Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Hello there,

I'm Carl, a long-time reader of the RPS, a new member of the forum -- and I'd very much like to join the guild! I'm in my mid-to-late twenties, and although I've been a gamer for a long time I'm relatively new to MMOs. I put a lot of time over the summer into soloing LOTRO, but since most of the social stuff in that game is now at max level, I didn't really get to participate in that. I don't have many friends who play MMOs, so finding a friendly and relaxed group to play with is rather challenging. Since the RPS guild seems to be just that kind of group, it would be ideal for me!

I've been playing GW2 for about a week, and my main (Saphnabylni, a Sylvari necromancer) is at level 19.
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 25-09-2012 at 07:10 PM.

And we are up to date again. Welcome, everyone!
    Forum janitor in training.

Sent to TJ as well.

PS I'm off on holibobs for about 4 weeks now so won't be around - as such if and newbies wish to pm details your best bet is squirrel

Will look to arrange some WvW when I'm back and hopefully they might have added team join to Keg Brawl

Obscure Node
    Hi everyone.

I'm a long-time reader of RPS, but have only rarely read the forum until now. I'd like to join the guild, because the game gets to be quite lonely after a while and I want to play dungeons with some more reliable people.
    I started to play together with a real life friend of mine, but he doesn't really have much time or motivation for playing anymore and we rarely manage to play at the same time. So I'm looking for a guild to socialize in.

In real life I'm in my mid-twenties and working in the international office of a university. Until now I've always played on German servers because my friend can't speak English, but now I'm looking forward to join an English-speaking community.
    I understand pretty much 100% (unless you use very thick accents), but speaking and writing could still be improved. I hope that's not a problem.

In game I'm playing a level 54 Norn Thief. (Switched from a level 27 Human Mesmer)
    I've played DAoC and later switched to WoW on release, so I have some experience with MMOs. I raided a lot in WoW, but stopped playing in mid-2009, because the time-commitment became too much for my real life at the time and it felt like work. I'm now playing much more casually.

So if you'll have me, I sent my account name to Timofee.
    I'll switch servers if I'm invited - if I have to switch before I can be invited, please tell me.

Activated Node
    My Name is RedRobin and I am currently playing on Sorrows Furnace. I am really bored of the game and not sure if any one else feels that way. If you are looking for some one to play with I would love to team up

O hi!

I'm Pemptus, a reader of RPS since many, many moons. I sometimes post a comment or two when I think it would be funny or insightful or something about Thief. Any combination of the above is acceptable. I'm also awkward at introductions. My English, though not my primary language, is mostly fine in speech and writing.

I'm in the, uh, further half of my twenties and therefore way too old and crooked and lifeless to be playing with a bunch of silly teenagers, which is one of the reasons I extent my hairy palm to you guys. Not that there's anything wrong with being a teenager, hell, my dad was a teenager, once.

As you can see, I've just registered on the forums. I never got around to clicking that link way up there. Silly, I know.
    I also frequent the gog.com forums where I bedazzle all with my wit and knowledge.

My past MMORPG experience, you ask? WoW for about two years, up until Cataclysm. Had a couple of 80 lvl alts, but was never into the whole hardcore raiding scene, way too wuss for that. GW2 seems a bit more my speed, at the moment.

Anyway, Guild Wars 2! I currently have a level 23 tree lady named Livindia who smashes things and makes weapons and pretty jewels (I'm still at copper level, though, so not very pretty). I've only played for a week or so, and have no previous guild experience. You level quickly in this game, don't you?

I'll be PMing squirrelfanatic momentarily with my account name. Hope to have a grand ole time with you guys!

Hi Everyone,

Another long time RPS reader / lurker looking for a nice group of people to team up with, especially when it comes to doing dungeons and WvW. I just transferred my character to Gunnar's Hold so hope to be able to get an invite and join you in the action soon!

My username is: Dirklectisch.3840

Thanks in advance!

- Dirk

Hi RPS,

Loooong time RPS reader here, and MMO veteran who's mainly interested in WvWvW. Casual play times though, as I'm a 31 year old father of two with not that much spare time. No alts, only a L80 Warrior to support the ranks.

Decided to quit my current guild, as there wasn't any real activity unfortunately. I'd like to join and have already transfered to Gunnars Hold, so if someone could send an invite to : Inchoroi.1094

Thanks!

