Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage4u View Post
    cool.

Yeah.. that map layout had me a bit terrifed (who knew the layout of hell could be frustating) . For some reason the game put me in a corner (of rivers) , and almost had me blocked in by another player Howerver I have plans on dealing with them :) At least the nearest PoP is only about 5 turns away. (lol) - I'm excited to see how the first 10 or so turns go.
    If you are cornered, you only have 1 front to fight on, when your opponent has 2, 3 or maybe 4. Dont be a patsy and try and fight him too early, he'll try and ignore other demands and "contain" you, instead make demands on him, initiate praetor battles, get a star praetor skilled up and then you demand anyone anywhere, from the comfort of your safe little corner.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Very true, although I'll add that given the archfiend's respective ranks (carnage is a Lord and the other player, either Tikey or Jarvis, a Prince), our friend carnage has his work cut out for him. I probably should feel a bit bad for him, but I'm just glad the RNG gods decided to be merciful and plop me down somewhere quiet.

That reminds me I need to have my minions bring me some popcorn. If you two could wait a couple of turns before having at it that'd be real swell.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    Very true, although I'll add that given the archfiend's respective ranks (carnage is a Lord and the other player, either Tikey or Jarvis, a Prince), our friend carnage has his work cut out for him. I probably should feel a bit bad for him, but I'm just glad the RNG gods decided to be merciful and plop me down somewhere quiet.

Its all good. I like a challenge, and I already got my army out of the corner, so At least I'll have some territory. I'll deal with my pesky neighbor when the time is right.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Someone took prince? Brave
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Just a heads up if you haven't followed the Chat.txt-file. No new turns during this weekend, because of a game jam. Now if ever is a good time to hatch plans, aye?

FIGHT.jpg

Took you two long enough. Give us a good show, will you?

PS: To whoever is playing The Shadow! (Tikey? Jarvis?), I hope you have an actual plan, and that my insult in front of the Infernal Conclave didn't bruise your ego to the point where you feel the need to commit suicide by Beast. I'm not very thrilled by the prospect of being the only Archfiend within striking distance of that thing.

I'm the suicidal type :P

Network Hub
    I'm Aster.

Network Hub
    I don't know if it counts as a show if it is just Grazul losing a duel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotekian View Post
    I don't know if it counts as a show if it is just Grazul losing a duel.
    Well of course it counts. Whether it's a good show is a different question altogether.

I don't know about duels, but I'd say legions getting nuked from orbit definitely counts as a good show. A++, would watch again (provided my legions are not involved)

Network Hub
    This coming Weekend (starting Thurs Nov 1st, thru Monday Nov 5th I will have little to no Internet. I'm hoping I'll be able to connect to internet somewhere to check on turns now and then, but I cannot promise anything.

It's okay, I'll be visiting my parents from Thursday to Sunday, so I doubt we'll get any turns in unless I can get SI to work on my Linux-puter.

Also, I have a strange feeling many people want a piece of me. What on Earth are you guys doing?

Network Hub
    I know some may say you haven't done enough to put a stop to Antares great rise to power. That you have instead spent your time bullying the weak, but not I. I've been nothing but peaceful with my western and eastern neighbor.
    Isn't it great that you have one neighbor left who isn't filled with hate.

I, for one, was eager to take on the Beast and am saddened that you'd deny me the opportunity by failing to pay its upkeep on the exact same turn I sent my insult.
    As for the others, Tikey has, to be entirely fair, claims to the Tree of Woe which some might consider legitimate, and Jarvis is like that to everyone so I wouldn't read too much into it. Good job on the rituals tax event, though, that was highly amusing.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotekian View Post
    I know some may say you haven't done enough to put a stop to Antares great rise to power. That you have instead spent your time bullying the weak, but not I. I've been nothing but peaceful with my western and eastern neighbor.
    Isn't it great that you have one neighbor left who isn't filled with hate.
    Now now, I may have fates worse than death planned for all those who dared rise up against me, but at least I make them the courtesy of not taking them for fools. I'd be fairly peaceful as well if I had a mere 26 prestige deficit on the leader, neighbours too weak or too preoccupied elsewhere to make a move against me and an extra +2 prestige PoP sitting in my borders just waiting to be picked up, but alas we cannot all be so lucky.

I'll keep an eye on you.
    Last edited by Antares; 30-10-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    I, for one, was eager to take on the Beast and am saddened that you'd deny me the opportunity by failing to pay its upkeep on the exact same turn I sent my insult.
    Rest assured, the feeling is mutual, but some things are not meant to be.

Go away Kaira, can't you see I'm busy right now?

Why else would you think I'd want to bother you?

Well, lesson learned. Next time, stay close to the PoP and wait the destruction rituals out. Shame about the banner, wouldn't have minded keeping it.

On another note, Tikey, am I to assume you're the new owner of that fancy little goblet? From one archfiend to another, you should have saved yourself the tribute, maybe invested in some life insurance for your praetor.

Carnage, it seems you've submitted a wrong turn. If you would be so kind and amend the situation so we can continue?