Jarvis:- Lanka
    Rotekin:- T'ien Chi

Team: almost but not quite
    Sarigs:- Himmon
    Lasikbear:-Tir na n'Og

Team: squashed like a bug

Wedge :- Pangaea

Nullkigan:-Marverni

Edited info in at sarigs reasonable request, I may have made some slight changes to his suggestions.

Alright as the only current game's in it's middle to late stages lets get started on setting up a new one.

As per the Noobs Reloaded thread I'm taking the proposal to use the forbidden friendship mod from here:-

http://www.proactiveapathy.com/dom3/mods/mods.html

The other suggestion was to make this a team game with teams of 2.

I'm llama server has a list of generated maps, alternately we'd generate a few maps again and pick one but this time I'd like to take the time in an editor and map the game generated map wrap around for the increased tension of no one having safe corners to hide in.

http://www.llamaserver.net/createGame.cgi

For game settings:-

What era shall we use, I've not preference right now.
    How strong are the independents 1-4 is weak, 5-6 is average, 7-9 is tough. 10 is brutal.:-
    5 is default and seems good enough.

Score graphs on or off? Score graphs will let players see how many territories, armies, dominion, etc. their opponents have:- I'd prefer to have the graphs off.

Map size if making a random map, or agree on a pre-built map. Average map size is 10-15 provinces per player. The more provinces per player, the longer a player will generally have before they have to fight against a human opponent:-

I'd say 12 seems a good amount

Faction pick i'm suggesting we once again make a list of our 3 (4 if it's a larger group) preferred nations and have them sent off to a neutral person or just RNG - everyone gets their top pick unless there's a clash then one person gets the nation and the others drop to their next choice

Should communication between players be limited to using the in game text service only, or are all forms of communication permitted? :-

Both have been interesting but I'd suggest allowing all forms to allow team mates to swap maps and easily discuss strategy.

Are treaties binding, or are players permitted to lie their way to the top? Generally, treaties should be nonbinding, but some new players have an easier time when they know that they can ally with a more experienced player and not be backstabbed until such time as the treaty expires:-

Definitely non-binding given you already have a partner to co-operate with.

Should there be additional AI factions to complement the number of human factions?

I'm thinking perhaps 1 AI per team in the game, we've consistently hit spacing problems with capital placement even with what should be a generous amount of room of 12 provinces.

What is the turn limit? If you don't set a turn limit, there will be people who will never complete their turns. Some games permit a week limit. I find that 3 days is usually the best time, as it's guaranteed that every game will have at least one player who will always take the maximum amount of time allowed:-

I'm happy for shorter games but don't want to freeze out anyone due to time constraints so long as things do move - I'm hoping for an epic brawl this time.

Team selection:-

We can put everyone's name to be put in a hat and drawn teams.

We can gather self-proclaimed experienced and experienced players together for mentor-ship teams.

Or just talk to each other and pick partners.

Here's a link to Innocent's guide to hosting for reference.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...4&d=1326872790
    Last edited by Jarvis; 25-10-2012 at 07:20 PM.

In. Shame we can't get one of the hivemind to diary up a game. Warlock: Master of the Arcane was the kids pool!

Era: Early
    Indie Strength: 5 (default)
    Graphs: On
    Map: 15. Look at llamaserver etc after we have a playercount. I'd rather make a custom one so we don't have e.g. a team of giants starting side-by-side whilst everyone else is spread out.
    World Wrap: No prefence.
    Factions: We each pick two nations. We each then get a team mate. Each team is randomly assigned two pairings and must pick one. AI gets leftovers only.
    Communication: All forms. Trying to keep track of a single message every three days is hard.
    AI Players: 1 for every 2 humans.
    Time Limit: 2-3 days, stretching to 4-5 after turn twenty or so. Three days can be difficult once you have a lot to think about.
    Team Selection: No preference. As I've won a game, I guess I technically count as 'experienced'.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Basically just copying Nulks post and changing where I see fit.