Obscure Node
    Hello, My names James my GW2 username is Sharmech.7608
    My Character name on the GunnersHold server is Charmingfella. My friend told me about your guild and I switched World to join, I love that you are not a Hardcore guild also your only rule sounds great.
    I am a slyvari Ranger and I am really starting to enjoy the game, can't wait to join in with my friend and the rest of the guild.
    Last edited by Sharmech; 28-09-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: not enough info

Obscure Node
    My Actual guild wars 2 username is Sharmech

Obscure Node
    Sharmech.7608

Hello!
    I'm AngryClive, as you can see to the left - Although, I'm not angry, or even called Clive. But I do play Guild Wars 2, and it's pretty darn fun. My username is Angry Clive.3824. I'm currently playing a Human hunter, level 12-ish.

Obscure Node
    This is my friend

Obscure Node
    Hi guys, long-time reader of RPS but new to Guild Wars 2 (and these forums!) - I'd love to join the guild if I can. Username is Robil.5631. Not really settled on a character yet - been playing a Charr Thief today, but I'm not sure if I like it yet. Are there any classes the guild is particularly lacking?

Invites sent, we're up to date again.
    Forum janitor in training.

Obscure Node
    Hello, I'd quite like to join the guild. I'm a long time lurker, very rare poster. Been playing a mesmer for the last few weeks, got to level 45 and haven't even touched the group/wvwvw stuff yet, so I reckon the place way to do those is with a guild. I'd like to join this one in particular because I think theres a smaller than normal chance of guild chat making my brain bleed. My username is jasonisme.5098 if you'll have me!

Obscure Node
    G'day,

Myself and my other half Cheezuz would like to say Hi

A bit about us, we both play MMOs: Planetside, EQ1, EQ2,Vanguard, Warhammer Online, Guildwars 1, and now Guildwars 2 and Cheezuz's list continues...
    We both have enjoyed all of the games that we have played for different reasons and I must admit that Cheezuz got me addicted to online gaming when he recruited me to his outfit on Planetside.
    During out EQ2 days we were both officers in a guild and played a couple of characters up through the ranks.
    Right now in Guild Wars 2 we have been trying a bit of everything and having fun with it all.
    Our main play times are GMT+9:30 (Australian Central Time) from 7-9/10 weeknights and random times on the weekends depending on what else we have planned.

Our GW2 account names are as follows:
    Belles.7280
    Cheezuz.6108

Cheers

Belles

Obscure Node
    *waves*

I'm Pzinget, and I had the pleasure of running the Ascawhatsist Catacombs with an RPS group last night; you were all so lovely that I'd like to throw my exceedingly awesome hat of feathery joy in with the guild (where my other half is already lodged and known as Thwap).

I've just picked up my recovering WoW-addict 9 month pin. I'm not a hardcore epic gamer by any means, I tend to run into scenery outcrops and die very quickly during epic battles. I have been known to dabble in RP. I have a wide variety of terrible jokes that I'll be only too happy to fill guild chat with. I'm a real-life busy professional person with a stethoscope, so my play time is a bit varied. I'm loving the jewelcrafting, which means no node goes left unwhacked. I will take large detours for shiny things.

If you're not too put off by the threat of the above, I'm Pzinget.5129 and I can't wait to meet you all.

Obscure Node
    Hi all,
    My name in game is Arold, new member of the guild and forums.
    In real life I'm friend with Burn (Malaphar in game) who pointed me to RPS. I'm a computer geek who currently works as web developer.

I started playing online very long ago with FPS games (Q2, Q3A) and then discovered MMOs and ended up playing them mostly (UO, FFXI, World of Warcraft).
    I played GW1 but for short time, so I'm not very experienced with the Guild Wars world.
    Currently playing a norn warrior, named Arold. You won't find me playing other characters as I usually focus on only one at time.

I'm very glad to join you all
    Cheers

Obscure Node
    Hi everybody,

Another long time RPS lurker here (think my introduction was an article on Hellgate London back in 2007, of all things), and would very much like to join the RPS guild.

I played WoW back in the day, mostly PvE with friends my guild, and did a bit of PvP and raiding (peaking at clearing Molten Core). But post-Crusade, as friends dispersed and I got a job in RL (software QA), endgame grind, pickup groups and taking ages to get anywhere burned me out of the genre so hard I gave away all my stuff and haven't looked back for a few years. Fortunately, all that time and RPS coverage left me with an abundant backlog of all sorts of games to catch up on instead.

Been following GW2 development for a while now though, and its much more player-friendly philosophy and accessible fun has lured me back from the wilderness (and the scale of WvW sounds like what I always hoped WoW's Alterac Valley would have been). The only thing missing was a community of good people to enjoy dungeons, WvW and the world with, so knowing there would be some fine RPSers out there sealed the deal.

Having bought the game last weekend and played longer/later than sensible every night since, I have a level 20 Charr Warrior and will be trying out other professions soon, starting with Guardian and Elementalist.

Hope to catch y'all in Tyria soon.