Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    They were probably offended by the lack of offensive content and left.
    To be fair, there was a lot of DAMNIT WOMAN STOP GIVING YOUR OPINION ON WOMEN'S ISSUES I'M TRYING TO PLAY GAMES HERE
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  2. #22
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    To be fair, there was a lot of DAMNIT WOMAN STOP GIVING YOUR OPINION ON WOMEN'S ISSUES I'M TRYING TO PLAY GAMES HERE
    Yeah, but it's offensive to women to NOT say those things because then you are a white knight.

  3. #23
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SoCali
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Yeah, but it's offensive to women to NOT say those things because then you are a white knight.
    Er... what? I'm not following you on that. Being a white knight is charging needlessly to the defense of a woman who neither wants nor needs your defense. Acknowledging that a woman might have something to say on issues regarding women, whether you agree with her or not, is what happens when you don't take the attitude of "DAMNIT WOMAN STOP GIVING YOUR OPINION ON WOMEN'S ISSUES I'M TRYING TO PLAY GAMES HERE". It encourages rational discussion. I don't see why any topic should be inherently BANT from existence, but I can see why individual discussions that get out of hand should be culled, for the sake of a friendly environment. However, moderation can quickly get out of hand and make it hard to talk about anything serious at all.
    Last edited by Atarra; 14-08-2012 at 02:41 AM.

  4. #24
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Atarra View Post
    for the sake of a friendly environment.
    A friendly environment where nothing of substance can be openly discussed is not a friendly environment.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  5. #25
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SoCali
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    A friendly environment where nothing of substance can be openly discussed is not a friendly environment.
    Hence, calling out particular topics as 'taboo' helps nothing.

  6. #26
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    'Now you've done it <publisher/developer/PR spokesperson> I'm gonna pirate that and every game you make from here on in' comments are kind of lame. However given the number of posts it's hard to justify spending the time crunching on them tbh. Plus invariably you get some blowhard going on about their free speech being suppressed etc, etc.
    The "<bete noir publisher of the day> are crap I will pirate their games" comments are a fair few lightyears away from the "women and gay people do not deserve to be represented properly in games for the reasons I give below based upon hate and predjudice".

    It worries me that you would place them as similar...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

  7. #27
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Yeah, but it's offensive to women to NOT say those things because then you are a white knight.
    Wot?

    /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

  8. #28
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Atarra View Post
    Hence, calling out particular topics as 'taboo' helps nothing.
    I contend, and I'm sure you'd agree, that the excesses of moderation are far worse than the excesses of no moderation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Wot?
    It was a facetious and satirical comment that if you're not treating women with the toughness in which you shit-talk guys, you're clearly trying to get into their e-pants.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  9. #29
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    The "<bete noir publisher of the day> are crap I will pirate their games" comments are a fair few lightyears away from the "women and gay people do not deserve to be represented properly in games for the reasons I give below based upon hate and predjudice".

    It worries me that you would place them as similar...
    Please feel free to worry about my apparent lack of a soul. Whilst you're at it maybe try reading the OPs post again.

    Also this site is a private site, Jim etc set the rules and if you don't like it or how they moderate it then you're welcome to leave.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

  10. #30
    To everyone above me apart from Berzee: You're all talking about the RPS Forums, which have next to no moderation at all due to rarely needing it - Berzee was addressing the articles, which commonly have a much higher comment-rate by a wider diversity of people, who now and then overstep the mark.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •