Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Never had performance issues with SupCom.

Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    *Supreme Commander 1
    The cellshaded pastel graphics really do look more like SupCom 2.

Looks promising indeed! But I do hope it's more like Total Annihilation, and less like Supreme Commander (1 & 2). Somehow TA clicked with me, while the SC's didn't. And TA:Kingdoms was a little bit weird after playing TA for so long. Suddenly the particles were magic? Magic that constructed buildings and units?

But I agree that 900k is a really massive goal, one that might be too far stretched. They should have lowered it but used the stretch goals to keep people interested. Now they'll probably not be used/shown and the goal not reached. Oh well, I couldn't support it anyway (well, I could with Paypall, but I'd like to keep my money when things fail) without a credit/debit card.
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Never had performance issues with SupCom.

The cellshaded pastel graphics really do look more like SupCom 2.
    You obviously never played an 8 player match on the biggest of the maps with thousands of units per player.

Doesn't matter how fast your comp is the simulation can't keep up, it was an inherent problem with the engine.

Forged Alliance was certainly better optimized but it wasn't fixed.

I'm not a big fan of RTS games but even I can't deny moon colonization and using asteroids as WMDs. Love the colorful art-style as well. I might actually end up giving these guys some of my money...
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    So that actually was not gameplay footage ?
    If it was would they need nine hundred grand? Dollars admittedly but still...

I kind of liked the looks of it at first but its a bit too cartoony and I dislike the Mario Galaxy / Empire earth lack of sense of scale.

A whole world is not 4 kilometres square and my suspension of disbelief is very much disrupted by these tiny worlds.

Set it in an asteroid field so the small size makes sense. Actually they could be really cool. Thousands of asteroids orbiting a star and you hop between them...
    Last edited by Lightbulb; 16-08-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    You obviously never played an 8 player match on the biggest of the maps with thousands of units per player.
    Well, no.

But is it really such an issue?

Network Hub
    Backed.

10char

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Well, no.

But is it really such an issue?
    The whole game feels like it's running in slow motion.

A big game would eventually run at a third of the speed. If you then attempted to up the game speed by pressing + then it would in fact run slower!

Banned
    What I mean is, if it only happens on biggest of maps, with 8 players and thousands of units per player...

You could, you know, either not play the biggest of maps, not play with 8 players, or pick a unit limit.

It's not a particularly popular game mode.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    The slowdown used to happen with 3 players too. It's not about the unit limit, it seems to just be a compounding issue of processing inefficiency.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

If he likes playing like that he should be able to. If you can't properly do something on your game don't do it and focus on what you can do well, but don't go adding modes and possibilities wich won't work right.

Obscure Node
    This looks so cool.

I kinda feel like playing TA again now :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I actually quite like the graphics. I also think the scale looks just fine; if it were realistically scaled, you wouldn't really need to colonize other planets because you'd never run out of space. The fact the planets are small means you need to colonize other planets/moons/asteroids fairly rapidly, which is the point of the game really.

Banned
    I'm quite looking forward to the fighting on the planets before the space stuff kicks in too. It will certainly be interesting to see what players do in regards to defence when they can't hedge them selves into a corner quite as easily.

It will make for battles over resources and advantageous locations.

The unit gun firing from the moon was totally awesome. Imagine fighting a battle on your planet while getting your base defences ready to counter an assault your certain is coming once the enemy occupied moon comes over the horizon....

I pledged fifty dolla but im tempted to heap my own commander on the credit card too...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The graphics are smidge too simplistic for me, but it's not like I'll even notice once I'm playing the game anyway.

Dropped $50 on it, I'd drop more if I could afford it, seeing TA resurrected is worth it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Backed. This game makes me happy in my pantsular region.

Also, does anyone know of a good mod management tool for TA? I used to just have three or four different install directories, but that got annoying, fast.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Banned
    Wow they've hit quarter of million, practically a third of the way pledged, maybe we'll get some stretch goals implemented at this rate!!!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    They've published their first update, and the highlights must be LAN support, no DRM (online play requires a login, but that ain't really DRM) and 64 bit support.

LAN play with no DRM means this could be one amazing LAN party game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I'll wait for stretch goals and more info before backing. But it looks very very interesting.
    A Linux version would be nice but I doubt it will be there for this one. But well, hope dies last ;)
    Last edited by bonkers; 17-08-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I *knew* that making a strategy game on a planet was a cool idea!

Looks like they're taking the idea substantially more seriously than I am though!