Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

New Counter Strike

I saw on steam that you can already pre-order new CS,so i'm interested to hear from those who played it,what kind of improvements are there,compared to previous Counter Strike games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Typical server browser gameplay is pretty much the same, little more than CS:S with a new coat of paint.

There's a new matchmaking system for much quicker 5v5 games in smaller maps and some quirky rules, but I don't expect it to be played much once the novelty has worn off.

How does it play,is it more like original one or source,or something completely new ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Source, mostly. I didn't play Source much (could almost say "at all"), but from what little I know and what I've heard, it's pretty much Source with ridiculously low recoil; or so people say.

It started life as a xbox 360 port of CS:S, and now it feels like an Xbox 360 'version' of CS:S. It's not terrible, but I don't really see why PC gamers would really have much interest in it. Then again, I'm not a hardcore CS player or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Source, mostly. I didn't play Source much (could almost say "at all"), but from what little I know and what I've heard, it's pretty much Source with ridiculously low recoil; or so people say.
    Well, that's nice to hear...I think the main thing holding the series back from actually being fun for newer players is the ridiculously arcane recoil system. Pretty much half of player skill goes into learning how to deal with that alongside the movement system.

I also really hope that they did some serious fixes to weapon balance...the Deagle/AWP/AK or M4 trinity is old as CS itself but it's just really dull now...all the other weapons paled in comparison to those in terms of, well, everything.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Am I imagining things or was this originally slated to be free to play?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Rumored to be, from what I remember. I think it was announced not too long after TF2 went free-to-play. Wouldn't be surprised to see it go that way after sales begin to dry up -- maybe next summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Haxavier View Post
    Well, that's nice to hear...I think the main thing holding the series back from actually being fun for newer players is the ridiculously arcane recoil system. Pretty much half of player skill goes into learning how to deal with that alongside the movement system.

I also really hope that they did some serious fixes to weapon balance...the Deagle/AWP/AK or M4 trinity is old as CS itself but it's just really dull now...all the other weapons paled in comparison to those in terms of, well, everything.

I think that makes Counter Strike games special,the step learning curve if you want to be at least decent in game,unlike in newer multiplayer games.

Otherwise i already saw people owning with MP5,and all other lower weapons that are not AK/M4. Now AWP is another story,it should be totally removed from the game,in my humble opinion. But it usually is removed from servers lol,i can't give a crap about it because i'm scout lover :$
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 08-08-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Network Hub
    It's shit, most people think so and when it's released it'll be a massive failure like CZ was. Valve know it isn't a full title and why it's only 10 but don't expect any thing from it as it's pretty much CS but worse so why not carry on playing CS if you like it?

Whats even the point in making this game then,damn valve.. It really irritate me because they could focus instead on new HALF LIFE game,or even make CS 2,with Source Engine 2,or i don't know,something thats good to play..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Isn't Counterstrike another e-sport that like starcraft and moba attracts a certain type of people?
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Used to play Clan level CS back in the day but long ago moved on from that. I was faintly interested in this, but it looks kind of shonky truth be told. The main problem with CS is that to get good/competitive at it really requires a fair amount of dedication and stepping off the treadmill for any amount of time is hugely detrimental to your game. I think retaining that sharpness is by on large what kept the competitive gaming scene from moving off 1.6 to CS:S and why CS:GO is probably not going to set the world alight. If anything I suspect CS:S will witness a massive dropoff, but 1.6 will carry on as before.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Meh, I'll get it. It looks a little average but a change is as good as a holiday. Will have to go play some assault with the Mac 10 or shotty, thats the best way to forget the M4/AK/Awp. I prefer the SMGs, the p90 and MP5 are fun to play

I've only played CS1.6, but I'm debating whether CSGO will be worth the $15 either way. CS1.6 was way too simple for me. The only hills to climb are learning to "tap" your opponent and master the recoil system. On top of that, the maps are ridiculously small. Pretty much every one I played on was the size of Nuketown-ish, and I just don't like feeling that crowded.

That, and since people were talking about the recoil, vast amounts of recoil aren't always "realistic". After using a gun for so long, don't you start to auto-adjust against the recoil?

Ultimately, unless a lot has changed, I probably am not getting it.

Obscure Node
    That will be okay, I guess...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Will wait to see if this game enjoys higher player count.

I recall that owing to stupid MS policy, Xbox players might be ostracized to play in their own room. Is that still not resolved?

Remember, this will be the second Playstation game with native mouse+keyboard support. Oh yeah. We will equally well opponents to play with.

I've pre-ordered, though I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking. Valve basically said (well, chet said) that the aim was to take best of 1.6 + Source and hope GO can kinda unite those 2 player bases. Think that's probably asking a lot though.

They did admit that Source was rushed (DoD:S was the same).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Could have sworn this was going to be an F2P game.

Ah well, I dicked around a bit in the beta. I've been playing CS on and off since the pre 1.6 days, and this definitely feels like a CS game. For all the good and bad that implies (I REALLY hate games with blatant firecones).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Activated Node
    I used to play CS quite a lot , and I some CS:Source as well.

I got into beta of CS:GO , like 2 months ago.

Honestly , you have to try very hard to notice difference between Source and Go. Its like bit facelift to menus , bit more detail on the maps (they look bit different but are the same maps) and new weapon which is Molotov cocktail.

The whole deal made sense when they were saying its going to be free like TF2.

Now, I dont see reason to buy it , if you own Source. Its not going to win new crowd, and old crowd will not find reason to move over.

Valve...reminds me of a L4D2 dumbass move of making same game with some improvements and than selling it as new game while old game is still hot from oven....

But I guess Valve has so much money they dont care ;)