Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

GW2 RPS Guild Introduce Yourself

Welcome one and all!

Please use this thread to introduce yourselves. In the future we'll ask all potential members of the RPS guild to come here and say hello so we at least ensure some link to RPS.

Fancy joining the guild? This is the place to do it, but first please have a read of this:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...l=1#post109309

Back with us? Still keen to join? Good, please say hello here and tell us a little about yourself. If you're new to RPS, it'd be good to also mention what brought you here and why you're interested in joining the guild.

Don't worry, its not an audition - although if you're a complete arse, or clearly don't fit in with our sensibilities we'll politely say no - but we'd like to have as many guild members as possible be active members of the forums as well.

Please note flattery/bribery is both tolerated and encouraged.

EDIT: Having introduced yourself please either post your account name (the one with 4 zeroes on the end) or please PM it to me here

Please avoid sending it to me in game as I tend to miss chat messages
    Last edited by Krathor; 13-02-2014 at 11:26 AM.

Activated Node
    Hello, I am AsimBa and I am utterly incapable of writing anything coherent or slightly amusing about myself.
    I may be a narcissist, but I do not find the name Lord King AsimBa of NÝrn to be anything but normal.
    I go to school sometimes, but mostly I use the facilities for other extracurricular activities. Sometimes I hang out with friends, workout, play tennis, pretend to be good at music stuff, make stupid statements or listen to RON PAUL on the youtube, because he is pretty cool for being old. I've waited for GW2 ever since prophesies came out and i played a real pc game for the first time, except for warcraft 3 with 20 fps on a computer that cost about 5000$ in 2000something. I still haven't decided what class I will be playing, but I am certainly looking forward to playing with all of you on the wrong side of the abyss (atlantic ocean). Hopefully I should be able to infuse further posts with puns and join in other shenanigans.

I need no introduction. Specially not up my rear end. That's a very rude way to introduce things (in)to people, although we used to do that all the time here in ye olden times, because we were bored. People tend to forget, though, that particular medieval (and later) past time was not at all exclusive to us. The germans had a curious fondness for it too. Recently, it's been said that nobody expects us, and that's probably true. We tend to be party crashers!

I've also played GW1 sinces the very first beta they had, and currently play with the RPS chaps on the Minecraft forum, under the same name and all!

I hope we can be friends and I can add something to the guild. Also, I'm a good cook!

Obscure Node
    I do need an introduction (go go post number 2).

Former WoW player since beta. Managed to quit twice previously (after Illidan and at the start of Ulduar) and stopped after slapping Deathwing. I will not be re-subbing again (honest guv').
    Always wanted to play a Necromancer since I saw the concept art in the art book that came with the vanilla WoW CE.
    Now I've played one (over the stress tests and beta weekends) and it was worth the wait

Hated GW1 (tried it during a WoW hiatus).

Currently trying to finish Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood before Saturday.

Hello everyone,

some of you might already know me through other RPS related gaming activites. I'm a big fan of Guild Wars 1 and therefore it was only logical for me to get the sequel as well. Looking forward to get things going, although I cannot join the fun until Monday next week.

See you around!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Hi I'm Screwie, I never played enough GW1 and intend to make up for it 250 years later.

One of my main aims in GW2 is to become a master chef (and probably fill up the guild vault with a feast of buff items, muahaha). And to collect all the prettiest outfits, of course.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Ahoyhoy

Ex player of many an mmo here, including GW1 and WoW where I was an office (and temporarily leader) of a pretty hardcore raiding guild back in the pre-expansion days. Looking to go far more casual in GW2 now I have work and things as opposed to the previous student lifestyle.

I'm fairly well read up on details so should be quite approachable in game if people need anything :]
    Chances are I shall be warrior-ing it up at first, with a necro to follow afterwards.

I'm also an artist for a living should we need any more little pics done for various reasons.

Activated Node
    I was like WOW and stuff and UO and stuff and then I was like BOOORING. Then I did some other stuff and then I came here.

GW1 did not hold my interest for more than 20 hours or so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Wolfenswan here. Some may know me from shooting me in the face in Arma2 or killing my players in Blood Bowl.

Never played GW1 or any MMO since DAoC (get off my lawn) but I'm looking forward to explore GW2. Probably with a Guardian.

Hi everyone. I'm Tom, also an ex-WoW player. I was in a guild on The Venture Co. initially but we all ended up on Ravenholdt.

My focus was always on PvP and I don't see anything changing for GW2. Hopefully I'll be bringing the joint server first High Warlord along with me!

I also have all of next week off. So expect to see me quite a lot

Obscure Node
    Hi all - long time RPS reader/lurker here.
    I've dabbled in my fair share of MMO's (WoW, EVE, City of Heroes, STO, GW1) and I'll be up at the crack of dawn on Saturday, willing ANet to get the servers up.
    I'm looking forward to the WvWvW stuff, but I think I'm going to need some time running around to get myself properly acquainted with the game (not to mention mild alt-itis). Exploring new frontiers is very much my thing, coupled with mild obsessive-compulsiveness, which means I'll be roaming around maps getting constantly distracted. That said, I'm happy to tag along and help out where needed (it's nice to feel useful)

Hi there.

