Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    sure. and weird.

Network Hub
    done.............................................. ......

Sorry to drag this out further, but I just realized I'd (almost) made a terrible mistake. I deleted my turn and will upload a new one this evening (~7ish PM CET).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    Sorry to drag this out further, but I just realized I'd (almost) made a terrible mistake. I deleted my turn and will upload a new one this evening (~7ish PM CET).
    Haha, yeah I had a few Luke Skywalker esque 'Nooooooo! ' moments myself over a few games. Yay for the mobile dropbox client.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Turn's up, sorry again.

Network Hub
    Oh dear. It looks like Aster will need to start grovelling for his life at this rate. Only 1 canton left between him and certain doom.

He could still get out of this one sans the grovelling if he can destroy carnage's main legion on this turn. If he doesn't, well, his stronghold is in dire need of renovating anyway. Might as well tear the whole thing down, really.

Network Hub
    Not just 1 turn. 1 order slot. Even if he wins the vendetta, if he loses all his cantons in the process; he's dead.

Edit: Actually I can think of a way to survive 1 more turn, so yeah he has this turn at best.
    Last edited by Rotekian; 15-11-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Network Hub
    He had the best of me earlier in the game, so I was saving up for if he tried to challenge me again. He still has some hex's though, so I'll try to help fix that problem.

does something bad happen if a person doesnt control any crux around their homebase?
    Last edited by carnage4u; 15-11-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage4u View Post
    He had the best of me earlier in the game, so I was saving up for if he tried to challenge me again. He still has some hex's though, so I'll try to help fix that problem.

does something bad happen if a person doesnt control any crux around their homebase?
    I think if u dont control any hexes besides your stronghold anybody else that borders you can declare bloodfeud on you without having to demand or anything (and can attack your stronghold and eliminate you). or something like that!

From the manual.

A Disgraced House:
    A player may claim Blood Feud against an opponent whose house is currently in a state of disgrace. Disgrace happens when a player only controls the Canton of his Stronghold. This state of impotence allows any bordering player to claim Blood Feud and, therefore, be allowed to put this disgraced player out of everyone’s misery.

Network Hub
    After a player is eliminated their stronghold counts as a PoP and gives prestige.

I think that a player that holds no cantons can get one without vendetta by purchasing a legion. It will claim one of the cantons next to the stronghold. So if the player is quick he can avoid the blood feud.

No, buying a Legion won't work. Returning from death or unholy war will getting kicked out of enemy territory at the end of a vendetta will "open a door".

so what happens if you buy a legion without cantons?

Network Hub
    The same thing that happens when you take a PoP when you don't own any of the surrounding cantons (such as by flight). The legion dies.

There are event cards that give cantons.
    Last edited by Rotekian; 15-11-2012 at 04:46 PM.

It seems we need to give Aster some applause. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotekian View Post
    The same thing that happens when you take a PoP when you don't own any of the surrounding cantons (such as by flight). The legion dies.

There are event cards that give cantons.
    Actually, it takes your cash, and then goes back to the shop. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    It seems we need to give Aster some applause. Well done.
    Please extrapolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Please extrapolate.
    Aster lives and actually captured a PoP.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Aster lives and actually captured a PoP.

I'm no where near my computer to log in. I assume it was mine. lol. I should have kept with my orginal plan. People had me rethink my strat and probably cost myself.

Before this game is over I will make sure he is out of the game, even at the cost of my own empire. Vengenance!!!!

That was magnificent! My hat's off to you, you crazy bastard.