Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Hey all.

Dissident.7321 speaking here.
    Looooong time Guild Wars player and played all GW2 beta weekends, to try every class out.

Started reading RPS after I randomly stumbled a RPS social event and then I kinda of felt obliged to start. :P
    I've been attending all socials ever since. I might have already met some of you and hopefully will meet even more.

Without further ado, I present to you :
    Garth the Cursed - Charr Necro
    Pallantir - Norn Guardian
    Tiwelle - Silvari Ranger
    Veek Gearhead - Asura Engineer
    <to be renamed> - Human Thief

Will be waiting for an invite.

See you in-game.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrne View Post
    Hello all,

Another long time reader posting for the first time here!

I have been playing MMO's for good while now (WoW, WaR, Rift, ToR etc, although i managed to miss GW1 for some reason) so thought i'd give GW2 a shot. So i figured who better the play along with than the lovely people here at RPS.
    Based on what i have read so far it should be fun.

I only pre-ordered the standard version so no early access for me. Meaning i'll post my account name when i have it, which should be tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing you all in-game!
    Hey,

Finally got my copy installed and registered. My account name is Kyrne.4937.

Cheers!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Hello!

I've been following RPS for a long time, since just after it started I think. I live in the cold north, like playing computer games, eating pancakes and playing the classical guitar. I have on occasion tried doing all three at once.

I'm currently playing an Asura warrior and a Sylvari mesmer on the Desolation server and am guilded with some old friends from ye olde Worlde of Warcraft but we only managed to drag 4 people over to GW2 and it feels a bit lonely at times, so some more people to chat and adventure with would be brilliant. As I understand it you can join multiple guilds but does this also go across servers? If not I wouldn't mind changing my home server.

My username is Skalpadda.6087, hope to see you in game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlee View Post
    Will you, RPS, take this man, Howlee.5826 to be your lawful, (won't hold up in a court of law) wedded (I don't want to) guildie?*
    But it will hold up in the Court of Lawl, as any motion can be sustained For the Lulz.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Hi,

I've been around these parts for a long while, though more of a watcher than a slayer. I'm a very occasional forum participant, and part of the RPS Blood Bowl circuit; it'd be nice to have some company while I wander around Tyria looking confused and clicking on things.

Username is DeekyFun.8427

Ta

I am Mr Alec Meer, lord of hair Bonzrat's Avatar
    Hello, I am Alec Meer, unshaven co-editorperson of the good ship Rock, Paper, Shotgun, and I am also known as bonzrat.7490.
    Peace through tyranny

Right, I'm up to date excepting the invite system doesn't seem to like the following two usernames:

Talsadir.9301 (ignore this - you're already in!!)
    Oognoko.5036 (Edit 2 - as are you, gosh I'm rubbish)

Please could you either check the numbers at the end or right or alternatively whisper me in game and we'll see if we can make it work that way (Timofee.9357)
    Last edited by Timofee; 30-08-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Activated Node
    Have been on the RPS forum for a while but I rarely post because I seldom have anything worthy of thought to say. Used to play lots of Arma2 back about two years ago, but nothing for a long time.

Didn't ever play GW1 and wasn't in the GW2 beta so I'm Billy No Mates starting afresh really.

I'm a mature gamer (age wise), been gaming since the 80s, and er, I don't know, whatever

Oh and I'm already in the guild, but for the record my username is harvb.2984. Chars!

Hello!

My name is Stuart. I am 21, from Dublin and I'm a student embarking on my final year of college studying psychology. I've played WoW, but I was never very good at it. I did enjoy being in a guild though, and I'm really looking joining you all in Tyria. I mostly play strategy games like the total war series, but I'm also very fond of Stalker, DayZ and any RPG which features Dwarfs.

I'm going to be quiet now, as I see the Lord of hair has graced us with his ever watchful avatar.

See you in game!

