[EVENT] Invasion 44 Domination (Precursor to campaign) 1st September

Good Afternoon comrades.

There's been a great deal of discussion both on these forums and in the RPS chatroom about the excellently made 'Invasion 1944' mod for ARMA2. Hopefully many of you will be showing up for Invasion Saturdays, organised by Kerfirz and inspired by this public discussion.

I'd like to propose that we establish these Invasion Saturdays into more structured events, based around a campaign structure where we play a series of missions with a loose story structure, where our success in each mission will help mould the proceedings of the next mission, in a sort of 'dynamic' campaign.

Firstly, I'd like to judge interest in such a series of events. In an effort to do so, we will be playing an organised round of Invasion '44 Domination on the ARPS sMODgasboard server, on the 1st September at 19:30 BST.

Secondly, I'd like to know which map you'd like to play this campaign on. In the past, we've played on a series of maps during mod sessions. Some choices (open to suggestion) could be: Celle, Fallujah, Capraia, Lingor, Isla Duala or Reshmaan Province. Bear in mind that the campaign can be played on Chernarus or Takistan if people don't want to download custom islands.

Thank you for your time,

Strang.
    Last edited by StrangLove; 17-08-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    How'd a round of domination demonstrate the interest in a structured campaign?

And who'll be creating the missions?

Network Hub
    To see how many people enjoy playing i44. I believe strang was planning on making a few missions as a contingency.

Yup, Bodge is right on both points.

Sounds interesting! I don't mind downloading custom maps, also if missions need to be made I can volunteer to make some, although I don't know how much free time i'll have when uni starts.

If you want to create missions for I44 drop me a PM, i've made an unofficial F2 port.
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 26-08-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Isn't there a couple of "vanilla" maps included in I44? I'm not sure I'm able to play this Saturday, but I'm very keen. The sound of a dynamic multiplayer campaign sounds completely awesome, and I'd join up as often as I could.

Head, that's not a bad idea. I'm gonna have a look through some custom maps tomorrow, and that'll be one of the islands I'll consider.

Wolf, I'll get back to you tomorrow on the F2 port, but that'd be a great help. Out of interest, how did you decide to balance the ARs in each group?

Blob, as much as I love the I44 maps, they're a little small to give a decent variety of locales for different missions. That said, they're excellently made.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangLove View Post
    Blob, as much as I love the I44 maps, they're a little small to give a decent variety of locales for different missions. That said, they're excellently made.
    Oh okay. Haven't really played around too much with I44 yet. In any case, looking forward to what you guys come up with. Oh and by the way, a little credit: I'm consistently amazed that you people find the time and the energy to create these huge missions for us. Thumbs up.
    Last edited by TheBlobThing; 26-08-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Wolf, I'll get back to you tomorrow on the F2 port, but that'd be a great help. Out of interest, how did you decide to balance the ARs in each group?
    It's the same one I sent you a while ago.

Okay, cool.