Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    I don't know if Magicka is unoptimised per se, but the XNA framework doesn't play nice with certain integrated graphics cards, which might be the source of your problems. Have you tried playing it in windowed mode?
    I'll grab it and have a go! Either way, I'm planning to build myself a desktop when I have a more permanent abode and income this winter. So I'll surely end up playing at some point.

Network Hub
    On the fence about Bad Company 2 and Vietnam. How are the single player campaigns? I couldn't give a toss about if the multiplayer is any good, I very rarely jump into competitive FPSes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    On the fence about Bad Company 2 and Vietnam. How are the single player campaigns? I couldn't give a toss about if the multiplayer is any good, I very rarely jump into competitive FPSes.
    There is no single player for Vietnam.

The single player for BC2 is mediocre.

Bottom line: if you're not gonna play multiplayer, stay away!

Network Hub
    Alright, cheers.

Network Hub
    What happens if you spend your tickets on a game you don't have? lol

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Well bugger, Torchlight is a quid cheaper than what I paid for it and it's on Steam. That'll learn me good!

Arma 2 seems like an odd choice considering that's going Free To Play.

Tropico 3 will surely get a lot of people and Transformers: War For Cybertron, seems to be the other good pick. OP update incoming.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Torchlight -80%
    Tropico 3 -75%

That's about it. I'd like to try Two Worlds II, but even at -66% it's still a bit much, given its alleged hit-and-miss quality. Good deal on Assassin's Creed 2, but it too needs to drop even further to make up for the DRM.

Oh! And cleverly hidden behind a "Dragon Age II" graphic:
    Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition -66%

Any thoughts on Defense Grid: The Awakening?
    Last edited by TillEulenspiegel; 03-07-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TillEulenspiegel View Post
    Any thoughts on Defense Grid: The Awakening?
    Also eyeing this one up myself... although, for £1.74 what is there to really think about?!

nice graphics, varied maps, good length campaign, fun to replay levels, the best tower defense game around imo. and the map packs are less than a pound for four or free if you have the tickets for it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Arma 2 seems like an odd choice considering that's going Free To Play.
    People who enjoy playing on the RPS free server should def. get ARMA Combined Ops to enjoy all the possibilities of ARPS tacticoolness.

Network Hub
    Defence Grid is well worth it. Trust me, I'm not a huge fan of TD games and I still enjoyed it. It just feels so right.

I'm going to grab War for Cybertron, and I'm on the fence about ARMA II. Single-player verdicts again, please.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    To be fair, it does say franchise sale over Dragon Age 2.

The DRM for AC2 was mostly removed. You need to be online to activate it, but after that it's good to go. From what I've read around anyhow.

I'd be interesting in hearing about Transformers, but nothing else interests me today.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

If I get something from the prize booth with my tickets, will I lose the tickets in my grand prize giveaway jar?

Network Hub
    Anyone here tried Two Worlds II? I remember hearing that the first one was pretty god awful, but that the 2nd was an improvement... What I'm interested in knowing is whether or not its enough of an improvement from god awful to actually be counted as good/worthwhile?

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    If I get something from the prize booth with my tickets, will I lose my tickets in the grand prize giveaway jar?
    Nope, that would suck.

Network Hub
    Re: Assassin's Creed 2 DRM, you just have to be online when you launch the game now. Likewise with Brotherhood, I believe. So that's not actually too bad since you don't lose progress when your connection drops now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Defence Grid is well worth it. Trust me, I'm not a huge fan of TD games and I still enjoyed it. It just feels so right.

I'm going to grab War for Cybertron, and I'm on the fence about ARMA II. Single-player verdicts again, please.

I enjoyed Transformers when it came out. Multiplayer is interesting your load-out and bot-design.

Singleplayer was okay, but the maps are horribly, horribly linear, even though the architecture of the city itself was quite lovely.

It's an enjoyable if short-lived game. There's been better shooters, but then, there's been a LOT worse shooters. Definitely a recommendation for "Yeah, get it cheap" - I don't regret my purchase last year, but it wasn't really worth the money.
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Nope, that would suck.
    Great stuff, cheers for clarifying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Anyone here tried Two Worlds II? I remember hearing that the first one was pretty god awful, but that the 2nd was an improvement... What I'm interested in knowing is whether or not its enough of an improvement from god awful to actually be counted as good/worthwhile?
    It's an ok rpg. Much better than the first one. At first it seems to be huge but falls a bit short at the end of its storyline. At that price it's a good value.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I only play ARMA II in singleplayer and I love it. It's gorgeous, the missions are good and I like the freedom of cruising around the country, talking to people, gathering information about my mission... It feels real.

Transformers is a competent shooter with a couple of fun gimmicks and excellent production values. It has coop and people still play it in multiplayer. I saw the new TF movie yesterday, and now I grabbed a Steam copy of the game too.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    The DRM for AC2 was mostly removed. You need to be online to activate it, but after that it's good to go. From what I've read around anyhow.
    From what I've heard, it still requires "activation" every time you run the game.

So in my mind, it gets filed alongside games with a SecuROM-style activation limit, as something I'm just renting ("UBISOFT MAY CANCEL ACCESS TO ONE OR MORE SPECIFIC ONLINE FEATURES UPON A 30-DAY PRIOR NOTICE PUBLISHED"), and I wouldn't pay more than $5 for that.
    Last edited by TillEulenspiegel; 03-07-2011 at 06:51 PM.