Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Tiny Bang Story is 66% off at 2.38. Bit disappointed by the lack of indie packs but they may appear later on.

Banned
    Is borderlands goty worth $7.50?

I bought recettear for $5.

Thinking of buying old rockstar games like vice city and San andreas. I already own bully, that was fun

Quote Originally Posted by BenWah View Post
    I'd say yes. but you might wait for a second.
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I really like these 'summer camp activities' achievement things. They a) seem relatively gettable, b) have reminded me of some of the games I forgot I owned, and c) most importantly, give you actual content, free extra-levels and goodies for games you already own! Hello Defence Grid levels (and shiny space marine hat in DoW:2)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by imirk View Post
    I'd say yes. but you might wait for a second.
    What do you mean, why wait for a second? I think this sale runs out in a few hours

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
    Just bought THQ Hit Collection Pack for 50 €. Includes Company of Heroes, CoH: Opposing Fronts, Darksiders, Homefront, Metro 2033, MX vs ATV Reflex, Red Faction Guerrilla, STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, Saints Row 2, Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne, Warhammer 40K Dawn of War 2 vanilla, Chaos Rising and Retribution.

I'd say that's a decent deal at 77% off.
    THQ pack is always awesome. Pity I own pretty much all the games in it (only exceptions this time are Darksiders, Saints Row 2, MX vs ATC Reflex and Homefront.) This is the problem with most of the packs.

Particular games I'll be keeping an eye out for will be RUSE, Dead Rising 2 (a mate bought it in the recent weekend deal and has been raving,) Anno 1404 (although, it appears to have disappeared from Steam,) and Fallout 3. Sure there will be others cropping up along the way.

Edit: Oh, and Episodes from Liberty City is on my sale want list.

Yay, thanks for noticing Dreamfall, I was waiting for this game to be on sale literally for years!
    Anyways, I'm gonna wait for a daily deal on Fallout: NV, Battlefield: BC2 and (hopefully) Alpha Protocol and buy the crap out of them :)
    Testing 1 2 3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    As always, the THQ pack is the best deal.
    I either own most games on sale or I don't care about them. I also can't be arsed to complete the special achievements.
    Waiting for some DLC to go on sale then!

Absolutely!
    Testing 1 2 3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar

I bought recettear for $5.

Thinking of buying old rockstar games like vice city and San andreas. I already own bully, that was fun
    Borderlands is a good time. Played with a friend (or more, of course) it's an absolutely great time.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    How about Hinterland for $2.50? It had some decent RPS coverage a few years back. Worth it?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    How about Hinterland for $2.50? It had some decent RPS coverage a few years back. Worth it?
    Bought it. I'll let you know.

EDIT: Worth it. So worth it.
    Last edited by outoffeelinsobad; 01-07-2011 at 01:54 AM.

Network Hub
    Procured:

Witcher 2
    Nation Red (demo was awesome)
    Winter Voices
    Drakensang
    Bit.Trip RUNNER
    Star Ruler
    and Solar 2 (damn you TB)

People: Sell me on Serious Sam HD. I'm tempted, but I already have the originals from GoG.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    People: Sell me on Serious Sam HD. I'm tempted, but I already have the originals from GoG.
    They're really just the games you already have, but 3D and hi res. Whether they're worth your while is strictly a product of how much you care about the graphics.

I have the bit trip games on the wii and they are rather excellent, runner being the best one. I don't know how the ports are but I can imagine that beat (being kind of like pong vs a shump) is significantly easier with a mouse than it was on the wii (if it does have mouse control that is).

a few indie games that might not get much of a mention elsewhere but are well worth the time.
    Caster 0.80 its an action game with a few mods here and there, kind of short but a blast.
    Altitude 3.49, its my online drug of choice and unlike other online indie games it isn't dead.
    Saira 2, not as good as the other games from the same dev but still good fun.
    The maw 2.24, fun but a bit on the easy side, kids might like it.
    Aquaria 3.75, I paid full price for this back when it was released and its not often I will do that for any game be it an indie or AAA title, one of the top metroid style games I have ever played.
    Beat hazard 3.49 is great as long as you don't mind the inevitable side effect of your eyeballs melting after playing it.

Super meat boy, sanctum, vvvvv and trine (by 1p) are all cheaper on green man gaming.

Looking at the sale on the whole though I am kind of disappointed tbh, steam usually knocks the prices right down for the mega sales but a lot of the games have been cheaper on other sites recently.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I really don't understand Dreamfall's continued absence from GOG. TLJ's been on there forever.
    Well, TLJ was entirely self-published by Funcom, while Dreamfall was published by Aspyr Media in North America, Micro Application in Europe, Australasia and French Canada, Empire Interactive (now defunct) in the UK and Funcom themselves in Nordic Europe, South America and Asia. Putting it on GOG would probably require agreements from Funcom, Aspyr and Micro Application, since GOG isn't really set up to region-restrict.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by outoffeelinsobad View Post
    Bought it. I'll let you know.

EDIT: Worth it. So worth it.
    I was about to respond with "hurry" but here you are. Holy shmoley that's a quick answer.

Quote Originally Posted by thegooseking View Post
    Well, TLJ was entirely self-published by Funcom, while Dreamfall was published by Aspyr Media in North America, Micro Application in Europe, Australasia and French Canada, Empire Interactive (now defunct) in the UK and Funcom themselves in Nordic Europe, South America and Asia. Putting it on GOG would probably require agreements from Funcom, Aspyr and Micro Application, since GOG isn't really set up to region-restrict.
    That would, indeed, explain it. Thanks.

Guess I'll just pick it up off Steam then, can always grab it again on GOG if it turns up there later.

Banned
    Civ IV complete went 75% off on gamersgate today, so probably will be on the steam sale soon for a similarly crazy discount.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    Anyone played the bit.trip games? Are they worth $2.50 (75% off)?
    Runner is definitely worth it IMO, great little game. Beat too, if you're interested in it, though it doesn't do as much for me as Runner.