Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Hello everyone. I am a long time reader of the website, but I have never ventured on the forum before. I met a member of the guild by chance today while I was dancing in front of Warmaster Yulia, hopping to debug her (which unfortunately did not work) and he or she suggested I join the forum and ask for an invite, which I thought was a brilliant idea.

My gaming time is fairly weird, since I work during day time and live in Asia, but I hope that this won't be a problem. I haven't played video games in many years, having been busy with university in Canada first, then work, but I'm trying to get back into it through Guild Wars 2, which I highly enjoy. I was an avid player of the original Guild Wars at one point, but I stopped playing years ago. I spend most of my time in game exploring around and I play at my own pace, but I would really like to join some guild events and find some friends to play with.

If it seems like I might fit in the guild, my account is Zweiko.3745. Thank you for reading my introduction !

Obscure Node
    Hi. Im a long time reader of RPS but as you can see ive never posted anything. Maybe that will cahnge in the future.
    Im looking for a gw2 guild right now and after doing 2 dungeons with RPS guys i can say that this guild looks like fun
    My account is Kekswal.9837

Obscure Node
    Hullo.
    Long time reader, not much of a forumite. Played in the glorious RPSH Eve Corp for 7 months where I became famous for being a charming scoundrel and all in all lovable person. [Source required]

Playing GW2 very randomly which is it's major strength due to the lack of subscription model. Enjoying elite peeveepee with my Guardian kitty, as well as stomping about in PvE. Would love an invite for some bro's to hang with. Archer.2041.
    Archer Vegari in Eve Online.
    Archer Vegas in Bad Company 2.
    Nihilille in other random games.

Obscure Node
    Hello,
    I've been reading the site for a long time, though I dont really use the forums. I just got the game and would love to join the RPS guild.

Collic.3749

Hi, looking to join the guild please! Playing as a Warrior at the mo solo and looking to team up.

CuriousOrange.3891

Obscure Node
    Hello. Yet another long time reader, first time poster looking to get into the guild. I played quite a bit of GW1 back in the day and I'm loving GW2 so far, although I have a bad case of altitis and trying to settle on a class to main is taking quite a while.

My account name is effbee.9724

Obscure Node
    Hey all. I've been playing GW2 a fair bit. Quite like the variety of WvW and PvE stuff. But I ALWAYS choose the worst classes, so of course I'm a norn ranger lady (which means I'm mostly ok solo but useless in WvW). I also rolled a guardian (also useless) and until recently an engineer (yeap, useless).

Yay for not knowing any of the classes when you start!

zoombapup.9847

Good day chaps,

I've been lurking RPS for quite a while, but never actually got around to commenting/posting on the forums. Regardless, I'm well versed in the most important aspect of RPS viewship, that of memes: And in the game, *FACE, CEO of Paradox.
    This shibboleth I hope would allow me to join you lot for a bit of fun in GW2.

I more or less just started playing, but I used to play quite a bit of WoW and GW1.
    If anyone would be so kind as to invite me into the guild, I would be eternally grateful. My account name is 'EnigmaticGray.3064'.

Obscure Node
    Hi, I’m Lomarath.
    I’m a long time RPS reader and I am very glad this site exists.
    I’m 31 years old but with a rather young gaming history. I startetd PC gaming in the mid 90s with Command & Conquer and War Craft 2. Other games I consider important to my gaming history are: Half-Life, Deus Ex, Unreal Tournament, Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment, Morrowind. In general I had my main interest shift from RTS to 3D Shooters to RPGs. If I had to choose a game for „Gaming made me“ this would be awfully difficult. I‘m still playing games from all genres but since a couple of years the RPG genre is the one I enjoy the most. Currently I still enjoy playing Skyrim. I never played a MMORPG in my life but always felt intrigued by them.
    The reason I started with Guild Wars 2 is because many of ist features seem to be comaptible with my personal life: no grinding and very suitable to the time I have available. Currently I’m playing Guild Wars 2 a lot solo so I’m looking forward to meet some RPS folks in game.
    Lomarath.5429

edgeblend.1359

Long time RPS reader and commenter, looking forward to joining RPSignet.

Obscure Node
    Drossy.7852

Hi,

Another long time reader, very very occasional forum poster. Currently running around solo in GW2, but with the nagging feeling that I'm kinda missing the point/

Obscure Node
    Inadaze.9327

Hey guys,

Long time daily visitor to the site.
    Have managed to scrape my way to 78 alone but i feel strangely incomplete.I feel a vast empiness within,an emptiness that can only be filled by making some new virtual fantasy friends.
    Lookin forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Inadaze

Right, we should be up to date now.

