Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hey people. I am EsotericReverie, long time reader of RPS, avid player of Planetside 2 since release. Reinstalling Guild Wars 2, which I played with a colleauge for a couple of weeks/months, buit then grew tired of. I'm hoping the hiatus combined with maybe some patches and a good portion of teamplay and voice comms will help rekindle the flame.

I am EsotericReverie.3562, and my main is a level 60-something bunny-eared elementalist.

I am probably initially going to be most interested in trying out some dungeon runs, because the one I did with my friend and three randoms went to hell. We finally managed to slog through, but man, it took four hours of grind and the changing out of most of the team members at least once, because of the abysmal teamplay we managed. So, other than that, I might be up for osme ind of PvP too, but I really need to learn how to handle the elementalist again, for she is a fiery little handful!

Hope to see you in-game at some point. Will also need to transfer from Ring of Fire, I suppose?

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Hey esoteric, I'll be happy to run around with you in here as well some time.
    I've just recently started playing again after a hiatus so here's one somewhat familiar face for you :3

Yeah, hey there! Think Squirrelfanatic played PS2 for a bit too, right? Anyway, I'll be in as soon as the bloody autopatcher is done. 112 thousand files left to go still...

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yeah, hey there! Think Squirrelfanatic played PS2 for a bit too, right? Anyway, I'll be in as soon as the bloody autopatcher is done. 112 thousand files left to go still...
    Yes, I've played a few sessions alongside the RPS Vanu crew (which was good fun), but then decided that I the F2P model of the game was not for me and quit.

Nice to see you here, we'll get you in as soon as we can.

Alright I'm back in and ready for some playing and a guild invite.Do I need to switch servers to be able to join the RPS guild? I know cross-shard PvE play is possible, not sure about guild memberships...

In other news, it turns out that my Asura elementalist was level 54. : /

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I haven't had a chance to try the guesting stuff yet so will have to try it out.

The guardian I'm playing with atm is only like level 44 atm so unless I change to one of my others I'll have to catch you up

Yeah, we'll see how much I'll play. I popped in for a bit just now, and remembered why I stopped playing, because going solo is dead boring... Hope to catch some of you in-game somehow and rectify that situation!

We are on the Gunnar's Hold server and transfers aren't free anymore. However, even if you are not on the same server, you can join our guild and guesting would allow you to play with us, apart from WvW of course. I can send you the invite myself when I get back home, but maybe an officer could already help you out in the meantime.

If any RPS guildy reads this and is in the game already, please ask in /g chat if someone can help out.

Right, I'm in. Thanks for the invite! I just now popped on to say hi, and noticed everyone currently playing was a level 80, to no real surprise. Hope to be able to find someone to play with sometime soon anyway. But not tonight, because tonight is: A Call to Arms!

Welcome Eso! We play SC together I believe.

As for A Call To Arms - Jim nicked that from us.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Ooh, yeah hey! The A Call to Arms event was a massive success by the way. We got 115 people online, all at once, at least twice our usual numbers, and most of that was from new players. At least 40 or so that had never played with us before. We had a blast!

Anyway. I hope to be able to hop in-game sometime again soon. Will need to get on that Mumble too.

Network Hub
    Aw, just missed the Call to Arms because of registration-troubles... But I'd like to introduce myself and join the RPS-guild anyway I'm Vlupius.8750, have been playing GW2 since release (though rather casual), but never joined a guild. I've also been reading RPS for quite some time, but never really post comments or anything. And I'm the same in-game, as I prefer to listen to other people and only occasionally react, though I enjoy being part of a larger group of people to play with from time to time. I currently have several lower-level characters and one level 80 Ranger, so if I could get an invite that'd be great!

Hey Vlupius, welcome aboard, I've just sent you an in-game invitation.

Obscure Node
    Hey all, I've been reading RPS for a while now and have recently picked up a copy of GW2, so the obvious move now would be to ask for an invite to the guild

I'm El Monkey.6573 - the PC I spend most of my time playing on is a chronically under-powered laptop so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to join in with the dungeons/WvW stuff, but at the least I'll be able to join in with the guild chat while exploring and failing at the jumping puzzles!

Hey Monkey, invite will go out tonight.

Obscure Node
    Hello all, I've been lurking RPS for quite a while now, and been looking for a stable casual guild, so this looks perfect if you're happy to have me

In game I'm Trades.6019 - afraid my main's only level 44 currently (a ranger), but I should be able to get that up a bit soon, and do a little more dungeons/ WvW. Still in the midst of studying a gloriously long medical course, so will probably be online mainly during the holidays if that's ok

Obscure Node
    Hello, Zapad.8723 here. Similar to PlayingGames here minus the impressive med degree :P I play a lot of games but often in bursts (as in intensively for a few weeks/month and then a gap period that varies from a few days to half a year-year >.>).

I'm looking for a casual guild that likes to chat sometimes or gather for some obnoxious bosses that keep kicking my butt. I like Guild Wars because even when it's just full of NPCs it does feel like it's alive, however that doesn't replace actual people :P I have a level 49 Elementalist and lower level Necro and the thing I love doing most is...filling up that last % of the map. Oh and I'm chasing that Combat Healer title so...I'd be there to revive you after I miraculously fail to save you :P

Krathor, thanks for the kind response

Testing Post Merge Function

Welcome new guys, invites have been sent!

Welcome to the guild SGrant, nice to have you with us. Looking forward to see you in-game.
    Last edited by Squiz; 02-11-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: this is a test

Hi there, looking for a casual GW2 guild and as a long time reader of RPS, thought this would be perfect! I have a few friends already in the guild so that helps as well.

My GW2 name is SGrant.3204, I mostly play on my Level 80 Norn Warrior, however I have a few alts now that I will be looking to spend some time with.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Mornin ladies, I've been monkeying (Monketrune: around the place doing pretty much solo (partly due to game time opportunities at present) but still enjoying it. Racking up the xp in weaponsmithing.

Will be keeping a keen eye out on the mass event stuff - still low level myself (only 32) but having fun.