Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Steam Summer Sale Lottery Ticket Enhancement Union

Okay, this thread is about getting lottery tickets in the current Steam summer sale. Just the facts: on each day of sale, there will be special achievements for games and when you complete one, you get one ticket. You can then redeem three tickets in order to get one reward. Additionally, each ticket will enhance your chances to win the grand prize at the end of the sale (ten games from your wishlist). It's fairly simple and pretty much identical to the last winter sale.
    When your click on your profile you will see the progress you've made and it suggests that there is a limit of four prizes and sixteen tickets to get.
    Furthermore, we will discuss strategies and problems regarding the achievements.

BIT.TRIP BEAT: This is not too difficult. Just start "Transmission" and don't miss 76 blocks in a row.
    Lead and Gold: I'm not sure how difficult this one is in regular play. I didn't bother finding out and just decided to game this one with a couple of fellow RPSers. The server on which you play has to be a public one and not private, though.
    Swords and Soldiers HD: This not too difficult either. The first two missions of the Viking campaign are tutorials of sorts and in the third mission, just develop melee fighters and the healing spell. Send your troops on the upper road first and after the first tower there, start sending troops to the lower road. Make sure to use the healing spell often to keep your guys alive.
    Welcome to Camp: Simply join the Steam group. No questions asked.

If you have strategies for the other achievements or ones that are better than mine, feel free to post them.

PS: If you don't like that whole lottery thing and think it's a gigantic waste of time, good for you, but don't bother posting in here.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!: Annoying but not difficult. You get reset to a checkpoint each time you slam into a wall which costs you 250 points but is useful to get those scoreboards. Try to hit all of them, collect hugs&kisses on the way and hit the red circle to score the 35000 points needed.

Toki Tori: All of the Sunrays you have to stand in are in the Forest Level (one in Bonus 3 for which you have to join the official group). Waiting for a second is enough, you don't have to finish the level afterwards. There's also walkthrough on the Steam forums.

DoW2 Retribution: Kill 50 enemies while using a flamer. You can do it within 4 waves of Last Stand, if you have any flamer unlocked.
    One day my log will have something to say about this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Today's easy achievements appear to be:

1) Make a fake Facebook account and link it to Steam.

2) Reinstall TF2 just long enough to find an achievement server, get lit on fire, and jump in water.

Also, it looks like you can still get achievements from earlier days, so if you have Swords and Soldiers I recommend trying that one. Contrary to the advice of the OP, it's preposterously easy if you research the lightning spell and the enhanced mana regen. You can then simply zap everything on the map to death, building just enough troops to reveal the entire map. Simple.
    Last edited by vinraith; 01-07-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Spacechem: The ResearchNet option is a little PDA thing on the main menu, if you haven't finished the tutorials you'll have to press the "hack into the system button". It's not too hard to complete 3 of the basic assignments, and I'm bad at the game. I did Fission 1, 2 and Quantum Tunnels 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Spacechem: The ResearchNet option is a little PDA thing on the main menu, if you haven't finished the tutorials you'll have to press the "hack into the system button". It's not too hard to complete 3 of the basic assignments, and I'm bad at the game. I did Fission 1, 2 and Quantum Tunnels 1.
    The tutorials aren't the requirement, actually, a VERY high level of progress through the main campaign is. It's "cheating" to skip past that to Research Net, in that it spoils a number of advanced features that arise naturally through the course of the game.

Also, SpaceChem is too good a game to be made into a chore like this, but that's just my opinion. If you're like me and find that playing games solely for outside achievements tends to ruin said games for you, avoid this one at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    The tutorials aren't the requirement, actually, a VERY high level of progress through the main campaign is. It's "cheating" to skip past that to Research Net, in that it spoils a number of advanced features that arise naturally through the course of the game.
    I got stuck wayyy before that. Personally I prefer to be able to pick and choose my way through puzzle games. Sometimes I'll struggle with one concept but get on fine with a different one the creators consider more advanced.

It's a game I want to play more of, but I don't think it hurts if you just want to quickly grab the prize ticket.

Yeah, I'd say if you are keen to avoid being exposed to any symbols you haven't yet been introduced to in the main campaign, you're right to avoid ResearchNet, but otherwise it's unlikely to spoil anything. The three levels Kelron mentioned are quick and easy, and the Quantum Tunnelling thing is new even if you've played the entire campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    I got stuck wayyy before that. Personally I prefer to be able to pick and choose my way through puzzle games. Sometimes I'll struggle with one concept but get on fine with a different one the creators consider more advanced.
    Which is completely fair, I just wanted to make sure newer players were aware that they were "skipping ahead" in some sense.

