Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Someone on the Steam forums suggested attempting it on Beast Mode by Xkore (one of the default songs) on Easy as it spawns two small bosses fairly early on. I managed to get it on my first try. Watch out for the big boss that pops up a bit later though.

@ Colonel JTry Options > Track Indexing
    Last edited by dan.; 07-07-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    Guild Wars 2: Infiltrator Dan / Cutthroat Dan / Vile Dan / Fervent Dan

Counter-Strike: Source
    Happy Camper - Get 2 kills standing in the same spot with a zoomed sniper rifle
    Any tips? Or maybe we could get on an empty server and arrange some target practice.
    One day my log will have something to say about this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dan. View Post
    Someone on the Steam forums suggested attempting it on Beast Mode by Xkore (one of the default songs) on Easy as it spawns two small bosses fairly early on. I managed to get it on my first try. Watch out for the big boss that pops up a bit later though.[/URL]
    Hmm. Either this doesn't work in "Ultra" or there's an element of randomness, I've tried that track three times on easy (standard mode) and never gotten two bosses.

'Yes! I am a long way from home' by Mogwai works well for the beat hazard one. you get two small bosses towards the end and should have enough time to shoot their guns off before the last big boss arrives. from there the song goes quiet so that last boss wont make any threatening attacks anyway.

Got the Beat Hazard one via the method in this vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPkjGRCn5Zc

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Hmm. Either this doesn't work in "Ultra" or there's an element of randomness, I've tried that track three times on easy (standard mode) and never gotten two bosses.
    Whoops, I should've said this doesn't work in Ultra. You could try adding the Vanilla; command to your BeatHazardPref.txt. That, or I think someone recommended Boss Rush mode.
    Guild Wars 2: Infiltrator Dan / Cutthroat Dan / Vile Dan / Fervent Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan. View Post
    Whoops, I should've said this doesn't work in Ultra. You could try adding the Vanilla; command to your BeatHazardPref.txt. That, or I think someone recommended Boss Rush mode.
    Yeah, that's the gist of the Youtube video I posted there, one of the default songs gives you a good setup for the achievement in boss rush mode. Thanks though!

Tidalis

This one's trivial. Just set up a custom quick game with only one color and it practically takes care of itself. Note that you're likely to "earn" a few high score achievements doing this, so if you want to keep your achievement list pure you might not want to do this one.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You must finish the level for the achievement to trigger. In practice, that means that after you get your combo you need to let the blocks build up so you lose.

Sanctum

Here's a youtube guide, this one is quick and easy too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvHdL14WUlM

Note that if you haven't got the pertinent map unlocked for SP, you can just host an MP game and start it with just you in there. It works just as well.
    Last edited by vinraith; 07-07-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Winter Voices

Don't buy the game.

Otherwise the achievement is as dull and uninspired as the rest of the game. Build your character with the highest resistance, humor and energy possible, then walk into the orange tile in the third battle before you go to the exit. You might want to anticipate some enemies and push others away but eh, might as well not bother.

Ok, and now I have way more tickets than things to spend them on. Wish they would have added at least more than one full game as a prize. Or maybe I just don't have the correct games :)
    Mind you, I'm not even trying, just doing it for fun (loved the Toki Tori one).

Can anyone get the Doc Clock achievement? Says you have to fall into a pit of lava three times, but I've fallen into quite a lot more and nothing happens (falling into the same pit three times doesn't work either).
    I think it's lava I'm falling into, at least. Yellow orange stuff that smokes (like the water on earlier levels).

At least the game is better than I first thought. Still not great, but it does have something.

ETA: ah, you have to fall into the lava while /not/ in the vehicle.
    Last edited by Similar; 08-07-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Play against 2 bots on easy.

That was a reply to Rond above.

Quote Originally Posted by Auspex View Post
    Play against 2 bots on easy.

That was a reply to Rond above.
    Already did it. Played against bots on de_dust2, it took me about 10 seconds.
    One day my log will have something to say about this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I got 27 tickets and I only bought 2 games with achievements during the sale. That's... something.

Calling it a day at 30, I guess. Still got a few loose ends.

Only twenty tickets here. Four of the games I bought had achievements, I think.
    I know I could get to 21 with And Yet It Moves, but playing that game is too much like work for me.
    I don't think I can be bothered to do the Youtube one either.

I seem to have spent nearly nine hours getting the Audiosurf one, but it was fun (I started out aiming for the ticket, but then just played for fun and eventually got it anyway).
    Last edited by Similar; 10-07-2011 at 08:30 PM.