Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar

Unsettling Coincidences

You're welcome to post any unsettling coincidences here for all to enjoy. I will relate the one that caused me to make this thread =P

About two minutes ago, I was skimming through the Wot I Think about Dawnguard article, and reading all the comments about Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind.

Immediately after reading that article, I decided to read a The Bible and then go to bed. Opened a new tab for Biblegateway.com, typed in a completely arbitrary book and chapter (John 5) and landed on this verse:

Quote Originally Posted by John 5:1-2
    Some time later, Jesus went up to Jerusalem for one of the Jewish festivals. 2 Now there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool, which in Aramaic is called Bethesda
    Upon the reading of which, I became mildly unsettled, and came back here to tell you about it. Now you know!
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Yesterday, I retrieved two books I'd lent to a friend to read, these books being Dune and Dune Messiah. I put them in the back of my car and got in to start the 10 minute drive home. I put my Mp3 player of shuffle and the two songs that played as I drove home was firstly Iron Maidens "To Tame a Land" and the second was Black Sun Empires "Arrakis". The odd thing is, these are the only two songs I have that are based on the Dune universe. Wierd......

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    Upon the reading of which, I became mildly unsettled, and came back here to tell you about it. Now you know!
    Bethesda Softworks is named after Bethesda, Maryland, which is itself named after Jerusalem's Pool of Bethesda.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    While I was bleeding the unknown horror of the abyss from my body with leeches, one of the leeches dropped off, normally this means they are full and I went to put it back in the storage tub I keep them in. But before I could grasp it the leech exploded to the noise sonic makes in Sonic 2 when he loses all his coins. I blacked out and came too on a bus in a wetsuit filled with chicken livers underneath a business suit which in its breast pocket had photo ID of myself dated 5 years in the future.

Unsettling.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 09-08-2012 at 12:53 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Bethesda Softworks is named after Bethesda, Maryland, which is itself named after Jerusalem's Pool of Bethesda.
    I wasn't surprised by the existence of two things named "Bethesda" =P I was surprised by the amount of things about Bethesdas I ended up accidentally reading in sequence.

(I didn't know about Bethesda, Maryland though)

@Heliocentric: Unsettling indeed. o_o Sonic 2? What could it mean?
    Probably just a coincidence.
    Last edited by Berzee; 09-08-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Many years ago I was riding along in a van and was trying to remember the word for finding something fortuitously when another van with Serendipity Courier painted on the side drove by.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    When I was going down to the town centre I had Hello by Lionel Ritchie stuck in my head, a charity worker came up to me and actually sang Hello is it me your looking for. It was freaky!

A lot of things happened almost exactly like what I've dreamt. Deja vu, I guess
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I put my Mp3 player of shuffle and the two songs that played as I drove home was firstly Iron Maidens "To Tame a Land
    One of my favourite songs by my favourite band, that. Have you heard the Dream Theater cover? Its not half bad.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

A friend of mine just found my signature a piece of paperwork at her workplace in Finland.

Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    One of my favourite songs by my favourite band, that.
    Absolutely agree with you there

Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    Have you heard the Dream Theater cover? Its not half bad.
    Really not a fan of Dream Theater and every Maiden cover I've heard has been less than stellar...or at least nowhere near as good as the original making them rather pointless!

One of my favourite songs
    Absolutely agree with you there
    *ANOTHER* unsettling coincidence!!! D:
    :D

I once went to a Wendy's in Long Island and ordered a Baconator. After I paid, I looked back and noticed that the person in line behind me was Kevin Bacon.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    More a delightful coincidence than unsettling, was reading some of the IDW Transformers comics on my Android phone and there was a part where Rodimus acquired the matrix of leadership. And some Stan Bush from the original Transformers animated movie soundtrack came up in my playlist at exactly that time, just as it did in the animated movie when Rodimus used the matrix.

Yes, I'm enough of a Transformers fan to both be reading the comics and have a song on my phone, but I have hundreds of songs on my phone and read hundreds of comics, and don't normally listen to music, and Rodimus and the matrix aren't on every page dang it.

You got the touch

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    You got the touch
    Obligatory.