Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found

Recent technical changes

Morning chaps and chapesses. With the recent changes they've put in starting tail end of last year I have noticed that I keep seeing default armours on other players more often after appearing in zones for hte first time - sometimes even when they load in too.

Now I've got a quad core 8gb beast with a fairly hefty gfx card. I score 7.2 (ssd disk on usb 2 actually is the lowest) so I doubt its my hardware - but is it bandwidth not giving me as much data as I'd ideally like or the gw2 servers being that much more loaded with all the new stuff not being able to send me it as quickly as it used to?

Has anyone else noticed a rise in this effect?

I normally run at high 20's in fps in LA.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

I'm seeing major FPS drops in WvW fights now. I never used to lose frames outside of a big three-way in Stonemist, but recently it's been pretty much every time a zerg comes across another.

I use Rata Sum as my base but sometimes it takes a good three minutes after the loading screen for all of the textures etc. to appear.

I'm using an i7 at 3.6GHz with an AMD Radeon HD 6800 card so similar to you Monkey, but I'm using a normal HD.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    LA is awful. The sooner my namesake Ms Briar trashes it the better.
    I use Ebonhawke as my base - crafting stations, guild bank and TP within a short space.
    Occasionally have to come to LA for fracs/MF unfortunately
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

While I have huge issues with LA, I think my framerate in WvW has actually gone up. Go figure.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I haven't had any problem with LA recently (until yesterday when I had terrible lag in the dungeon too).
    I only use LA because it is the only place I can get to for free.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Definitely noticed it taking longer for textures and ui to load in LA when I visit, but my computer is old and currently beginning to die so it's not the best example.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I thought they'd recently introduced optimisations...?
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Network Hub
    I'd say the slower loading of character clothing is probably one of the results of said optimisation.

If anyone is on BT, big problems with peak time throttling at the moment apparently, even on 'no throttling' contracts. There's a long thread on the BT forums.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    LA is definitely longer than any other places to load but I always thought it was normal due to the number of people, it's ok to have naother base but the forge is only in LA :/
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Well, that problem will be "solved" soon...
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    LA is definitely longer than any other places to load but I always thought it was normal due to the number of people, it's ok to have naother base but the forge is only in LA :/
    Borderlands' garrisons have 'em, as well as the Heart of the Mists. But yeah, a bit weird to go so far out of your way just to use a Mystic Forge if your base is somewhere like Rata Sum.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.