If I could politely ask people to actually y'know introduce yourselves rather than just say "hello, please invite me" from here on out that'd be super

Mornin' all,

I've been out of MMOs for a while, but GW2 invited me back in with its casual pricing structure, so I'm kicking around and finding my feet in the game. Outside of the game I'm usually living in a different timezone from everyone else due to my job's changing hours, so expect perpetually confused and I suffer from an absurdist sense of humour (and apparently an American spellchecker), so don't expect me to ever make too much sense. I'd list my activity on the site, but you can already see my join date and post count. You'd expect my slightly advanced age to make me mature, I'd go with patient and pedantic, which I guess is mature to many people. Don't expect me to jump in the correct direction, I've wiped WoW raids because I can't tell left from right in a hurry.

Oh, yeah, my account is feldspar.1260.

Edit: Hmmm, I really should have advertised myself a bit better.

Obscure Node
    Nyogtha.8093

Hi all.

Been gaming (boardgames, computer games, pnp rpgs) for around 30 years. I played/owned most platforms from Speccies (16k to 128k), TSR-80s, Dragon 32, then fell to console gaming on the SNES (I still have the mental and physical scars of the 16 hour non-stop Mario Kart marathons), Dreamcast and then Xboxes. In the late 90s I got my first of many PCs and soon fell into a life consuming addiction to Ultima Online (a mmo high still to be equalled - I'm pinning my hopes on Archeage to fix that) finally jumping ship with the introduction of Trammel/Felucca (the day the game died for me) and swimming over to good ship Evercrack. Since then I've dipped into numerous other mmo's (EQ 2, D&D Online, LotRO, Fallen Earth, etc, etc) but never stayed, nothing held my attention long term. So hopefully GW 2 will be different, at least until Archeage fulfills/shatters my dreams of a next generation UO. I'm not a powergamer, I like to saunter along take in the sights rather than charge thru to the 'endgame' (whoever came up with that idea wants keelhauling) in a week. So the RPS guild sounds like it suits my play style down to the ground; casual intermittent play with occasional sustained bursts (Ooer missis).

Is that enough info? If you want to know more gis a prod and I will endeavour to bore you to death. ;o) So can I have an invite now please? :O)

Invites sent, welcome to the guild.

Hi there, long time reader, first time poster..

looking for some bloody nice chaps to spend some time in a virtual world with.. im a recovering hardcore wow raider who's since discovered that his young children are most disrespectful of raid times and the need to undertake tedious daily quests. Love the sense of humour of the articles here and especially enjoy reading the comments after them,warface anyone.

henlaaz.2943

cheers

Hello there, another in the long line of long time(ish) reader first time poster looking for an invite.

Been gaming for far too long (first game on the PC I remember playing clearly was PGA golf on my 286/12, but my pedigree starts with a ZX81), been MMO'ing since EQ1, jumping to DAOC, AO, CoH, LOTRO, DnD, WoW, EQ2 - basically think of an acronym and I've probably played it. The only ones I spent any serious time with are the ones I've managed to find a decent bunch of people to hang out with, so I'm really looking for an active and friendly bunch of people that aren't too hung up on end game progression, or creating major drama within the guild.

user name is grobbendonk.3271

Obscure Node
    Hello all,

I'm not really an active member of the forums, but I read RPS regularly. Some of my RL friends have joined this guild thing of your, and I am much interested to join you guys. I currently don't have much time to play but I get in a few hours every other day
    I haven't been in a guild in guild wars 2 before and I'm really curious to what it's like. (Since it's called guild wars after all)

My name is Styn.1095 and I play a Sylvari Ranger on Gunnar's Hold

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Hi there!

My name's TechnoJellyfish (a brief and non-descriptive introduction post can be found here), I'm in my late twenties and I tend to spend a little too much time on video games lately. I am usually not into MMOs, having only played a few either in beta (LotRO, TOR) or by the time they went F2P but none kept me interested for more than 10 hours.

GW2 on the other hand seemed to depart enough from the usual MMO formula to convince me to give it a try and the investment of a single retail game made the purchase much more reasonable. Having played quite extensively during the past 2 weeks, I can confidently say that I'm really enjoying most of the experience and I have a feeling that it might be time to add some hitherto neglected aspects of the game (namely guilds and dungeons).

I guess I'm playing this much more casually than most players (doing mostly exploration stuff at my own pace) but that seems to fit nicely with the initial description of the guild. Also, I imagine that it's much more fun doing dungeons with some regulars instead of some random players.

At the moment I'm playing a female Sylvari thief (currently @ level 45) exclusively and I'm usually available for play between 8 and 12 pm (UTC+2). Looking forward to playing with you bunch!

TJ

P.S.: I've sent my account details to Timofee, because I'm somewhat paranoid ...