Planescape - A Neverwinter Nights 2 Server and Community

Our Forums: http://z13.invisionfree.com/nwn2planescape/index.php?
    Sigil, City of Doors NWN2 Game Server Direct Connect: scod.game-server.cc
    Gamespy: Sigil, City of Doors in the Roleplay section.

I noted some interest in the Planescape2 Kickerstarter project (something that excites us as well) and I'd like to take the opportunity to shamelessly plug our NWN2 Server and Community of RPer's.

We've a goodly number of european players (the server itself is located in Oslo, Norway), US, and other countries.

We have a thriving online community with Forum roleplay as well, that compliments our online play, in addition to lore & canon threads, general information about the Planescape subgenre, and FAQ's for new players.

Our persistent world itself features the latest in HAKs, clothing mods, special races you can play (Modron, Githzerai, Ogres, Celestials, Cambions, Illithids, just to name a few), and a large number of both RP-dedicated and adventuring areas.

If you like Planescape, come play with us! NWN2 may be somewhat of a dated, flawed beast (yet cheap to buy now!), however, I think our roleplay makes up for it.
    "Unix is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.

Did you make it into an actual roleplaying world with persistance? that's incredible. I like the idea of NWN2 in an MMO style.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Quote Originally Posted by DWZippy View Post
    Did you make it into an actual roleplaying world with persistance? that's incredible. I like the idea of NWN2 in an MMO style.
    We're like or similar to MMO but with several significant differences. Our world is controlled by players with a love of the game and planescape - we created it, we run our own servers. We add content on almost a weekly basis. We reward roleplaying -but also kick out those that won't, griefers, and cheaters/haksters. Our ban policy is pretty laid back otherwise, we prefer to educate players on the rules versus being strict enforcers. We listen to the community, and, no small feat, fix the plethora of bugs Obsidian left us.

We love new players. Fresh blood is vital to keep new ideas coming in, new drama and RP. It's nice to have people come in and appreciate our world, a lot of hard work and hours have been put into it.
    Last edited by Kablooie; 14-08-2012 at 01:12 PM.

excellent. I'll acquire nwn2.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Oh, and one other difference, there's no monthly fee to pay, it's free.
    Last edited by Kablooie; 14-08-2012 at 02:28 PM.

I might check it out. I love the Planescape-setting, but never had a real chance to play it.

More than a little interested by this. Will be digging out my copy of NWN2 asap. :D

Side note.. in case i'm unable to find my copy (highly likely).. is there a way to buy a digital download version? I can't find it on Steam or Gamersgate and I read a forum post saying Aspyr had lost the licence or something so ALL digital download versions have been pulled.

Surely that can't be true, can it? Is it actually impossible to buy NWN2 Digitally anymore?? :(
    Last edited by Axyl; 15-08-2012 at 02:48 AM.

I have the platimum edition on steam, Axyl, but it's not in the store anymore, I guess there were issues with licensing or some such.

Amazon has it, I think. Maybe Gamestop.
    Hopefully they work out whatever legal hassles that are the reasons behind Steam and others pulling it.

I dug out a copy of NWN2 but it seems I'm at version 1.00. Trying to update NWN2 is an absolute nightmare, if I can figure how to get it to version 1.23 you'll see my druid's green fingers nurturing plants in a purely platonic way in Sigil.