Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I'm Taverius.

I'm on whenever and for however long, depending on mood, the time of the year, and the will of the flying spaghetti monster.

I played City of Heroes for a while, did 2 campaigns + Eye of the North in Guild Wars, and shipspun for 4 years in EVE.

You'll probably see me play a Norn Ranger at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokahef View Post
    I think that's pretty much the only MMO i ever played! (not counting GW1). Don't remember it much, except for people running through dungeons yelling 'TRAAAIIIIN!", followed by my character's immediate death. =D
    And this is why Anarchy Online is best MMO ever I don't remember much either, other than going back to it like 3 years ago and thinking "It looked like THIS?"

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ohai. I'm FF.

I played Guild Wars when it was first released for roughly six months before dropping out, only to rejoin after each expansion.

I am intent on playing GW2 as much if not more than GW1, most likely again as an elementalist because who doesn't like throwing meteors at people?

I otherwise haven't been playing with the RPS community at all, in large part due to that pesky thing we call timezones and perhaps also ping. I hope to still be able to be part of the guild even with an ocean separating me from the majority of the members (sob).

I am also an avid Minecrafter prone to sudden bouts of playing the game for weeks near non-stop before disappearing for months.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Ohai. I'm FF.
    Is that Eff-Eff or FffFffff?

Activated Node
    FF, we should make a ninja team for taking stuff in WvWvWv while them others are gone in lullaby land!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    Is that Eff-Eff or FffFffff?
    The first, obviously. The second would be spelled "Fffff" and would usually be used in PG-13 environments.

Quote Originally Posted by AsimBa View Post
    FF, we should make a ninja team for taking stuff in WvWvWv while them others are gone in lullaby land!
    I'd love to, but I'm afraid I've already settled on Dragonbrand (US server) to play with some NA friends I know... And unfortunately guesting (when it actually is enabled) doesn't allow for participating in WvWvW.

Network Hub
    Hi chaps, I'm Quine. Been reading RPS for way too long and occasionally bung in a quip when I think I can get away with it.

I've started a lot more MMOs than I've finished over the years- best ones I can remember being D&D Online (for being able to play as a team) and realm vs realm in WOW when it worked (and it was dull the rest of the time). Except now GW2 has finally rolled into town and it's almost always fun and never work.

Looking forward to the WvW stuff and raining flaming death on packed crowds, and super excited about getting into some organised groups to cause trouble.

Activated Node
    Firkragg. A man. A lover. An avid reader of sci-fi and watcher of Shows. I have a particular fondness for stupid humour and have been known for being obnoxiously happy, all the the time. The highest rank I have ever attained in a guild is the much coveted rank of Fluffybuns, unofficial cheerleader. As you can see my credentials are most impressive, if I may say so myself.

(PLEASE TAKE ME! NOONE ELSE WANTS ME!)
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    "CATS", he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Hey I'm Logax, being Belgian I'm most certainly not as witty and smart as most English folk here... But I've come to terms with that. I'm 30 years old, father of a 12 year old son and an avid gamer (though not as much as I used to sadly...).

I've first started playing MMOs around 8 or 9 years ago with EverQuest Online Adventures (EQOA) on the PS2 and have since ventured in many other MMOs since then. The one I played the most was WoW. The thing I'm getting most excited about with GW2 is that the game motivates me to actually fully explore the zones. I also like the PvP side of things so you will see me in WvW and sPvP quite regularly.

I'm NieA7, a name that comes from here but that nobody else has heard of (which is a shame, because it's hilarious). I've played a whole load of GW1 and had a whale of a time, hopefully GW2 will be just as awesome in its own way. I'll be starting off with a Charr Necromancer and probably sticking with PvE to begin with, hopefully shuffling into more WvW as time goes by.

Hello good folk!

My names 20phoenix and my time with RPS has mostly been spent scurrying round a bloodbowl pitch. I started in MMOs with LOTRO - still the benchmark for me in terms of community. I jumped ship to WoW to join my real life friends briefly before trying out WAR which sadly died a slow and painful death. I returned to WoW for Wrath before packing in MMOs and returning to my first love - strategy games. Been waiting for GW2 since it was announced and the beta's got me all excited about MMOs again. Normally play healers/casters of some description so elementalist will be my character here.

