Router recommendations for gaming (especially p2p)

Hello - BT Home Hub 2.0 user signing in here. Please note I'm not a networking expert so go easy on me if some of the things I say don't make sense.

Driving games which are often fun in multiplayer seem to be all about peer to peer connections. Using the BT Home Hub 2.0 I always seem to get conflicts with one or two people or am unable to join games, period (Blur, Driver SF, Need for Speed, etc).

Now, I'm figuring this is to do with my router (as opposed to ISPs conflicting). I have Windows Firewall off, the recommended TCP and UDP ports forwarded, but on some games I still get the NAT Type restricted kind of messages. (edit: and there is no direct NAT Type configuration tool on the BT interface /end edit)

Bearing this in mind, is there any router that people can recommend that easily allows configuration of NAT Types or that has just, in general, been really nice to them for gaming, especially in relation to peer to peer games on the PC?

Obscure Node
    For gaming, you want a router with Gigabit Ethernet ports. This is because you can wire a gaming console or desktop to one of the Gigabit LAN ports and take advantage of the 1,000Mbps speed.

You can search information of below router:
    Western Digital My Net N900
    Buffalo AirStation AC1300/N900 Gigabit Dual Band WZR-D1800H
    EnGenius ESR9855G Multimedia Enhanced Wireless 300N Gaming Router
    Netgear N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (WNDR4000)
    Cisco Linksys EA3500 App Enabled N750 Dual-Band Wireless Router with Gigabit and USB

Is uPnP on on your current router?