Era: Early or middle
    Indie Strength: 5 (default)
    Map: 15
    World Wrap: No prefence.
    Factions: Pick 3 (think two is too low)
    Communication: All forms, but in game messages encouraged
    AI Players: 1 for every 2 humans seems reasonable.
    Time Limit: 2 days, stretching to 3-4 after turn twenty
    Team Selection: random

Also would like to add Hall of Fame 15

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hey up, is this a case of moding OR being a team game?

I'd be up for a team game but not tried modding yet :-)
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

Think we are using the mod and hoping to make teams.

Its super easy to add mods, you just put the mod's directory in the mod folder, then in game go to options -> mod preferences and turn it on before you create your pretender. Done. You can still play other games too, turning a mod on/off just affects newly created games.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Okie doke I'm in then: Choices below:

Era: Ea​rly
    Indie Strength: 6
    Graphs: Off
    Map: 15+ Bigger is better especially if we're doing teams.
    World Wrap: WRAPPED FTW
    Factions: No preferences here but what ever happens I'd like to see the teams worked out first so the teams can discuss their choice and form some kind of strategy. Or just random everyone and make them lump it.
    Communication: I'd like to see all forms between team mates but in game for inter-team diplomacy. Would allow people to work out tactics etc but keep the delay between enemys in place. Personally I like the delay were emissaries are sent on, where you have to plan offers and tactics a few turns ahead rather then instant.
    AI Players: 1 for every 2 humans. Seems legit
    Time Limit: 2 initially till about turn 15 then knocking it up to somewhere in the region of 3-4 days. (Frankly waiting 5 days would be a major pain but then I'm just impatient!)
    Team Selection: Depending on if there's enough people who have played together and want to team up I'd suggest letting people choice otherwise random.
    Waraura

Network Hub
    Perhaps pick teams, the teams then select 3 pairings and those pairings get picked at random.

Network Hub
    I'd be interested in playing. Haven't played multiplayer before.

Era: Middle
    Indie Strength: 5
    Map: 12
    World Wrap: Don't mind
    Factions: Teams worked out first.
    Communication: All forms. Possibly an IRC channel for a meeting place would be good.
    AI Players: Don't mind
    Time limit: Don't mind
    Team selection: Random

Network Hub
    So we've got enough for 3 teams and it's been long enough on the front page that we should make a start.

Anyone got a preference about who they partner with or shall we randomize?

piogau88 is a spammer, not sure if you counted him in that

Network Hub
    Gah, sadly I did it's a reasonable enough line, which I see was taken from sarig's post.

Yeah, hate when they do that.

For y'alls planning pleasure, the online mod viewer for a few parts of the mod we will be using:
    CBM
    AwesomeGods and AwesomeEndgame

No one has uploaded FF to the mod inspector, but its basically those guys mashed together and made to work. You can try viewing them all at once here but it doesn't work exactly right (FF makes sure they are compatible, doing it this way doesn't). Here is the vanilla version if you would like to have that as well.

This should let you see most of the changes that have been made by the mods and think about all the nice things you might someday get to have before you are killed and eaten by skinshifters.

Possibly an IRC channel for a meeting place would be good.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    oO

Oh gods they're multiplying. Kill it with fire :-/ Also any news on a final member, might be worth poking Wedge or The_Innocent to see if they'd be up for it as they're both Dom3 players
    Waraura

Well I guess this does give us two AI's who are interested

turning a mod on/off just affects newly created games.

turning a mod on/off just affects newly created games.

Network Hub
    Bumping this back to the first page, Rotekin are you still around? I don't think you were one of the bots since your post didn't look like it came from one of the other threads.

Obscure Node
    Assuming I can find my instruction manual, I'd be willing. It's been a long time since I played, though.

Network Hub
    Excellent that should make a full 3 teams, could you vote on your preferences please.

http://dom3.servegame.com/wiki/Main_Page The wiki here's got quite a bit of info and of course you'll have a team mate to discuss things with.