SeriousSgtStu.1309

Activated Node
    Howdy, I'm manveruppd, some of you will remember me from the BWEs but you won't have talked to me since launch cause I wasn't able to accept my invite into the guild for the first 4 days and yesterday when it finally worked I was getting the "you are not in a guild" error message when I tried to talk in guild chat! No matter, it'll sort itself out, there have been far worse MMO launches in history You'll see me in-game as Cornelius van Sporg and Cool Cat Corn (necro and elementalist respectively, though I'm also planning to make a mesmer)

Been playing GW since the beginning and the way it tried to combine the ethos of the online arena FPS with the theme and feel of the fantasy RPG really grabbed me. It was a game designed for PvP first with the PvE tacked on as a tutorial, and it showed, but I didn't mind. The PvE in GW2 is, by contrast, the best I've ever played in any MMO, but I expect that once I get my fill of it I'll start spendning most of my time in WvW and sPvP here too

Hi!

Im Chris and im From Dublin, I'm 19 and have been gaming all my life. I Played WoW for several years and loved tanking. I played GW1 briefly and didn't like it much but GW2 is insane and I plan on playing it for a long time to come, I haven't settled on any particular role or class yet, but look forward to having fun with all of you in the future.

Peace, Nackertash.6852

Hello!

I'm from Austria, 24 and although I haven't contributed to the forum yet I'm a long time follower of Rock Paper Shotgun. It is actually the first time that i dare participating in playing an MMOG and i'm pretty much hooked to Guild Wars 2, especially the dungeons are fun and challenging. So i'd like to occasionally form a group with members of this nice community and venture through Tyria.

My username is AutumnSown.4107

Looking forward to see you in game.

Hello :>

My name is Jon, I'm from the UK and have been a regular reader of RPS for about a year now.

I have been playing MMOs since the age of 12 (I'm now 22) with an old game called Myth of Soma, after watching it on a Sky channel named Games Network.. which later turned into Babe Station. This game is why I first got the internet in the first place

I've played many MMOs since, I finally quit WoW after 6 years (on and off pre TBC).. Only fun I had in that game was being with the guilds/friends & raiding in the later days.

Hopefully be able to find some friends here with the RPG guild as only a few of my friends from WoW have made the jump to GW2. I've never been a fan of PvP, but WvWvW is just awesome.. I get to hide behind an army of people & walls!

My display name: Malfious.8370

My main is an Elementalist named Malfious, usually called this in everything I play

I did join the guild for one of the beta weekends, but forgot to post in this thread for launch, so here it is

Hope to join the guild, see you ingame!
    Last edited by Malfious; 31-08-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Hey guys, I haven't been around for a while because I'm stupidly sick but some of you might have played a coop Icewind Dale 2 game with me a few months ago (I'm sure squirrelfanatic remembers, since he murdered me with a magic missile) and would love to join the guild. I'm not decided on what to play and probably will never be since I'm a total altaholic but I'll probably start off as a Mesmer, or an Engineer or maybe an Elementalist, who knows, I certainly don't. I also tend to get completely obsessed with crafting in MMOs (of which I've played many) and will most likely harass you guys through mail with fresh items I just made and don't need.

I'm Chocakwartz.4731 in game but I probably won't be around much for at least a few weeks because I'm still quite sick.

Hey Choca, nice to see you again! Yeah, well, that Magic Missile... I told you I was aiming at that sailor behind you. No, really. By the way, you should totally play an Asura, I bet he will love my Elementalist.

See you in-game!
    Forum janitor in training.

Obscure Node
    Hey; can you send an invite to me, yellowfrogred.9301 . Long time reader; was pretty active with rockpaperinferno.

Obscure Node

add me in plz

DP; sorry people
    Last edited by Some_Guy; 31-08-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: dp

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Me and my missus would like to join you chaps for fun times.
    I'm groovychainsaw.8157 and the missus is emsiebums.3420. I'm looking forward to some co-ordinated WvW stuff :-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

I suppose I need an invite as well: Anthile.8493
    New! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Not so new anymore! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Hey Choca, nice to see you again! Yeah, well, that Magic Missile... I told you I was aiming at that sailor behind you. No, really. By the way, you should totally play an Asura, I bet he will love my Elementalist.

See you in-game!
    we could pick up our shortlived IWD2 endeavours in GW2 with some brand new alt-characters?