Look forward to seeing you in game

Hi,

I've been reading Rock Paper Shotgun pretty much from the beginning, but I've been active community-wise only around the release of the Orange Box, when I could be found more or less regularly in the RPS Steam group chatroom.

My first experience online has been with Unreal, and it involved a lot of lag and warping: those were the days of analog modems but, mainly, I had no idea what 'ping' was ("maybe higher is better?").

It was only with the release of Unreal Tournament ('99) that I fell in love with multiplayer though, a passion further kindled a couple of years later by the arrival of Tribes 2, which I played competitively in the European ladder for a while and was the cause of more than a discussion with my girlfriend at the time.

As the Tribes 2 scene started to fade, it was time to look for something else: Dark Age of Camelot and Battlefield 1942 were the popular online games back then, but a subtle aversion for the titles that took away a good chunk of the T2 community kept me away from them.

I decided instead to follow a couple of Dutch friends in my first (and only) MMORPG: Anarchy Online, which I played for a few years on Die Neue Welt.

With my days as a university student turning to an end and FunCom doing its best to make me hate the game, inducing a sort of allergy to the MMO genre in the process, I moved back to single-player games.

Guild Wars caught my attention when the Complete Edition turned up on Play.com for a ludicrously low price: it felt like one of those essential PC experiences that couldn't be missed, and the possibility to play it solo with heroes sealed the deal.

As I became more familiar with the skills system I fell in love with the game and the necromancer I started my adventures in Tyria with was followed by a ranger, then an assassin, a warrior, elementalist, mesmer... it was the genesis of an altaholic.

...And now I'm eagerly waiting for the sequel, which promises to be playable with a more social approach than the first one while still remaining quite friendly for those of us with erratic gaming schedules (though I'll hopefully be able to attend at last some of the planned guild events).

If you've read so far you deserve a cookie, which I'll happily provide as soon as my Mesmer will be able to cook one.

Kismet has been seen in recent years playing online: Team Fortress 2, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Fallen Empire: Legions, Trackmania, Battlefield 3 and the occasional multiplayer game on one of the heathen platforms.
    Last edited by Kismet; 22-08-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    No stone left unturned. No tree left unpruned.

Having updated the front page I guess I should do one of these too

I'm Tim, a reformed lurker and shepherd of this herd of cats (unicorns).

I'm in gainful full time employment (here's hoping I need never come back and edit this post) and since gaming is my main hobby I spend a disturbing proportion of my life hunched in front of a computer.

I'm grateful to have grown up in an age when Amiga Power (arf) and PC Gamer were such fantastic bastions of games journalism and distinctly remember feeling sadness when Jim and Kieron left the full time staff of PCG (sorry John / Alec!) as such RPS was the natural destination later in life.

I was a frequent poster on futuregamer forums (which I recall was Future publishing's first foray into online journalism) many moons ago - although I was a teenager then and thusly will feel suitably shamed if anyone digs up my old posts.

I've been brought up on a varied diet of gaming, but these days find myself more and more interested in just multiplayer FPSs/RPGs and story-led single player games. Not that there isnt some room in there for the Minecrafts, Crusader Kings 2s and Bejewelleds of the world. Oh and Football Manager - in fact probably just ignore the first part of this paragraph!

I like complaining about inconsequential stuff and people on Mumble will have to put up with my incessant whining while playing.

The rest you don't remotely care about. Nuff.
    Last edited by Timofee; 22-08-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Hey,

Since I'd rather not embark on too much of a personal journey and the main reason I'm joining up for GW2 for ze experience (read with poor French accent) I'll keep this short. Also because my left but cheek is itchy. There we go.

My name is Geert, 24, originally Dutch and studying/working in Singapore. As a result I'll play mostly casually on straaange hours.

My gaming history is actually more from consoles (old Sega's, Ninty's, Dreamcast) towards PC. I've mostly played FPS (avid CS player on med-high level) and WoW extensively on EU Dentarg/Ragnaros/Bloodfeather servers and had a jolly good time until Blizzard went bazoozoo and did a stinky over Azeroth (WToLK). I've spent my time with single player games since mostly whenever time affords me.

Very much looking forward to Saturday chatting and questing with you lot. Also, if you're into music > guitar > harder music > more guitar. Hi! We should talk!

Greetings all, I'm Salix and I'm another slightly reformed lurker. My main MMO experience has been in WoW, which I quit shortly after Burning Crusade appeared, and a large variety of F2P stuff. I shall be near dead from tiredness and lack of sleep by the time I get on GW2 but I plan to be there as soon as I can. See you all soon!

