Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Don't see why not.

Activated Node
    Kailasa then. I don't know the mod at all, so I guess it doesn't matter to me. I'll be a mercenary for hire or something fun :).

Network Hub
    I believe the majority of nation related things are the same, changes are to the gods themselves giving a power boost and messing around with the spells and items.

Kailasa it is then, that makes us natural enemies in game.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
    I believe the majority of nation related things are the same, changes are to the gods themselves giving a power boost and messing around with the spells and items.

Kailasa it is then, that makes us natural enemies in game.
    Monkeys don't have enemies, we are beloved among the worlds nations and should be protected :-)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge99 View Post
    Monkeys don't have enemies, we are beloved among the worlds nations and should be protected :-)
    Sorry I misspoke, your nation are my nations natural slaves. A few of your ilk don't seem realize this and often consider us enemies.

I had a long post going over the relative merits of each nation, pointing out I'd done half of them at once in my last game (nobody ever saw more than a handful of my demonic hordes, and I never really used my glamour raiders, but that is BESIDES THE POINT), then dismissing more blood and aquatic nations as being unfun.

The final conclusion was ---

Oh hey, there's a restore autosaved content button down there. What the hell does that do?

--

I've already done the were-beasts AND glamour raiders gimmicks, at the same time. I could go for a blood nation, but on a larger game the micro would kill me. And, again, been there done that (though nobody saw more than a handful of my hellbeasts).

That leaves ... Frost giants? Amazon lizard riders? Deformed giants? Underground giants! Water nations! Rome, Greece, China, Germany? Magma men? Lightning birds? Swamp lizards without a real swamp? Japanese Demons?

Plenty of choice.

So I thought I'd go for what regularly wins the worst nation award:

Marverni.

Saxton Hale is going to bare-chestedly wrestle some monkeys.

(Or probably not, is that stuff still funny?)

Wedge :- Kailasa
    Jarvis:- Lanka
    Nullkigan:-Marverni
    Sarigs:-
    Tam-Lin:-
    Lasikbear:-
    Rotekin:-
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Network Hub
    I'm going to be on holiday next week. I'm not sure if it'll matter, but I might as well forewarn you now in case I don't have any 'net access.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ha zar! Sorry for the delay, Ummm I'm gonna try Himmon if they've not been picked!
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

So, anyone want to place odds on Niefelheim and Mictlan NOT making two of the last three?

I promise I'm not picking either of them!

(though if the game was MA I was going to go triple bless eagle warrior Mictlan)

Network Hub
    I'm also not picking either of them. So the odds are actually quite good, although one of them could still be on the table. We won't know until Tam-Lin's pick.

Network Hub
    The odds are quite good now that you should get your pick rotekian, if you wouldn't mind making your nation and emailing it to me please in case you've not got your net access next week. Also email me the password you want us to use on our nations.

And everyone should remember that you need the mod enabled when you make your nation.

Obscure Node
    Hi, everyone. I'm going to have to withdraw.

I'm incredibly sorry, but I had sinus surgery last week, and what was supposed to be a four-hour outpatient procedure turned into . . . something else. I only finally got home Friday night, and I'm still having issues getting the energy or focus up to do much of anything, and I'm told that's going to continue for a while. I don't want to stand in the way of you guys getting started any longer, and I hope I'll be able to take part in another game at some point in the future, but it's not going to be for at least a few weeks.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sorry to hear that mate, hope you feel better soon!

On the flip side that puts us make to even number so we can just shuffle Wedge in without needing to re-recruit!
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

So.... I'm not wrestling Monkeys, Undead Demon Monkeys and Really Big Monkeys any more? Just Undead Demon and Really Big ones? MY APPETIZERS

Good luck with your recovery Tam-Lin!

Can we put Wedge and Nulk on the same team and leave choices as they are?

Assuming we are I am going with Tir na n'Og

Network Hub
    Recover soon Tam-lin.

Okay yes wedge and Nulk are together and unless they say otherwise i'm going to assume they're still happy with their choices.

Wedge :- Kailasa
    Jarvis:- Lanka
    Nullkigan:-Marverni
    Sarigs:- Himmon
    Lasikbear:-Tir na n'Og
    Rotekin:- T'ien Chi

Which means we've no water races, as per Nulk's suggestion i'm going to remake 6 more maps with less water content which we get to pick from.

Please list your preferences replacing x
    1. map x
    2. map x
    3. map x
    4. map x

Rotekian may or may not be around next week so if it seems he's not around by next thursday we'll not wait for his map vote and I'll convert the favourite to wrap around.

1. map 2
    2. map 5
    3. map 6
    4. map 4

Network Hub
    Rotekin's posted me his preferences.

I have a 149 (was aiming for 135 but missed - it'd work for an player #10 AI I guess?), perfectly wrapping hex-map template mostly working now. If you give me a couple of days I can try tracing/rationalising one of the randgenned ones into it.

Even though I say 'hex' it's quite easy to change how the provinces are actually connected, it's just a visual thing. I thought something like hexes would be easier when I was looking for a way to have pretty wrapped maps because the randgens wrap in such an ugly fashion it gives me fits. It turns out rectangles with fractal noise would have been smarter ...

But now I sleep.