Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    since I started, I thought I may as well do the same for a guardian. So you can see a comparison of my build and the DnT greatsword build here:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ihawksbane/videos

and if you can't be bothered to watch, mine is better
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

Ideally you'd want to add a Sword to the rotation and change some of the runes/sigils but you already said you're not going to take it that seriously, especially since Hawkswind is mainly your support character. I'm glad you took your time and found something that works better for you.

I've never been very good with theroycrafting so I usually go with what the guide suggests, changing builds and weapons depending on the encounter. You probably don't want to do Tequatl with the standard GS/Sword build.
    Last edited by Maurish; 05-07-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    most of the time, my guardian is still using a Rampagers greatsword. So it will need updating at some point.

I tend to forget to swap my builds around, so I like to go with something that I can use with most encounters. It's one of the reasons I have a sigil of energy on my only ascended greatsword.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It is a widely known truth that I am a terrible guardian, and there is usually someone else playing guard anyhow, but this thread may be of interest for guardian roles and utility choices in dungeons
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ed_pathbypath/
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    So cof is pretty much always gs + sw/fc with one instance of sceptre handy.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

It's a great guide if you're starting out or don't play guardian as a main. A very safe way of playing though, I used to take Wall of Reflection everywhere but nowadays, only for specific bosses or fractals. CoF1 for example flies through so quickly, you're better off getting Save Yourselves! for damage boost.

For no cheese Lupi, I'd absolutely take Stand Your Ground! for the traps in P3. I'm not sure how the guide deals with them. I guess you could Renewed Focus through it. Shelter shouldn't work if the trap has the same effect as Line of Warding for example. Despite having blocking, it will still knock you down and you won't even get healed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Lupi without Stand Your Ground is crazy talk.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurish View Post
    For no cheese Lupi, I'd absolutely take Stand Your Ground! for the traps in P3. I'm not sure how the guide deals with them. I guess you could Renewed Focus through it. Shelter shouldn't work if the trap has the same effect as Line of Warding for example. Despite having blocking, it will still knock you down and you won't even get healed.
    SYG and aoe stability/stunbreak on F3
    Steam: Taverius
    GW2: Katekk | Eindís Starfire | Lamya Medhea | Janina Björnsdóttir | Taizo Smokerend | Dubhán | Ásleif Ravenstorm | Ashken Medhea