Lightbulb here.

Played a quite a lot of GW1 Prophesies but never finished the other campaigns. Most enjoyed the PvP aspect really particularly GvG. Not ever wanted to pay a subscription so haven't played another real MMO's.

Last 5 or so years I have been gravitating to competitive team games (Counter Strike, Guild Wars GvG and more recently League of Legends). Been in a few clans/guilds but not a super serious player. I like to play to win not just to win if you know what I mean.

I still buy and play single player games but tend to get draw back to the multiplayer.

I expect I will level at least one character to 80 and 'finish' the game but probably won't bother with another. Hoping that the sPvP clicks with me and I can play that instead of LoL. If not I expect to get my moneys worth from PvE.

I expect I will get several characters to 80 though if only for WvWvW.

Look forward to playing with you all - and getting mumble sorted out!

Ello! I'm Mbaya, and I'm an altaholic.

I'm actually keen to change that this time around, I think its prevented me from getting into recent games such as Rift and Tera and although I have five characters currently thought out I plan to spend most of my time on a Sylvari Elementalist.

I started with MMOG's way back with Asheron's Call and have tried (and often spent a great deal of time) in most major (and some obscure) MMO releases, most notably Dark Age of Camelot, Star Wars Galaxies, Planetside and World of Warcraft. I'm a bit of a loner in games...I like to be part of a living world, seeing people come and go - doing their own things, I like to earn what I use myself but am always willing to lend a hand when I can and I really enjoy friendly banter, and there seems no better place on the interweb than RPS for that!

I'm a bit of a completionist, so I'll spend far too much time exploring the nooks and crannies of the world while trying not to get randomly stuck in rocks or falling through the map. PvP tends to get its hooks into me though, so its hard to say where most of my time will be spent, but I look forward to spending it with the rest of you where ever that ends up.

Also, I really really like emoticons, gibberish and non-combat pets
    Virtual Organ Doner - "It's better to gib, than to receive."
    .: Steam :: Screenshots :: Steam Beautiful Screenshots Group :.

Howdy, howdy.

Name is Blair, I'm a ex-pat Scotsman living in Vancouver, Canada for the last couple of years. I work in the (shrinking daily) games industry in town, making games for dirty consoles and things called "tablets" that aren't PCs at all.

Long time reader of RPS, never played Guild Wars but was a vet of WoW from about 6 or 7 years ago - played on Steamwheedle Cartel with Unspeakable Villainy/Destiny, then PCG, through till a few months after Cataclysm launched. Looking forward to joining you fine folks on GW2, you always seemed like a fine bunch of strangers from all the comments I've read on RPS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Hello mateys

Played a few MMO's in my time but always solo'd them, never played as a community really. Looking forward to pestering you all constan- spending time with you chaps once the game launches. I'll try not to sully our name too much.

Hello, I'm Beard Of Bees. I was a World of Warcraft player for a very long time but fell out of love right after the last expansion. I've been waiting for GW2 with massive anticipation.

I'm new to RPS; my regular haunt is really the Guardian Gamesblog which is not so much a community as a loose collective of maniacs who occasionally burble something about video games. I love them all. But they don't really play many MMOs.

I put a plaintive call for help on Reddit a little while back, asking where I might find a mature, intelligent, community to play GW2 with. I'm 30 next month, with a 2 year old child and another on the way. The thought of wading through a new MMO's /general chat looking for friends depressed the hell out of me. In WoW I was part of a great guild of likeminded grown-ups and I wanted the same for my GW2 experience. I was referred here.

I'm serious about gaming and also a buffoon who likes larking about and taking things easy. I enjoy competitive games (I'm trying to work out this Dota thing...) without being too hardcore about anything. I don't have fifty hours a week to play but I love tweaking and optimising my builds and play to be the best they can. I find myself wearing more shirts with collars and less t-shirts, and catch myself tucking everything in a bit too much. I'm in bed by 11 on most work nights but sometimes have the place to myself and stay up till 4am locked in a virtual fantasy world. I own a pair of old man slippers but also a bunch of computer equipment that glows blue for no good reason. I have a serious job, but keep a little toy Yoshi figurine on my desk.

I'm just a dyed-in-the-wool gamer, who's getting older.