The BRUTAL disco: Lets talk about Brutes.

Ok, here we go CLASS DISCUSSION!

Since the Brute is both a heavy and one that can sort of go fast its been a long term favourite of mine. He is fat, loud and annoying to pretty much everyone around him making him the life of the party. Doombringer and Tech hate Brute, but Doombringer hates everyone and cant bring himself to dance because he is sensitive about his size. Brute cares not for such silly things and dances the night away.
    Stupid stories aside, here are the rather stupid loadouts I use and was wondering if anyone has any advice on them and maybe share the loadouts they use.

Loadout 1: Baby, disco is F**K!
    Prim: Gladiator
    Sec: Plasma Cannon / Nova Colt
    Belt: Fractals (Poss change to ext Fractals)
    Pack: Sheild
    Per1: Safety Third
    Per2: Survivalist

Blatant AoD (Area of Denial) setup, both for Generhating and HasselHoFing. While outdoors this setup is horrid (unless you are the master of midairs) indoors its a damn powerhouse. Safety third giving you the ultimate disco force in the gen room and Survivalist keeping the shields up (also, thanks for dieing! More disco for me!). I suppose the fractals can be swapped for the light sticky if you want more Gen-busting powers, but the Gladiator is more then enough for this normally.
    Once the gen is down this is a rather nice setup for Short range Flagstand pummelling. On maps like Katabatic two fractals and a bit of gladiator spam is enough to shift most HoFs off their perch. Also not as potentially deadly to a friendly PTH storming by as a Jug’s mortar rounds if FF is on.

Loadout 2: Fatfinder
    Prim: Heavy / Dev Spinfusor
    Sec: Nova Colt
    Belt: Fractals
    Pack: Energy
    Per 1: Reach / Ultra Capacitor
    Per 2: Lightweight / Egocentric / Potential energy

The flying fat! Obviously no-where near as good as a PTH for capping when it comes to pure speed, the fact you can pick up almost as much speed as a soldier in theory mixed with the fact you have a sheadload of HP helps a lot. EDIT: Its been a while since I played much. After screwing about on some pubs and the RPS evening I noted Perk 1 will be Reach or an Ultra Capacitor while Perk 2 I switch between Lightweight, Egocentric and Potential energy as needed. The PotEn and Ultra cap is a nice mix and permits you a HUGE energy pool for a heavy class which is enough to be fully mobile. Lightweight is fun to use, but you have to be really careful with the impulse shots you do. One too many and you defeat the point in using the Brute.

Loadout 3: Arenafat
    Prim: Devastator Spinfusor
    Sec: Any, depends on mood
    Belt: Light stickys
    Pack: Survival Pack
    Per 1: Safety Third
    Per 2: Survivalist

Basic arena setup. Devastator for Yellow Plate Specials (which I never get) and shotgun as a secondary most of the time as a finisher due to the fact most fights happen at close proximity. I use the stickies here as opposed to fractals as Arenas / TDM settings are not really accommodating to them. If someone in a large open area decides to stand in a fractal zone then its their silly fault, but people over bronze generally don’t do that. Survival pack over the shield pack for mobility and health.

So, aside from my awful hack-jobs at making load-outs what do other people use for the king of fat?

DISCLAIMER: I’m not really trying to give advice here, just trying to promote discussion regarding what you use with the classes you play.
    Last edited by Scumbag; 18-08-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node deadly.by.design's Avatar
    Currently, the only ones I've bothered to get are for the PTH (bolt w/ concs, dueling disc w/ explosive) and DMB (Saber, Titan). I plan to begin unlocking additional loadouts for each class once I max my next (and final) perk.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 17-08-2012 at 03:57 PM.

I have very similar loadouts to SCUM(although with less unique names) for Brute. I use Looter on all loadouts except for my Fatfinder(Reach and either Potential Energy or Lightweight). Looter lets you create glorious discos. I also switch between extended and regular fractals.

Except:

Arena:

Primev. Spinfuser
    Sec: The Hammer
    Belt: Light Stickies
    Pack: Survival Pack
    Perk1: Looter
    Perk2: Survivalist/Potential Energy(I switch them)

(name is CommanderGun on T:a, probably played with quite a lot of you)
    The Brute is the 1st character i really put focus on, and although i sometimes change for INF/MECH for fun or in mechanic case out of necessity, he is still my main. I like the Brute because, even as a heavy, is quite flexible. The energy pack gives him that much maneuverability which i like, especially on Drydocks as this is the map where i like to cap with him (works perfectly on pubs, even in the gold ranks) pretty fast. I recently unlocked the Nova Colt and although it takes some getting used too, never looked back. For anyone playing quite regurly, there is absolutely no reason not to unlock the devastator as it is better in almost any way.
    An other advantage of the Brute is that it can 1-shot every light. I'm getting quite good in blueplating PTH's out of the air and the fun i have shooting a disc at a stationary snipers and then 3 seconds later reading the "you killed ..." never fades.
    Personally i hate the Gladiator, though i can imagine it is better at Gen offense.
    One of the disadvantages is that i seem to lose a lot of duels with the Jug (LMG + disc) which i used to win. I guess the Jug is better at pure duelling.
    But, i agree, Brute is my favorite!
    Last edited by magiuspaulus; 20-08-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Obscure Node
    Brutes you say?! I almost feel obligated to post here.

Loadout 1: "Enemy Is In Disarray"-inator
    Code:
    Gladiator, Nova Colt
    Extended Fractals
    Heavy Shield
    Safety Third, Ultra Cap II

Used for: General offense, gener-hating and flag stand clearance
    Loadout 2: CHASEFAT
    Code:
    Devastator Spinfusor, The Hammer
    Light Stickies
    Survival Pack
    Ultra Cap I, Lightweight

Used for: What the name implies! Not terrible in the arena either.
    Loadout 3: Phatfinder
    Code:
    Devastator Spinfusor, Plasma Cannon
    Extended Fractals
    Survival Pack
    Safety Third, Potential Energy

Used for: Pathfinding, e-grabbing, getting anywhere quickly. 
    Plasma Cannon serves as a viable dueling weapon when running into lights midfield.
    Brute was definitely my second love, after Raider, when finding the game. Huge health, a solid primary weapon (if you go heavy/dev Spinfusor), and the potential to disrupt any contested areas on a map. VGCA!