Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    That person was telling you porkies, PW! It's as Hands says, in the tabletop rules the winning are added to your roster before you have to fire/hire journeymen in the post-match sequence.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Post-match sequence, page 29 in the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Post-match sequence, page 29 in the rules.
    Not to derail the thread, but while you're on that page it's worth also taking a look at the rules for conceding a game.

For those too lazy to click the link, the rule is that you may concede without suffering any of the usual MVP/winnings/FF loss if you can only field 2 or less players on a kick-off. I know it doesn't happen very often, but for the rare occasions when it does this is something that the Cyanide game could definitely do with.

Interestingly, it also claims that if you concede when having more than 2 available players, any player with more than 51 SPPs rolling a 1-3 on a D6 will leave the team permanently. How harsh is that?!
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    Interestingly, it also claims that if you concede when having more than 2 available players, any player with more than 51 SPPs rolling a 1-3 on a D6 will leave the team permanently. How harsh is that?!
    It's an excellent rule I wholeheartedly endorse, unfortunately it's just not possible for an internet game given your connection could die for days at a moment's notice. Shame, might encourage a better attitude among some coaches if it was in - would make min/maxers think twice at least.

Yeah, unfortunately there's no way to differentiate between an accidental and intentional disconnect, so I am glad Cyanide didn't implement it as is.

One way it could be implemented is with more robust league admin tools - if a player concedes or is reported to have deliberately disconnected, the admin could manually activate the above procedure manually when it comes to validate the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately there's no way to differentiate between an accidental and intentional disconnect, so I am glad Cyanide didn't implement it as is.

One way it could be implemented is with more robust league admin tools - if a player concedes or is reported to have deliberately disconnected, the admin could manually activate the above procedure manually when it comes to validate the game.
    Or if they had some sort of code to re-connect to a game in progress.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    That would be nice, but it still doesn't really help with the concession rules: if your internet connection goes down for the day you'd still be out of luck.

I suppose we could manually enforce a "groovychainsaw (or whoever) rolls a d6 and you have to fire the player" type of thing, but I don't see it catching on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    It's an excellent rule I wholeheartedly endorse, unfortunately it's just not possible for an internet game given your connection could die for days at a moment's notice. Shame, might encourage a better attitude among some coaches if it was in - would make min/maxers think twice at least.
    If I ruled the world I would enforce if after the second disconnect or concession for any reason in any (say) five game period. If you don't like it, you leave the league. I'm aware that I'm in the minority here though. Would certainly make people think twice about conceding if you knew that your internet collapsing in the next four games would lose you some players. Equally if your internet isn't 80% reliable you shouldn't be playing in the first place I don't think.

But then I'm not very nice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    A league setting certainly, you don't need to use it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    If the servers had the ability to store and resume games in progress, it certainly would solve a lot of problems. As teams would be locked into a game in progress too, that could be a way to ensure concessions are genuine. Smart idea.

Honestly, I've not found concessions to be a thing in RPS. I think I've had 2, both in the Cup: one when 5 KOs stayed down so he had 3 skaven on the pitch after half time (which I thought was fair enough), and a ragequit (alt+f4 so I got stuck with the disconnect message) because my orcs were stalling before scoring the winning and only touchdown. Neither of them had any 51+ SPP players anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's not been an issue here, I guess because people tend to be nice. It's more of an issue in the OCC, to be honest, and a couple of the top elven coaches have a history of conceding against bash when they lose a few players. Poor form.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Fecking elves, it's the coaches that are pansies, not the players.

*ponders*

Not me... The other coaches . I'd happy bury the whole team if it was right(as in actually happened).
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    If the servers had the ability to store and resume games in progress, it certainly would solve a lot of problems.
    Loukas, the dev doing all the patches at the moment, sort of hinted this may be something we could see soon - http://bbtactics.com/forums/server-m...e32/#post56588

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Honestly, I've not found concessions to be a thing in RPS.
    Yeah, I've not found it a problem in the RPS leagues, but leveling a Nurgle team in Naggeroth showed me what a lovely little oasis we have here.

That would be pretty damn awesome if that happened.