The declining mental state of Dave Mustaine...

... Is it actually in decline, or is he just as outright, bug-fuck mental now as he ever was, but in new and different ways?

After reading about this ridiculously asinine theory of his this week, I would pay good money to see democratically elected, US-born president Barack Obama give Mustaine the back of his non-massacre organizing hand.

Eh, ever since he became a born-again Christian he's been going downwards. What I think is happening that it's just so much more easier to get an outlet to speak through nowadays than, say, five years ago, so obviously we notice it more easily if someone says and/or does dumb shit.

Also, I've never liked Megadeth, because Mustaine can't sing. Come at me.

it must have really sucked, getting kicked out of Metallica.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I dunno guys, I can kinda see it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    Attention whore or crazy idiot? Maybe he's both.

"What is this garbage you're watching, I want to watch the news".

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    The Republican party, and by extension its most rabid supporters, has been drifting away from anything resembling honesty, integrity and sane policies ever since George W. Bush was elected. But during Obama's presidency they became particularly vicious. They essentially spent the last four years attacking the Democrats on just about any imaginable issue while simultaneously denying any responsibility for the poisoned discourse and increase in partisanship in the US.

With the upcoming presidential election, I fear incidents like this will only increase. Even more so since the policies of Republican candidate Mitt Romney and his vice-presidential pick Paul Ryan can be summarized as giving tax cuts to the rich and killing off the poor and I'm not even exaggerating for comedic effect.

I'm not going to claim there was ever a time in any country when democratic elections were completely honest and open, but the sheer intellectual dishonesty of the GOP is genuinely baffling. They're one step away from your average comic book super villain and worst of all, they seem to get away with it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    The Republican party, and by extension its most rabid supporters, has been drifting away from anything resembling honesty, integrity and sane policies ever since George W. Bush was elected. But during Obama's presidency they became particularly vicious. They essentially spent the last four years attacking the Democrats on just about any imaginable issue while simultaneously denying any responsibility for the poisoned discourse and increase in partisanship in the US.

With the upcoming presidential election, I fear incidents like this will only increase. Even more so since the policies of Republican candidate Mitt Romney and his vice-presidential pick Paul Ryan can be summarized as giving tax cuts to the rich and killing off the poor and I'm not even exaggerating for comedic effect.

I'm not going to claim there was ever a time in any country when democratic elections were completely honest and open, but the sheer intellectual dishonesty of the GOP is genuinely baffling. They're one step away from your average comic book super villain and worst of all, they seem to get away with it.
    When you've got a mechanism in place for constant, mass disinformation serving a party whose primary goal is to win elections, not govern the country, you have a real problem on your hands.

However, this dysfunction didn't start under Dubya. It merely came to the fore under Dubya. It started under Nixon and gained traction under Reagan. The people in charge of the party right now cut their teeth in the Reagan cabinet, and their political philosophy has been remarkably consistent: Instead of voting against popular, beloved Democratic social programs (as that'd be political suicide), simply defund them by wasting as much government money as possible, and creating an image of federal government as wasteful and incompetent. This is why the deficit increases many-fold every time a Republican is in office. This is why Republicans are only deficit hawks when Democrats are in office.

Surely you remember Norquist and his "I'm not in favor of abolishing the government. I just want to shrink it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub." Surely you remember Reagan's sneering "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Here are politicians simultaneously dictating policy and sneering that policy doesn't work. Why? Because their agendas were to destroy the ability for the government to govern. Our current intractable dysfunction can be traced straight to that. When the country watched, shocked, as the GOP held our budget hostage to score a few cheap political points, we should have collectively woken up to the fact that they were doing that for close to 40 years.

The hatred of Obama isn't new. It's certainly more insidious, but it isn't new. Anybody who's lived under Clinton remembers what a unified hatefest looks like, because we sat through eight months of Monica Lewinsky and four years of vicious Hillary jokes in the service of dismantling her health care plan. The older of us would remember the dirty trick played against Carter, which ultimately killed the last of the liberal Democratic party. No, this isn't new. This is just the chickens coming home to roost.
    Last edited by Nalano; 21-08-2012 at 01:53 AM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen