TT's, because yeah don't really know how to do it, and how much micromanagment is needed to be effective.
    Also, im frequently multitasking out of arma, and don't really concentrate on the game thats why I dont take higher roles, that happened last TT when I was FTL, so I was pretty quiet and not ordering the team around, they kinda just followed and died with me :D

Also always this happens - when someone else is FTLing and im a grunt - noone dies, we make out fine, tactical and shit. If im FTL - we all die horribly in the first engagement, hehe.
    Last edited by Halop; 08-08-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Obscure Node
    I certainly would be, especially for FTL.

I think it could be cool, one thing that would be awesome is if we could have some kind of CC etiquette, since there's so many of us these days squad leaders have to juggle too much comms chatter for comfort in my opinion.

@ Bodge - Might be worth connecting with comrade mingmong, who has already started drafting some thoughts on this topic (after making the same observation a few weeks ago). I'll try to chip in too, but have very limited access to the interwebs from the Summer Dacha (where I am absolutely not holidaying).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph-Sulphur View Post
    I think it could be cool, one thing that would be awesome is if we could have some kind of CC etiquette, since there's so many of us these days squad leaders have to juggle too much comms chatter for comfort in my opinion.
    This is basically why I hate commanding: I am mentally incapable of filtering all the information that is shouted trough there.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by fer View Post
    @ Bodge - Might be worth connecting with comrade mingmong, who has already started drafting some thoughts on this topic (after making the same observation a few weeks ago). I'll try to chip in too, but have very limited access to the interwebs from the Summer Dacha (where I am absolutely not holidaying).
    Will do, ta for the heads up.

Activated Node
    I'll help out with anything.

I'm at the summer dacha until next week sometime. However, I shall attempt to share some thoughts on leadership by the magic of Edge. Which is actually rather slow. And not at all magic, compared to 3G. Or WiFi. I blame the Party officials who selected rural France as the location of this secret summer base. But not too loudly. There are some Party officials that even a General Secretary is afraid of.

Comrades, I can't type for long - I've commandeered the WiFi of a local imperialist outpost (McDonald's) to post this:
    http://ferstaberinde.com/folk/forum/....php?f=6&t=454

Network Hub
    If people are around at about tomorrow we could do something before folk, maybe 6 ish for an hour and then a quick break before the session starts?

I'll most likely be there, I'll leave to go watch the Olympics closing ceremony though

I most likely won't be able to join in before folk, need to find some time to eat!

Network Hub
    If people are about afterwards, we could integrate it into an after session mission.

If not monday night would work for me.