Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Yes, I'm still around. Although since I'm playing in the same SI game as you, I guess you've worked that out at this point.

Thanks for considering me, but I'm hella busy recently, and I'm already hosting two games. Please think of me the next time you need someone though! And if you ever need anyone to pick factions, I'm always happy to help out!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So what's current state of play here lads? :-)
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

Network Hub
    Ideally Tam-Lin should vote and then we need to collect up the results and see which options win. I suppose we could work out which options already have the needed majority to simplify things.

Tam-Lin, I have the PDF of the manual on my home computer, I can upload it/send it somewhere on Sunday (I am traveling atm).

Also really the best way to remember how to play is to read the LP's (thats the only way I know anything). They tend to address all the things the manual forgets and remind you of stuff that is easy to miss.

Either the classic straightforward one: http://lparchive.org/Dominions-3/

Or the ongoing one from every players perspective: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...0&pagenumber=1

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    Thanks for considering me, but I'm hella busy recently, and I'm already hosting two games. Please think of me the next time you need someone though! And if you ever need anyone to pick factions, I'm always happy to help out!
    Okay we may well poke you for faction selection again not sure yet.

We're waiting for Tam-lin's votes, in the meantime can everyone including Tam-lin pm me their email address.

I'll set up the dropbox and generate say 5 maps based on 6 people for people to vote on.

Once i've got everyone invited and voting on the maps i'll take the recruiting status off the thread but until then we've still got room for 2 more people to join at the same time.

Activated Node
    I'm in if you still have room.

Network Hub
    You'd put us back to odd numbers again wedge but there's room if someone else drops out joins in.

So put in your votes for settings and go recruit someone else :-)

Network Hub
    I've send a reminder pm to Nullkigan and Tam-lin so if either don't reply in a few more days then your in wedge99.

I figured you had my email from last time.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    I figured you had my email from last time.
    This is probably true but i'm also using it as a way of checking eveyone's still interested.

So both CBM and Awesome Gods just got updated yesterday. Hopefully a new version of Forbidden Friendship will be coming soon too.

Major changes in AG are based around the idea of:

"Rainbows get few starting paths, at low levels, with magicboost to make their innates higher, making them good casters, bad blessers.
    Magical beasts are the inverse, having high bless paths but penalties to casting.
    Titans are opposite in another way, having very high innate real paths, but having very high path cost, making it difficult for them to go outside their nature."

Basically magicboost ups paths for casting, but not for blessing. Also means if you empower a path you have zero in you get boosted as well. Negative magic boos does the oppsite, nice big bless but shitty casting.

Network Hub
    Cool, hopefully by the time we're ready to start the mods'll have been updated.

FF is waiting on a bunch of games to end before updating, and AG apparently is buggy until NinjaDebugger gets a chance to remove old age from a huge bunch of chasses. The changes do sound good.

... yes, I read that thread too. Haven't signed up for the GGS yet though.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    Haven't signed up for the GGS yet though.
    Yeah, I'm not an SA member so it would also result in my having paid 65 total just to play Dom3...

Network Hub
    Sarigs, you need to clear some space in your inbox.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've done it now mate, saw the error message come up
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

Network Hub
    I thought I'd prod the thread so see what the situation is at the moment.

Network Hub
    Okay I had a pm from Tam-lin last night with his email and abstaining from the voteing.

I'll count any abstains as a vote for default and that puts the settings at:-

Era:- 2 straight early, 1 straight middle, 1 abstain, 1 early/middle and I'll support early so Early Era it is.

Independents:- 5 votes for the default 5

Score graphs:- 2 vote off, 4 vote on so they're on

Map size:- 3 for 15, 2 for 12 and 1 tam-lin's abstain (the default small map is 12 medium is 15) so map size 15

Factions:- 1 abstain, 3 for working teams out first.

Picking method:- 3 abstain, I read laiskbear as supporting Nulkigan's method which got partly outvoted so it doesn't read correctly anymore. See end of message.

Comms:- all forms between team mates.

Nulks, myself and rotekian I read as supporting all forms outright While Lasikbear only encourages ingame use so all forms are legit.

As an addendum to this though I'd like teams to share one password for their nations to allow the possibility of your teammate taking your turn if needed, this would also potentially allows people to directly view their teammates map for practicality's sake i'd like to formally allow this.

AI:- 4 votes for 1 AI per 2 humans and so that's a yes but see the end of this message.

Time limit:- 2 abstain, 4 votes for 4 day turn over long term, 2 day turn over short term. 2 of those 4 set the turn the limit changes as turn 20 and i'll support that.

Team selection:- 3 random, 2 abstain and i'll support the random. But see the next bit.

Hall of fame :- 15

Okay we've got 3 teams and wedge99 is the odd man out, I seems a shame to exclude him so If he want's I'd like to offer him the chance to be in a team of his own, as partial compensation he'd get first pick of nation outside of other peoples randomization.

After wedge99 has picked his nation (if he does) then most things I can think of seem a bit complicated so instead we get The Innocent to randomly put us in order and we just pick our nation, you can of course discuss your options with your team mate.

Next step then is having The Innocent telling us who's paired with who and the order we pick nations in.

You'll also soon recieve dropbox invites and i'll make the maps when I know if Wedge99 wants to join on his own or not.
    Last edited by Jarvis; 10-09-2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Because Lasikbear is right

Hall of Fame 15! No one voted against it!

Edit: I also feel that team names should be mandatory and thematic
    Last edited by lasikbear; 10-09-2012 at 07:07 PM.