btw - who is "Interum"

Quote Originally Posted by carnage4u View Post
    btw - who is "Interum"
    Would seem to be Rotekian.

Tikey, please stop pestering me. :(

GIVE ME BACK MY TREE HELL'S DAMMIT!

please post, keep my caps

Network Hub
    I don't know if he's asking who Interim is (the answer being: me) or pointing out a misspelling somewhere. In any case I certainly wish Grazul as much miss-spelling in the future as possible.

So.

The monsoon triggers on the same turn as the vendetta starts, trapping both my legions and making me unable to provide combat support for my southern PoP. Fair enough.
    I misread the Wicked Wain's purchase and think someone else acquired it. My bad.
    It turns out that the Wyrm Mount's movement bonus doesn't apply during the monsoon, doing fuck all for my current predicament and letting Shadow have his way with my territory. It happens.

BUT.
    If I ever get my hands on the upstart, two-bit lying slimeball who stole the Wyrm Mounts I NEVER EVEN GOT TO USE, so help me Satan I will tear them to shreds, feed them to the hellhounds then shoot the hounds and toss them into the abyss!

Network Hub
    It wasnt me, but that monsoon was a rough on me too. Never seen that effect in all the games I've played before. Oh well. I think I'll be elimated in next 3 turns anyway. I think someone played the Monsoon afraid of my legion, but all the did was drag out someone else killing me by a week or so.

Network Hub
    Apparently my well wishes towards Grazul's inaccuracy were entirely effective. I'm sure we all (not counting carnage of course) hope that it continues. If your not too busy hoping we'll kill each other of course. I know the Shadow! and Fallen One are well positioned for such a thing.

Network Hub
    Your army keeps moving toward my capital, so I felt I needed to move towards you. I was heading in the other direction, until you started heading your army towards my capital. Mutual death is not really want I want next turn, but I don't really see any way to stop it from happening. I don't trust you not to take out my capital, and I doubt you trust me not to take out yours. Sadly I don't think I'm even close enough to take out anyone else, from my current spot. I assume everyone else will just watch as we eliminate each other. No real reason to even try to save either of us at this point. In 2 or 3 days when the next turn is ready, we find out what happens :)

Hey gents,

I'm very sorry for being late on the last couple of turns. I probably should have warned in advance, but I've just moved and have been fairly busy on top of having spotty internet access the last few days.
    The good news is I've figured out how to shuffle files from my phone's dropbox app to the computer and back so I should still be able to get those turns in, but I probably won't be available for scheming until my internet access is back up.

Sorry again for the bother.

Sooo.... Interim and Grazul offed each other in one turn. Quite a show, I must say.

[E]

Also, I'd like to take this moment to say that I hope we can finish this game before 21st day, since after that I won't be able to play any new turns until next year.
    Last edited by Kaira-; 14-12-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Network Hub
    The interesting thing to note is that I actually retook my Stronghold on the last order slot. It just didn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotekian View Post
    The interesting thing to note is that I actually retook my Stronghold on the last order slot. It just didn't matter.
    Noticed that too. Curious that it had no effect - or that player isn't eliminated immediately after they lose their HQ.

Network Hub
    I've written notes for a write up of this game. It will take me a while to gather screenshots (where I can, due to missing .sav files). Would people like me to wait until the game end proper to start posting it?

I also need to find the best way to display those screenshots of course.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotekian View Post
    I also need to find the best way to display those screenshots of course.
    Take a few dozen junk screenshots of solium in steam, then replace the files with the ones you want to upload in the folder, then upload from steam? or sign up to one of them hosting sites I guess.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quite an interesting turn of events. This is going to get heated fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    or that player isn't eliminated immediately after they lose their HQ.
    I always thought that was what happened. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle!
    Last edited by Tikey; 14-12-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Network Hub
    I guess I knew that both a person is out, even if they manage to take back the HQ late turn, or enemies will still get their moves in before they are elminated.

I was so confused why you came after me, when my army was moving towards the other playres, and it would have come down to you/me and you would have come out ahead.

oh well :)

I'm down to 3 games now, and maybe I can pay more attention to the details.

Network Hub
    Well I don't think it spoils anything to tell you that I played the Infernal Monsoon. My plan called for killing you before it wore off, but I miscalculated how long it would last because it was 6 turns from 33 (the turn I played the event) rather than 6 turns from 34 (the turn it told me how long the event would last).

It is best to look at my actions from the point at which I played the Monsoon, when I didn't know which way the Beast would fly. It can still be argued that I might have been better off waiting the extra turn and trying to kill the Beast if you moved it north. I wasn't sure if I would have the time and legion power to pull that off.

The other factors to consider are my reliance on the Walking Fortress to kill or survive your legions and the weakness of my Stronghold to a direct attack from the Beast. The weakness of the Walking Fortress is it slows the equipped unit down to movement 1 (obviously not a problem during a monsoon). Without the ability to stop the Beast from just flying in whenever you felt like it, I had to move aggressively to kill you before you did the same to me.

Then there is the greed aspect. I wanted first shot at Aster's Stronghold with the juicy +4 prestige bonus. Combined with all the other PoPs I would have been able to grab I was looking at something in the region of +10 per turn. Combined with the Eye and my Wickedness of 4, it would have been very difficult for anyone to evict me before the end of the game. If I had survived killing you, I would most likely have won.
    Last edited by Rotekian; 14-12-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Network Hub
    for some reason when I loaded the last turn to look at results of all the craziness it didnt show me any turn log, and still shows me in diplomacy screen. I should be elimated. I have no POP or no home base lol.. I assume its just glitched and I'll vanish or i'm the only one seeing the weirdness.

Network Hub
    I thought I'd test out Photobucket. Here is my full log for turn 41.

Dear Kaira / Fallen One,

I was shocked to hear of the fate that befell those boy scouts you sent for. Please rest assured that the proper disciplinary measures have been taken; I took it upon myself to ensure that the Grinning Legion was sent a sternly worded letter advising against such actions in the future.

In the meanwhile, my minions have gathered all the remains they could find in a box (a small one; don't worry, I'll cover the postage). Should I have them send it your way, or would you rather I sent it to the Tyrant along with an apology card?

Yours Faithfully,
    Naberius