Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Heh.. I know that there are some guys with 'staches in the player profile screen, if that helps :D so you don't need a particular mod for that.
    Unless you want this: http://www.nerdygaga.com/wp-content/...-and-beard.jpg

When I first set up my profile I did look for a skin with the best (and by that I mean worst) facial hair possible, but none of them was good enough :P. Ideally it would be like Stephen Fry's in Blackadder goes Forth - http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...y/PDVD_050.jpg

EDIT: I44 and maps set up and running, going to try out the vehicles/weapons tonight, so I'm good to join in this saturday. Still working on the moustache, though.
    Last edited by thekev506; 22-11-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Obscure Node
    I will most definitely be there tomorrow. I think i just installed all the mods correctly, crossing my fingers right now.

I am using arma 2 launcher, lets hope it works alright. Will it work with ft_hud? Currently, the mods that are on and ticked are carraigdubh, cba, fthud, i44, and zernovo. Am i good to go or missing something?

Activated Node
    Actually SThud is already included in I44. So you don't need to add it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    We're currently finalizing F2 I44 over at the F2 Forum and still have some open issues to resolve, namely ORBAT structure and armament for SS/German Paras. If you got any ideas feel free to skip in.

Obscure Node
    One question: What is the server address? Is it the same you guys play your tactical tuesdays on?

Network Hub
    Server ip address is the same. The server port is different however, although I can't remember what it is.

If you go to your ArmA2 multiplayer menu and then filter for ARPS then you should be able to find it, it is called sMODgasbord SERVER [ARPS].

Good morning, Vietnam!

This Saturday (December 1st) our brave band of brothers is traveling in time to the jungles in south-east Asia.
    You will need Unsung Vietnam war mod for ArmA 2, and mumble of course.
    We start as usual - 19:30 BST.
    A link where you might get it: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12268
    Please make sure that it is properly installed and runs, also it needs to be v2.0

I'll see you in 'Nam.

Edit: Added the requirement of MBG 'Nam and African foliage to make it work, both can be found here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12402
    Last edited by Kefirz; 28-11-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    If you're using Unsung I'd recommend MGB Nam, great map. Oh and read the Unsung Handbook, heaps of information and most of the class names.
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 26-11-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    If you're using Unsung I'd recommend MGB Nam, great map. Oh and read the Unsung Handbook, heaps of information and most of the class names.
    Thanks for the links, I will definitely check them out.
    Last edited by Kefirz; 26-11-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Activated Node
    Would it be conceivable to run these sessions with ACRE as well?

uhh.. ACRE, didn't head organize that stuff? :D

Network Hub
    Me, Hawk and jRides spent some time on the server last night and the stock missions available are either lacking or unsuitable.

Will more be added for the date or should some time be spent making (or miserably failing at) making ones more suited to the event?

Last of all, will MGB Nam be compulsory?
    Last edited by SpecialSoup; 27-11-2012 at 03:26 AM.

MBG Nam and its prerequisite, African Foliage, aren't on the server yet. It can be arranged if good content for them is found. I uploaded a couple of Unsung Evolution variants (it's kind of Domination) I came across, but I recommend you try to scour the 'net for good Unsung missions before the session. Last time we played Unsung we found this to be a pretty challenging task, it's a very cool, although unpolished, mod but there aren't a lot of decent MP missions for it.
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

Yeah Harakka I've been making a series of missions on the map MBG_Nam for the last few months as I was going to organise at least a night of Vietnam once the missions were finished. Plus I find the actual UNSUNG maps a bit boring, as Wolfenswan has already said MBG Nam is a real nice map.

I personally would postpone Vietnam events until say new year and give not just me but anyone else interested time to finish some decent missions, but if peoples hearts are set on Nam this week they could look at maybe these: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12404

I would personally say if you want to try a new modification this week try something like Hell in the Pacific, which is due on the 30th, it's still WW II and fits with the I44 WW II theme we have been doing for the last few months. Or something that has a decent selection of MP missions available to play.

Regards Hawk.

Also you will need MBG 'Nam with African foliage, both can be found here
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12402

Activated Node
    Kefirz, I was counting on coming up with a mission involving waiting for choppers at that nice LZ on MBG nam, but that's kind of a classic. Do we already have something like that, so I don't do it for nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
    Kefirz, I was counting on coming up with a mission involving waiting for choppers at that nice LZ on MBG nam, but that's kind of a classic. Do we already have something like that, so I don't do it for nothing?
    You can make it and I guarantee that we will play it.
    (That goes for all mission makers, both potential and those who are already making them)

To be honest with you Black Mamba, it doesn't matter if multiple missions are done with choppers and LZs. As such tactics were widely used in Vietnam anyway. So if you want to do that, go ahead and do it.

Regards Hawk.

Activated Node
    Well. I really did lack more time, but I still came up with two quickly put together little missions.

[CO16]Green_hell_v1_uns.CSJ_SEA

This one is a pretty straightforward SF style mission. Walk in the jungle, kill a few dudes, and then run like hell to the exfil point.
    DropBox link

[CO34]Bright_Side_of_the_Moon_v1_uns.MBG_nam
    This one is scary. You end up in the jungle after a plane crash, have to regroup and hold an LZ while a pilot comes to rescue you. Or not. Oh, yeah. It's at night.

DropBox link