It's a game I want to play more of, but I don't think it hurts if you just want to quickly grab the prize ticket.
    As I've already said a few places around the forum, I've noticed that when I play games (even games I enjoy) specifically for outside achievements it often leaves me uninterested in playing more of that game. Something about turning something fun into work doesn't sit well with me, psychologically, I guess. I'm a bit afraid of turning myself off SpaceChem by forcing this particular issue. People without that particular trait needn't pay me any mind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Toki Tori youtube guide here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfoXNiC1SIg

(With useful shortcuts to specific levels in the description)
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    When your click on your profile you will see the progress you've made and it suggests that there is a limit of four prizes and sixteen tickets to get.
    Incidentally, apparently this isn't the case, and it's just a cosmetic decision to have four prize boxes. You can theoretically claim 70 tickets (7 each day for 10 days) so 23 prizes.

Although as I only have 6 tickets so far, I suspect this is irrelevant to me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I've just done the Super Meat Boy one. Whilst I imagine the achievement is possible to get entirely with Meat Boy, there were a few levels where having access to one of the multi-jumpers certainly speeds things up, if you can pull off some pretty tricky moves. It's certainly by no means an easy achievement, but anyone who can beat Dark World Hell probably should be able to get it. You can probably see where you can speed up and will go for it anyhow at that point.

Activated Node
    And if you want the really easy way of getting the SMB achievement, just download a hacked save file.

The Magicka achievement is fairly easy. Find a friend that needs the achievement, create a Vs game, limit the drops to basic and advanced spells and make them as frequent as possible. Quickest way to get hold of rain/blizzard which then just needs to be cast 20 times. It can take a while with Blizzard mind.
    Last edited by y2rich; 03-07-2011 at 09:07 AM.

For lonely people like me you can get the Magicka achievement by just plugging in a controller and playing against yourself in versus. I think this is the easiest way if you have a controller (and no friends).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Super Meat Boy: Beat hell (dark & light) in less than 495 seconds. Hell's the fourth world and for some the most difficult due to teleporter shenanigans and stuff. Really annoying achievement.

Men of War: Assault Squad: This is a funny one. There's a new Skirmish mission called "Barbecue" which is divided into three stages. The first one has you collect and deliver five chicken, the second one ten steaks. There's only light resistance in both stages with a few riflemen against you. In the third stage - you have to collect five beer boxes - there is a stationary MG42 and a light Panzerwagen, but both can be flanked pretty easily.
    It's an easy mission, but I didn't expect such a cool bonus.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Steam Community: Just making a comment on someone elses Steam profile nets you a ticket as well BTW.

Also another for making a game recommendation
    Last edited by Kadayi; 03-07-2011 at 09:00 PM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Obscure Node
    Possible future ticket-related achievements(basically a list of those at 0% completion which seem related). Obviously I've missed a lot as 6 games per day for 6 remaining days = 36 and there's only 12 here.

Air Forte
    Beach Party Bingo - Reach Infinite level 4 with four players.

Altitude
    Electric Firefighter - Interrupt an enemy's afterburners with Loopy's EMP grenade. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

And Yet It Moves
    Bat-Wetter - Heat wave in the cave! Cool down a sweating bat with a drop of water in The Great Escape.

Commander: Conquest of the Americas
    Holiday Cruise - Visit 5 ports with at least 200 colonists onboard from your homeport and then return home.

Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time
    Hot And Bothered

Galcon Fusion
    Pool Party

Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Summer Fest - Complete the summer feast quest found in any village on the eastern side of the map.

The First Templar
    A friend in need - Play an online multiplayer game

The Wonderful End of the World
    Wonderful Big Bladder

Trine
    Summer Dip - Stay underwater for more than 40 seconds without taking damage

Turba
    Summer Block Party - In one combo, clear at least 5 blocks of each color, 2 silver blocks and 1 bomb block. Those red blocks are real party animals.

Winter Voices
    Summer's Gone, But A Lot Goes On - Achieve a 100% success in the third encounter of the prologue (departure of the father) after walking on the "Summer Scent".
    Last edited by Maralinga; 04-07-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Tried the Trine one but got irritated before I found any water. I've lost my game complete savegame, and apparently the first water must be a fair distance in.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Tried the Trine one but got irritated before I found any water. I've lost my game complete savegame, and apparently the first water must be a fair distance in.
    I went to the crystal caverns level, I think it's the 4th or 5th. Not sure if there's water before that. I had an item that let me stay underwater indefinitely, I'm not sure how you can do the achievement without that. Perhaps by switching characters when the breath of each gets low.