Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    CBA (Community Based Addons) is used for a whole host of Mods, you'll find that a lot of stuff needs it so is worthwhile getting anyway.

Adding mods and setting things up is simple, just create a new shortcut, in the case of I44 you would just create a new shortcut with the @I44 mod added in the Target line, you will also want @Carraigdubh on there as well as we will be using that on saturday.

To expand - in the target line of the shortcut you list the mods you want to load with the game there, here is my I44 shortcut target line in full, you would just change what is applicable to you: what mods you have and wish to use, your user name ofc and executable location. Here i'm playing with the beta patch so it looks a little long winded but from -nosplash onwards would be applicable to you:

"C:\Games\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -showscripterrors -name=jRides -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@okt_NoBlur;@sthud;@stmov ement;@DC;@I44;@Carraigdubh

Its that simple.

The mods wont interfere as long as your only adding specific mods, for instance I have several shortcuts for starting Arma2 vanilla, Arma2 beta, DayZ and I44. While all the mods are sat in the same place the target line of each shortcut just loads whats needed. There are programs that do this too - where you can set up what mods you want to install but I could never figure it out so someone else will need to comment on that.

While your on the Armaholic site you might want to take a look at STHud and STmovement, both are excellent little mods (tweaks really) and worth your time. They will probably be recommended to you if they haven't already, and of course you don't already have them.
    Last edited by jRides; 24-08-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Obscure Node
    The program I use is this:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241
    You run it, it finds all the '@' folders, you drag them to the right and tick off the ones you want to launch.

That being said, I44 also adds two executable files, so you can just run them and it'll work.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    FRIENDLY REMINDER(in menacing bold capital letters)

Tomorrow you'll need
    Carraigdubh

additionally to regular i44.
    It's installed like any other addon.

Please make sure it's running properly (go to the editor, it will be in your map selection when installed correctly) to avoid any unnecessary delay.

Last edited by Wolfenswan; 24-08-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Obscure Node
    Fully set up and ready to go - but I wont be there till nearer 8 again - save me a spot. :)

Activated Node
    That map loooks pretty awesome. I'll try and be there (usual time? i got lost somewhere), even though I44 seems to mess up my controls pretty badly.

INVASION 1944 v2.62 OUT NOW

I figured people would want to know, anyway here is the link for it:

http://forum.invasion-1944.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=308

HOWEVER it unfortunately looks like you have to use Six Updater to get it *sigh*

Regards Hawk.

You don't have to, there is an armaholic link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12465

At the moment the only option is a complete overhaul if you don't want to use Six, but I'd still rather not rely on Six at all, if possible.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Obscure Node
    ^ditto.

So, 2.62 for domination this Saturday or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqarius View Post
    ^ditto.

So, 2.62 for domination this Saturday or what?
    Yes 2.62 will be required. Personally I don't like Six Updater so I will be downloading it from Armaholic.

Not only will 2.62 be required, we will be playing HawkSilk's I44 domi on:

Zernovo

Again, installed like any other addon and as Wolf advises above, please test whether it's working before the session, it'll let us get down to the action a lot faster and won't hold you up when it comes to playing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    2.62 has apparently come with a healthy dose of LSD:

Last edited by Wolfenswan; 01-09-2012 at 05:09 PM.

No I44 session this week, unfortunate circumstances mean that I44 isn't on the server and won't be updated in time. We're gonna postpone the I44 session until next week, sorry for the inconvenience.

Activated Node
    Good. I might come then.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    2.62 has apparently come with a healthy dose of LSD:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9EkbAbcdGU

Also, Is the old OPF music part of I44 or Zernovo?

The OPF music is part of the Zernovo map itself.

Regards Hawk.

Network Hub
    It seems you can only update I44 with "playWithSix" that i assume is one of sickboi new retarded tool?

Activated Node
    SixUpdater worked just fine.
    Btw, i don't get why SU get so much hate. Even though it has its flaws, it quite does the job when you want to have different presets for different games. Plus it helps updating most of the mods out there.

And there's an Armaholic link, given by Strang a few posts back.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12465 for non-six updating

Incremental patches are about halfway down the page.

Is this happening on the 8th? I may well be around for a change and I'd like another crack at I44

Obscure Node
    Probably, even if there is just a few of us around we could jump on and do some missions on the sModgasbord server.