Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having a break.

Activated Node

Having a break.

Hi all, just to let you know I have left the guild too make space for new players as I take a break for a while. Its been great playing with you all and maybe if I get time see you around LA.

Hope you all have a great Xmas and new year.

G.

Thanks for letting us know. I hope all is well and we'll see you around again, it was fun playing with you.

All the best!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    There'll be a space waiting for you in the guild whenever you want it back, Nogix! See you soon!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I will miss our chats in Mumble!
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sorry to see you go, enjoy your break and see you when you (hopefully) return.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    see you Nogix, don't be gone too long; I need you around to help stand up for us much abused Rangers.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Awwwww, no more insulting Nogs... Breathe deep and come back when you'r ready.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Enjoy your break (and those games you just had to buy in the steam sale :P ). We'll keep a spot for your return!
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    Damn it Nogix, when I said 'stay at range' you weren't supposed to take it so literally! ;D

Enjoy your time away though. Have a great festive season and we'll catch you when you return.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Ninjaing this thread to say I haven't been on in a while and probably won't for a while more. Too many other games to play and too much RL stuff to sort out at the moment. I'll probably get back to GW2 if some update lures me back in, or if I find myself bored, but if you need the guild space for new members feel free to boot me out.

Ack, I suspected something along those lines. It's a tough season for the guild with many familiar faces disappearing to take a break. Can't blame anyone though, I have a huge backlog of games to play through myself. Of course there are quite a few new and returning people showing up as well. Hope to see you around at some point, have a good time!

Having some very weird login issues... like 4 times out of 5 I get "wrong user or password" in the launcher after putting in the authenticator code... and that happened also after ticking remember user/pw with the correct ones.

I tried to login to the account management website and it works perfectly. Thought of removing the authenticator and adding it back, but I can't - you have to supply 2 codes to do that and always one of them is wrong.

So I might not be around for a while, pretty pissed off about it - it's clear I have to open a support case and see where that takes me.

In the meantime, having to try for 5 minutes to login till the damned thing decides to work has put me off playing completely
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Weird. The only time I've had that error was when I inputted the authentication number very close to the end of its validity. Sounds like there might be some weird desync going on.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Weird. The only time I've had that error was when I inputted the authentication number very close to the end of its validity. Sounds like there might be some weird desync going on.
    Aye, sounds like a delay in auth so try to hit the new code as soon as the app creates it to give any lag issue to sort out.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    HOpefully your ticket will be dealt swiftly I know by experience they are pretty fast at those sort of things
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Thanks for the tips! I was thinking about the time-sync of the auth app... the stupid thing about the google authenticator app is that you don't have a "sync now" button to force it to resync to the server.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Probably a foolish question with all you tech-savvy youngsters out there, but what is the advantage of using the mobile authenticator over email authenticator (apart from portability if you dont get email on your phone). Is one more or less secure than the other?
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

If your email account gets hacked / intruded, your game account is also open for business. Mobile authentification requires shady characters to get hold of your mobile in order to log in, which is much more secury (in theory).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I guess it's the security against your email getting hacked or the email being intercepted in transit, or your account being hacked and the email address changed.

The mobile authenticator is a random number generator, so in theory wouldn't have those problems. Don't know how it works so can't be sure of the possibility of simulating it for someone's account.
    Last edited by hawksbane; 08-01-2014 at 06:10 PM. Reason: saved before thinking
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thx chaps. As its a work email that can only be accessed on my work computer or through a more corporate mobile authenticator I think I'm probably ok for now.