Never played WoW, played two months of Warhammer Online, but played over 3000 hours of GW1.
    Guild Wars 1 was my first MMO, and also my first venture into the depths of online culture. Can't say that I liked what I saw, but the game was good enough to let me endure the idiots around me.

I don't have any goals for Guild Wars 2, well besides gathering a bunch of people to play hide & seek with.
    I'm going to play an Elementalist, because this was my main class in GW1 and I can't let go of it.

What I like the most about GW2? That I'm able to call a character 'Mokka' and it still can considered to be an appropriate name, at least when you play an Asura.

By the way, I'm from Germany, so expect to be shocked should I happen to say something in mumble.

Can I add something to this Guild? Well I can make my own bread, but I doubt that will help you people. I also have the tendency to not care much about the worth of virtual goods, so expect some free stuff from time to time (free stuff makes you popular right?!).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Hello! I'm Jockie, you may know me from places such as 'Forum Post 354' or the various games I've played with other RPSers (WAR, Bloodbowl, LoL, a bunch more), if not, then please refer to the first word of the post again for emphasis.

This last week of waiting for GW 2 is already quite trying, can't wait to get stuck in with the knowledge that this time finally my character(s) will be there to stay.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Network Hub
    Hello, been lurking on these threads, keeping up with where RPS will call home with the intention of join up when everything went live. Might as well say hello now!

Look forward to plenty of WvW and mumble shenanigans.

Activated Node
    Hi guys,

I'm, for lack of a more creative name, Rokahef! I discovered RPS about two years ago, after being generally dissatisfied with the news quality over at Kotaku and needing a new place to get my news from.

I immediately fell in love with RPS' writing style, and you commenters always make my day! It's the best community around, even when you're all bitching and moaning about D3. =D

I played GW1 for about 5 years off and on, focusing on a Derv, a Sin and a Rit, but really got into it during the last two years or so.

I played through several of the GW2 beta weekends and couldn't decide whether I really liked how different the game was from GW, but something seems to have clicked during the stress test after BWE3, because now I'm hooked!

I'm really looking forward to my Norn Engineer, but my other 4 alts will definitely get a lot of attention as well. Looking forward to seeing you all in game, assuming I ever remember to write down my account name/number and send it to Timofee. =)

Cheers!
    Rok.
    Last edited by Rokahef; 21-08-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Emm, hi. I'm Bankrotas and I'm terrible at talking about myself. I'm just a good asshole or something like that.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Howdy!

Name's Maurish, I'm a former WoW player but quit about two years ago. Was a hardcore raider, guild's main tank and officer but I'm looking for a more casual experience this time. Haven't played Guild Wars 1 before so this is a whole new universe for me.

I'll be playing a Norn Guardian, not sure about the name yet, will figure something out. Looking forward to Saturday although I'm not sure if I can get up exactly at launch, got this night owl routine at the moment, trying to get myself on a normal schedule.

Hopefully I'll see you all around.

Hey doods.

My name is Wayward. I haven't properly played an MMO since Anarchy Online, so this is probably going to go horribly. I did a bit of Eve Online in college and I played The Old Republic for a month before I got bored.

I'll be playing pretty casually, on account of having a full time job that keeps me pretty busy, so my casual attitude and lack of familiarity with MMOs will probably lead to me being confusing most, if not all, of the time I'm online.

I missed all three beta weekends (Lack of Bandwidth, Wedding, Family Event - who puts these things on during the weekend?) so I have no idea what character / class I'm going for.

Still, I'd rather play with the cool kids than randomers online!

Hello! I'm ata, I plan on being there fairly early-ish Saturday morning provided I manage to avoid the usual Friday night pint temptation!

I'm still undecided on what class/Race I want to play, we shall find out on Saturday morning. I'm planning on splitting my time between PVE & WvWvW (T3 RvR in WAR was some good times!) possibly dabbling in crafting as well.

I played GW1 for a little while at launch but never played any of the expansions. My main MMO experience is with EQ2, which I played for years. I've also put quite a bit of time into EVE, SWG (left shortly after the CU), SWTOR & WAR. Also enjoy my shooters, loving TF2 again just now, I had recently been enjoying BF3 until all that premium nonsense started which has put me off the game completely.

Look forward to seeing you all in-game!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
    Hey doods.

I haven't properly played an MMO since Anarchy Online, so this is probably going to go horribly.
    I think that's pretty much the only MMO i ever played! (not counting GW1). Don't remember it much, except for people running through dungeons yelling 'TRAAAIIIIN!", followed by my character's immediate death. =D