Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Someone posted this as a support/damage build which you may be interested in, seems celestial armour is a pretty good option.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQ...CZW0S1CBIbMA-w
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

Activated Node
    Thanks for the suggestions, I still have a few levels to grind with the ele, but then I'll try out some combinations with pvt/zerker or celestial
    Valconas

So I have been playing/levelling my ele in WvW recently, but have only planned out my build until level 60. Now I'm not quite sure what to do anymore. After asking Icepop for advice, I came up with this. The idea is to be not directly in the zerg, but at the edges, tagging with fire and healing with water (also to stay alive).
    The thing is that I find myself more often inside of the zerg fight than I would like, so I was fiddling around with the traits and this came out. While losing Diamond Skin makes me sad, the shared auras thing does not seem like something I would use all too much, especially because I tend to focus on water and fire at the moment (and air for the stun field).
    Anyway, it's still a bit until level 80 and I don't know what will happen in the meantime!

Edit: Note that the falling damage trait will be switched for the reduced cantrip recharge and the Arcane Wave can be switched out for speedy signet and Lightning Flash, depending on the situation
    Last edited by Labbes; 10-01-2014 at 10:27 PM.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    Update on my elementalist I got to 80 a few weeks ago:

It's delightful.

I've been shameless. All into fire with some traits in air for maneuverability. Fiery great sword with ice bow, the block-y arcane-y shield thing and blink. I had about 200 laurels over the past year of doing guild missions and I spent pretty much all of them. Same goes for badges on honour on beserker gear. I don't care about the meta. I have a staff and I'm not afraid to use it, damn it!

The result:

I joined the Eternal Battlegrounds raid on Saturday night and simply had an awesome time. Make no mistake: I am quite useless without the zerg and I definitely didn't try to 'optimise' the gear, but it's bloody good fun.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Lookin' good!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

I've also leveled a new Ele to 80 over the last couple of days and have had some fun with staff in WvW. Bombing zergs with Meteor Shower and boosting the damage through Tornado makes big numbers pop up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Whats the zerky Ele in zerg build of choice then?
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

30/10/10/10/10 with staff is a popular one. You basically stay in fire all the time. Alternatively, you can run S/D with Lightning Hammer (anything else will reduce your damage too much to be worth it). Optimal would be a combination of both (edit: on two players of course!) for endless fire fields and might stacking with LH, however that doesn't happen too often i guess. If you take a look at the official forums and gw2guru you will find quite a lot of self proclaimed meta gods, I would say look for builds that back their claims up with numbers.

Edit: Oh, just saw that you asked for a zerg build. Go with staff then I would say. Healing skill should be the new one, since it is arcane and a blast finisher. Sigil of Fire and Arcane Blast are what I most often run in addition, sometimes I switch Sigil of Fire out for Sigil of Air for the run speed (staff #5 with blast finishers is also ok, but be wary to keep it off cooldown for engagements). Mist Form is good for defense, but can be swapped out for other utility. Choose the elite depending on the situation. When fighting blobs, Tornado is really great in combination with Meteor Shower (increases damage) and fun in EotM with the knockback (also good for sweeping through enemy zergs).
    Last edited by Squiz; 12-02-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    How to aim Dragon's Tooth. Something every ele needs to know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btEdxkhd_pk

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    *hangs head in shame*

Activated Node
    "This won't end well."

Activated Node
    R.I.P. FGS :'(. Damage decreased by 70%
    "This won't end well."

"We've increased the leap damage by 140%" ... Yeah, we all care about the bloody leap. The intention of this change wasn't at all to hinder speed runs *sarcastic face*. At least if they had the balls to say so right away rather than poorly camouflaging it.
    Usually running one of my "Moonspell" norns.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    No surprise, it was a long time coming. The meteor/tornado thing has also been fixed.

At least they made elementals a bit more interesting, instead of that blank space on your skill bar while they're active. Glyph of Storms is now useful in attunements other than earth, too.

Overall some nice buffs, coupled with justified but painful bug fixes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I go away for a week and they nerf FGS and give necros cleave. What is the world coming to?
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    I go away for a week and they nerf FGS and give necros cleave. What is the world coming to?
    Same reaction I had

Still catching up on announcements and the drama that came with them.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.