Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Rise of the Argonauts, cool KOTOR game.

I just completed Rise of the Argonauts and want to share the love.

Rise is like a KOTOR game, your ship in a KOTOR game is here the ship Argos. Like in Mass Effect 2, here you go from town to town (planet to planet) hiring companions and solving the town problems. Its slightly more simplified than a KOTOR game, because theres not much inventory management... here it feels somewhat like a God of War game.

The game is somewhat sort, and is a port from consoles, but is playable with keyboard or control pad. Perhaps the characters are a bit chatty, but you will love it if you like the greek mythos (and you don't care about artistic licenses).

I played the last third of the game streaming it to my iPad using Splashtop and a xbox control pad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I believe I got somewhat excited about this game because the trailers looks pretty cool, then somehow the game vanished from the radar completely.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Been out a while. Got it in a Steam sale about two or three years ago. It's actually rather good for an action RPG; dunno why it never made much of a splash.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Because it's a repetitive, bland and unfinished turd of a game. I was very excited for it because the combat and dialogue systems seemed nice at the time. I abandoned it after five hours, especially thanks to the shit level design (on par with other UE3 hits like Legendary or Damnation) and to the mind-numbing combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    I just completed Rise of the Argonauts and want to share the love.

Rise is like a KOTOR game, your ship in a KOTOR game is here the ship Argos. Like in Mass Effect 2, here you go from town to town (planet to planet) hiring companions and solving the town problems. Its slightly more simplified than a KOTOR game, because theres not much inventory management... here it feels somewhat like a God of War game.

The game is somewhat sort, and is a port from consoles, but is playable with keyboard or control pad. Perhaps the characters are a bit chatty, but you will love it if you like the greek mythos (and you don't care about artistic licenses).

I played the last third of the game streaming it to my iPad using Splashtop and a xbox control pad.
    A lot of the cool stuff from those trailers got cut and the game was rushed out unfinished.

KOTOR is Knights of the Old Republic, right?

When did that become a genre?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlander View Post
    KOTOR is Knights of the Old Republic, right?

When did that become a genre?
    Since Mass Effect, I think. ME being a "clone" of the gameplay of kotor, and perhaps Jade empire, another clone of that gameplay, with different story and other stuff.